[GS] Sneak Peak 27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a link between Corvinius specifically and diplomacy. He was elected monarch of Hungary and later Bohemia. He's a dead ringer for an ability that focuses on Diplo victory.

Someone in the general discussion thread mentioned it might be the Ottomans because it looked like part of Yedikule Fortress.

I guess tomorrow is either Hungary or the Ottomans? We can't know for sure because I think several parts of Hungarian culture come from the Ottomans.

Also i wonder if Corvin Castle is just a backdrop or if it could be also be a Wonder

This may just be my lack of knowledge on Hungarian history, but I don't see a natural fit between Hungary and (a) natural disasters, (b) strategic resources, or (c) diplomatic favours.

Therefore, I'm wondering if there's some new mechanic or system change they want to highlight.

Alternatively, perhaps someone has an idea on how Hungary may fit in with one of the new systems we do know about.
I don't think Chandragupta, Scotland, or the Zulu used any of the R&F mechanics either. Not all the civs or leaders necessarily will.

Someone in the general discussion thread mentioned it might be the Ottomans because it looked like part of Yedikule Fortress.

I guess tomorrow is either Hungary or the Ottomans? We can't know for sure because I think several parts of Hungarian culture come from the Ottomans.
No one would use that background for an Ottoman leader. For Hungary, the tower is rather stereotypical.

If this is Corvin Castle I wonder if they will go with Hungry or Magyar

They're posting the leader backgrounds now, I think (putting tags because size)

Spoiler :

This is castle Corvinus. it's Hungary.

Personally, I don't think these match up all that well. Could be wrong, but it looks to me like it could be Yedikule Fortress. Granted, the peaks are missing from modern pictures, however when first built there were there.

So I think it could be the Ottomans.

Leaks 1
Byzantium conspiracy theory 0

:mischief:
Well we got a black plague scenario based off of the last expansion trailer...so Earthquakes and Byzantines might just have to wait for the third expansion.

A question from Twitter, is that the sea in the background?

Personally, I don't think these match up all that well. Could be wrong, but it looks to me like it could be Yedikule Fortress. Granted, the peaks are missing from modern pictures, however when first built there were there.

I think there's merit to that supposition. But if the leak is correct and we are getting Suleiman, then he would probably either have a battlefield or Topkapi Palace in his background.

No. Hungary or Romania. Marovia maybe as well.
Honestly Vlad Tepes leading Romania would make me as happy.
But at this point it is Hungary.

It cannot be the Yedikule Fortress. The leak clearly show pointy roofs. Corvinius Castle does have pointy roofs, but Yedikule Fortress don't.

One thing that bothers me with Corvinus Castle is that the background behind the tower and wall looks like a sea to me. I checked and Huneodara is very far inlands. My first impression was some Ottoman fortress with the Black Sea or Sea of Marmara behind.

A question from Twitter, is that the sea in the background?
Researching quickly I found out the castle is built on a rock above the Zlasti River.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom