SL Wiki Upload List

Yeah, that's where I picked up the scenario. You are probably thinking of a subsequent scenario (Empires) by the same author which uses a similar theme but on a much bigger map.

It looks like I might be, but I have no idea what I need to do. I tried to search for Nicheal in the user list, but as he is blocked from registering I guess he won't show up. I'm not sure how to allow new contributors to sign up. I could create a new account myself if Nicheal sends me a PM with his e-mail address and a password preference. I guess this is not the ideal way to do it, but it should work.

That was really a rhetorical question. Harry Tuttle, St Leo and you are the 3 administrators/bureaucrats. Since the other two are likely unavailable, that kinda leaves you. St Leo explained what he did in this post. I thought that you must have seen it. I have no experience in wiki management, but I see two options:
  1. Temporarily open the door for new registrations by removing that wildcard line ("User:.*") from the Titleblacklist and restoring it when done. People can arrange a time by sending you a PM or posting a registration request in this thread.
  2. There also appears to be a Titlewhitelist, so maybe you could try entering a user's name in that list instead, eg, "User:Nicheal". If that works, that would make the registration process much simpler.

Yup. Perhaps not the ideal way to work if it was a really busy forum, but fine for the few requests I'm likely to get.

By the way, I would like to voice my praise for Tootal's new Iwo Jima scenario and Petit's new mods as well as Catfish, Nicheal and Ghost of Disco's additions to the Wiki. Its good to see our community still working. I have been really busy recently, but I hpe to find enough time to add my own project soon (like you haven't heard that before ;) ).

That was really a rhetorical question. Harry Tuttle, St Leo and you are the 3 administrators/bureaucrats. Since the other two are likely unavailable,
[/LIST]

You could always try a PM too. I do still receive email notifications of forum activity, as well as PMs.

So, any thoughts on making a SAV file structure table (like this for ToT) for other versions of Civ2 on the Wiki site? There's the Allard Hofelt's manual and all the historic info on these forums, but it would be good to have it all on one place. Of course I would be more than willing to start working on it, but making an account on the site seems to be a problem.

So, any thoughts on making a SAV file structure table (like this for ToT) for other versions of Civ2 on the Wiki site? There's the Allard Hofelt's manual and all the historic info on these forums, but it would be good to have it all on one place. Of course I would be more than willing to start working on it, but making an account on the site seems to be a problem.
For some reason, that site has NEVER liked me and never let me upload anything directly, despite trying all relevant technical advice. I always have to get @McMonkey to upload things for me.

Can someone please update the main scenario league thread to show that Over the Reich by John Petroski & Prof. Garfield has been added as of 12/20/18? Thanks!

I don't know if you know how to contact Nicheal, but he apparently uploaded a new scenario fairly recently but added a dead link for the upload.

Edit- African Colonies in Industrial scenarios. Perhaps as an admin you can see if the file is there but merely linked in error?

There's a blast from the past. I wonder if he ever got the help he clearly needed. He was a talented guy but his people skills left a lot to desire. I will check out his upload link & may well e-mail him to see if he needs any assistance. No doubt I'll be told how amazing he is & how us mere mortals are just too primitive to comprehend his genius. However, I'm genuinely intrigued to see what he has developed here. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!

There's a blast from the past. I wonder if he ever got the help he clearly needed. He was a talented guy but his people skills left a lot to desire. I will check out his upload link & may well e-mail him to see if he needs any assistance. No doubt I'll be told how amazing he is & how us mere mortals are just too primitive to comprehend his genius. However, I'm genuinely intrigued to see what he has developed here. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!

Sort of like Vincent Van Gogh. A VERY talented artist whose paintings sell for ludicrous amounts at modern art auctions. But his idea of prepositioning a woman involved cutting his own ear off... :p

I seem to have missed that drama but I ran a search and had a good read. I can't claim to be an angel (I started Civ2 as a bratty middleschooler after all, and old readme's show it! :lol: ). Perhaps he too will eventually grow out of it. I suppose we are all a little off in the head to still be playing this game all these years later.

I do hope you can get the link working as it is an interesting time period and idea for a new scenario.

Top Bottom