[R&F] Small things you have noticed on playing

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Victoria, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Klinn

Klinn Warlord

I smell a dark plague encroaching upon the cities. :)

nzcamel likes this.
  2. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

Not sure what happened. I was asked to join an emergency with two other nations versus Mongolia and accepted. Then two turns later was asked again to join the same emergency again, but it was only me, myself and I.

3. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

I know they fixed the Kongo's bug with reliquaries where you used to get 1000+ faith/turn for 5 relics in the palace, but not quite...
    Now, if the city in question has that majority religion (but the religion with reliquaries is not the majority religion in Kongo's empire) then the triple faith from relics works for that city, but triple tourism does not (not sure if they had intended it to work or not)... But if that religion is also majority religion in your empire, then you get both triple faith and tourism. So I'm guessing the triple tourism part is considered a founder belief (since it is up there in the slot with beliefs that give culture and gold per follower) but the triple faith part is actually a follower belief (same with divine inspiration where anyone gets the bonuses on an individual city basis). I have not tested what would happen in the reverse situation when the empire is converted but the city is not,.. would you get the triple tourism, but not the triple faith I wonder.

Basically 14+ or so relics (palace 5, Michel 2, basil 3, natural history 4, Apadana/GP bank 2) with St. Basil's Cathedral is an easy peaceful culture win on deity even with the likes of Greece and Russia in the game prior to computers... just need good luck with religion... the wonders themselves are not an issue if you beeline them and use Magnus. Even without the reliquaries belief it still is quite powerful, but not capable of finishing off deity Greece quite yet. Ever since RnF came out has been trying to optimize this strategy as Kongo for ~5 games now.

Nigel_Tufnel2 and Thormodr like this.
  4. TomeTraveler

TomeTraveler Chieftain

If you click to assign a new governor on a city that already has a governor, the game warns you that the old governor will be unnassigned and asks you to confirm. If you confirm, the new governor is installed and the old one put back into the free governor pool. I haven't tried it with a OCC yet though, are you saying you cannot do this with just one city?

leandrombraz and nzcamel like this.
  5. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Yeah, absolutely fair. It's from a gameplay POV that it's good that V didn't carry on IV's option to share contacts in diplomacy; as it makes the mid game more interesting as you still discover new Civs. But seeing as that is the case, I'm sure this is a bug.

It's a trap!

MisterBoomBoom likes this.
  6. miaasma

miaasma Prince

this has happened in just about every game i've played lately, and it's even worse with the expansion because within 10 turns the conquered CS just becomes a free city that can be captured/liberated

in a recent game, poland captured babylon about 4 separate times, with me capturing (once it was free) and liberating it almost immediately after every time

7. Magil

Magil Monarch

I'm not complaining, just pointing out a scenario. I mean, I was slightly annoyed that Egypt took my CS ally, but I'm not blaming the game for that, in fact it would make sense for her to do that since I was suzerain and it was near her territory :p

And offering a counter-example in that I have seen plenty of aggression towards city-states in my games. In fact in my Netherlands game I conquered two whole empires riding the back of protectorate wars and city-state emergencies that gave me wars with no warmonger penalties.

Thormodr likes this.
  8. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Anyone know what happened to Discuss "Stop converting my cities"? I've had three cities flipped, and still no discuss option.

9. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

It doesn't make sense here. R&F city flipping through free cities was done with specific goal to have no one to blame.

10. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

I believe he/she means religious conversion.

nzcamel likes this.
  11. Hans Castorp

Hans Castorp Prince

Haven't been able to find a way to do that so far. When I've tried to assign a new governor to the city, it hasn't let me do it, but maybe I'm missing something. I'll keep experimenting.

12. Inlex

Inlex Warlord

Dordrecht, Netherlands / Tilburg, Netherlands
    Noticing small things:
    - Trading post icon does not seem to show anymore on cities, unless you have a trader selected which needs new orders. IIRC, that was not the case before. I noticed it, because I was contemplating whether or not to renew an alliance to a CIV I had no direct access to, but would have if I could chain trading posts through another civ. Just couldn't find the city I already had a post in.Since there's no way that I know of to check 'old' messages (i.e. "You created a trading post in city X), the info was too hard to come by and I blew it off.

nzcamel likes this.
  13. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

From our earlier discussion about how loyalty is making it harder to expand; I think it's worth noting that I'm surprised that England has got away with the settlement location of both Leeds and Sheffield. I had the Diplomat in Dumfries earlier with the emissary promotion (till Philip stole Yerevan off me with his Diplomat which I needed to get back), and she was making a little inroad, but it looks like I'd need to also get an Entertainment Complex and Bread & Circuses plus more going there to make a significant difference. So despite their close proximity to two of my biggest cities, they're doing fine, because there's enough loyalty pressure coming from the cities behind them I guess. It does work a bit different to culture flipping in IV, in that sense :)

And I had flipped plenty of cities earlier who weren't as close to my core as this; but had less support from anything behind them.

Spoiler :

English loyalty.PNG

14. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

There was a renew alliance button. I just noticed it in my last game.
    20180215104202_1.jpg

Katakanja likes this.
  15. GermanSettler

GermanSettler Warlord

I really like how the AI is now often building alliances in war and even sending troops together.

However, they really need to have the AI putting good relations and friendships with another civ over the war alliance they build with another civ. Or at least have them not always joining that war alliance, even against their agenda.

That spoils the immersion and the work you put into diplomacy (which imho makes - in general - much more sense now than in vanilla).

16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Not something I noticed, but something I just realized. I think I've been playing with a rules restriction that doesn't actually exist.

I thought that the Government Plaza had to be adjacent to a city center. Is this not the case? Was it ever mentioned? Where did I get this idea?

Well, if true it made placing it a lot easier.

17. Equilin

Equilin King

It's probably the name that made you think that, i stopped to think about it for about a minute when I was to built it first time too.
    Why would the "government" district be located in somewhere far-fetched? CIA secret base?

18. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

It have no requirements, you can build anywhere a district can be built, in any city you want it to be. The best location is somewhere you can build a cluster of districts around it.

19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Yeah, I have been playing with a rule that doesn't exist, haha. I was really happy with the district placement in my current game until I realized this.

20. jesperben

jesperben Chieftain

Yes there is. You can see the list in the Civilopedia, rightmost button.