Slavic Fed and Miasma satellites

Eggbert29

Chieftain
I can't remember which video it was in, but I believe it was stated that the Miasmic Repulsor satellite fully clears all Miasma within its radius by the end of its duration.

Does that mean it, and possibly the Miasmic Condensor satellites, are actually less efficient for the Slavic Federation because their duration is increased?

If the Miasmic Satellites instead effect X hexes per turn and wouldn't usually clear/cover all hexes in their zone before de-orbiting then the extra duration would remain useful.

Also, does anyone know if we will be able to de-orbit our own satellites voluntarily? I am assuming so since CivV allows you to disband your units, but would like confirmation.

I was thinking about the same thing while theorycrafting virtues the other day (there's the industry virtue that allows satellites to stay in orbit for 40% longer). I seems like it would actually be a detriment as much as a boon in many cases and not just for miasma sats: military sats would be stuck over a city long after conquering (when you'd have replaced it with an economic sat normally), the rocktopus would lag behind the rest of the army, weather controller sats take longer to create (presumably the same number of) bonus resources, and when discovering newer, better sats it will take longer to employ them because the old ones will still be in orbit.

So I certainly hope that they can be disbanded/deorbited as well.

I was thinking about the same thing while theorycrafting virtues the other day (there's the industry virtue that allows satellites to stay in orbit for 40% longer). I seems like it would actually be a detriment as much as a boon in many cases and not just for miasma sats: military sats would be stuck over a city long after conquering (when you'd have replaced it with an economic sat normally), the rocktopus would lag behind the rest of the army, weather controller sats take longer to create (presumably the same number of) bonus resources, and when discovering newer, better sats it will take longer to employ them because the old ones will still be in orbit.

So I certainly hope that they can be disbanded/deorbited as well.

Normally u can deorbited ur own satellites manually :).

I can't remember which video it was in, but I believe it was stated that the Miasmic Repulsor satellite fully clears all Miasma within its radius by the end of its duration.

I was under the impression that its effect was applied instantly when deployed. Surely it lasts x turns, but that's because the miasma can respawn, so it's delaying its return.

So the Slavic Federation actually has more turns before the miasma comes back.

I dont think miasma respawns. I hope not anyways because that sounds annoying. Perhaps these satellites can be moved once all miasma is cleared so SF would be able to clear an extra tile or two in another location before it crashes.

I was under the impression that its effect was applied instantly when deployed. Surely it lasts x turns, but that's because the miasma can respawn, so it's delaying its return.

So the Slavic Federation actually has more turns before the miasma comes back.

Miasma does not respawn.

Perhaps they said it would be miasma free because even though the satellite only gets X tiles/turn it targets the miasma ones first. (Meaning that unless the area is totally filled with miasma, a normal sat will clear it all)... But to fill/clear All of an area that is totally empty/full takes multiple satellites.

Also, does anyone know if we will be able to de-orbit our own satellites voluntarily? I am assuming so since CivV allows you to disband your units, but would like confirmation.

But, on the flipside, in Civ 5 you can't end your Trade Routes prematurely; you have to wait for the 30 turns to expire before rerouting them.

I'm pretty sure I heard it confirmed that you could, but that was a while ago.

You could always shoot it down - you can even do that with others' satellites.

I'm not sure you could shoot it down..I don't think you can attack your own units.

However, I'm pretty sure voluntary deorbit is in.

The tooltip for the Miasmic Repulsor states that it "Clears miasma from affected tiles, starting from the center." I would guess that it does so at a constant rate.

I believe it was said that you can de-orbit your own satellites, but that was a long time ago.

I don't believe it's known for certain whether or not miasma respawns on its own.

The tooltip for the Miasmic Repulsor states that it "Clears miasma from affected tiles, starting from the center." I would guess that it does so at a constant rate.

I believe it was said that you can de-orbit your own satellites, but that was a long time ago.

I don't believe it's known for certain whether or not miasma respawns on its own.

When they were talking about the miasma satellite in that livestream? It was mentioned as a good idea to build the satellite because once the miasma was gone it would not come back.

Wouldn't it be wicked if Harmony had a tech that seeded Miasma? :D

Wouldn't it be wicked if Harmony had a tech that seeded Miasma? :D

...um they do..there is both a worker activity and a satellite that place miasma on tiles
(and the tech that gives those does give harmony points)

OK then, some wicked Harmonizing is surely in store for someone.

Top Bottom