Slave Trade

Slave Trade V. 6.00

Bummer, Thanks for the feedback. What about Traders? I'm curious about those too.

I'm literally working on an extremely similar mod for Slavery.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/slavery-mod-by-darkleaf.605837/

The biggest difference being that a Slave Master (+2 Combat Damage, 50% Chance to create Slave), Slave Hunter (+4 Combat Damage, +4 Combat Damage against Barbarians and Slave Rebels, 50% Chance to create Slave), or Slave Trader (+1 Movement, +50G Whenever a Slave is created within 1 Tile, 60% chance to create Slave), Support/Civilian Class Units.

Slaves have a 50% chance to spawn after an enemy unit is killed in combat, or an improvement is pillaged.

Slaves also, have a 10% chance to create a Slave Rebel whenever they use a Charge.

There are a bunch of traits and specific slave related units as well I'm adding.

Colosseum (any civ) and/or Roman Entertainment Districts can create a Gladiator Combat Unit by using a Slave Charge

City States now gift Auxiliary whenever a Trade Route is complete, or Auxiliary Combat Units can be purchased at your capital if you are a Suzerain.

Plus, a lot more Slave Specific Buildings... (10% completed on the buildings, only the Brothel and the Parlour work so far)

If you'd like to work together on this. LET ME KNOW!

Ok, a question for both of the modders: How do you "abolish" slavery? Because pretty much all the world abolished slavery around the 19th century (at least legally - segregation and apartheid are not "slavery" in the legal sense). So any of you planning on adding a "abolishing" policy, civic or etc around the modern era (to go along with history)?

The slave market goes obsolete in the Modern era.

I could make the slave unit go obsolete but I'm not sure if the capture mechanic will work properly.

The system of slavery should be a policy, not the banning of it. If that were the case then you would need to keep that policy active for the remainder of the game.

The slaves in the late game are only possible when capturing civilians. And this only happens when you are at war. I don't think it's a stretch to say that this can happen again in today's world. Think prisoners of war.

The slave market goes obsolete in the Modern era.

I could make the slave unit go obsolete but I'm not sure if the capture mechanic will work properly.

The system of slavery should be a policy, not the banning of it. If that were the case then you would need to keep that policy active for the remainder of the game.

The slaves in the late game are only possible when capturing civilians. And this only happens when you are at war. I don't think it's a stretch to say that this can happen again in today's world. Think prisoners of war.

Cool, thank you, now i'm downloading the mod :D :D

UncivilizedGuy updated Slave Trade with a new update entry:

Add new project and policy

Slave no longer goes obsolete. Since slavery exists in modern times I decided to take a different approach. This also solves the problem of having useless Slave Deeds in the end game.

New Policy: Human Trafficking. 50% discount on Slave purchases and -4 Housing in each city. Requires Ideology.

Indentured Servitude now gives -2 Housing. Upgrades to Human Trafficking.

New Project: Slave Markets. Produces two Slave Deeds and +15% Gold. Requires State Workforce, Commercial Hub, and Iron....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Heh, I was just about to comment about slavery being obsolete in current times, it`s all on all time high. You can order one from internet (pretty sure you will go to jail for that in western countries') .
This is the next mod im setting up for a game.
8 ages of pace
this
and im looking for something to balance out city states and irrational leaders - any ideas for post fall patch?

I will let you know how my games will end up with this.

Heh, I was just about to comment about slavery being obsolete in current times, it`s all on all time high. You can order one from internet (pretty sure you will go to jail for that in western countries') .
This is the next mod im setting up for a game.
8 ages of pace
this
and im looking for something to balance out city states and irrational leaders - any ideas for post fall patch?

I will let you know how my games will end up with this.
Good timing! I released a patch last night. Slaves no longer go obsolete.

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work. Tried loading from steam and from Civfanatics. Neither worked. A new game could not be loaded.

it's not working... If you could update it for R&F i would be really happy !

Top Bottom