SL Wiki Upload List

I seem to have missed that drama but I ran a search and had a good read. I can't claim to be an angel (I started Civ2 as a bratty middleschooler after all, and old readme's show it! :lol: ). Perhaps he too will eventually grow out of it. I suppose we are all a little off in the head to still be playing this game all these years later.

I do hope you can get the link working as it is an interesting time period and idea for a new scenario.

When I was in junior high (what we call middle school here), the Internet was all text, needed an external modem, blocked up your phone line, made that horrible fax noise while connecting, took forever to find another Internet terminal (and you had to know the actual IP number - no surfing, web searches, or catchy web addresses), and the phone company charged you an arm and a leg to use it. Oh, how good you kids had it. I didn't first log into Apolyton (when the SL was still there) until I was in my '20's.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Nichael? (I know :nono:) His African Colonies update of Brown Man's Burden looks really interesting and I'd like to at least help players find and play it. He added the page to the Wiki back in the summer but I was completely unaware of it until John spotted it in the uploads list. I don't think I've e-mailed sim since I swapped to G-Mail a few years back so he's not in my contacts there and I cannot access my old Outlook account. As he is blocked on this forum I can't get hold of his e-mail that way. The page just comes up as Unknown (or words to that effect). I'm not sure anyone else had the pleasure of his abusive e-mails, so I'm not hopeful on that front.

Nichael, if you're reading this and you want to e-mail me: werd1066 AT gmail.com I'd love to hear from you :cool:

I got two e-mails from our old buddy Nichael. He's not changed one bit :lol: I wished him a Merry Christmas and told him to get in tough if he releases African Colonies & I'll publicize it. It looks like the game is lacking several of the text files. I think it works enough for Nichael to play but is not polished enough for general release. At least that's what I think he was saying.

Hi. I made I graphics modpack for Civ2. How can I release it with Scenario league? I tried to register to that site and got an error "The user name has been banned from creation. It matches the following blacklist entry: User:.*"
Does one release the modpacks here on forum? And the same question about scenarios.

Hi. I made I graphics modpack for Civ2. How can I release it with Scenario league? I tried to register to that site and got an error "The user name has been banned from creation. It matches the following blacklist entry: User:.*"
Does one release the modpacks here on forum? And the same question about scenarios.

All user names are banned from creation on the Scenario League Wiki. The Wiki version is so obsolete that if it weren't done, the Wiki would be overrun by spam.

It might make more sense to make an announcement post in the forum and upload it there. I'm not sure how much traffic the Scenario League Wiki gets anyway.

I got two e-mails from our old buddy Nichael. He's not changed one bit :lol: I wished him a Merry Christmas and told him to get in tough if he releases African Colonies & I'll publicize it. It looks like the game is lacking several of the text files. I think it works enough for Nichael to play but is not polished enough for general release. At least that's what I think he was saying.

Nichael's a real character isn't he haha.. He's still got an account over at civforum.de and messaged me (despite not being German I have an account there) last year to tell me that he saw the crazy Civ2 scenarios I'm working on here and thought they were really cool but also cr*p for a number of reasons :lol: and kindly offered his services to overhaul them once I'm done haha. :lol: It also turned out he and I had already crossed paths years ago at the abandonia forums where he's got a big thread about his impressive Ascendancy (great old 4X space game) fan patch where he continuously swears and rants about stuff while tearing into anyone who asks him a dumb question hahaha, he cracks me up! :lol:

All user names are banned from creation on the Scenario League Wiki. The Wiki version is so obsolete that if it weren't done, the Wiki would be overrun by spam.
It might make more sense to make an announcement post in the forum and upload it there. I'm not sure how much traffic the Scenario League Wiki gets anyway.

Yup everyone gets your name is banned message when trying to sign up there. Figured spam was the reason.

Ok, I released this graphic modpack on the forum. If somebody wishes to update Scenario League Wiki some day, the files can be found on topic
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/minimap-scenario.667476/
Thanks.

Looks like this thread is the place to request access and I've just posted there asking for it. However McMonkey (the last wiki admin) has been absent for a few months now so who knows whether I or anyone else can get access to it or not.

Top Bottom