1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Snofru's Space Maps

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Snofru1, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Kohnoshish

Kohnoshish Chieftain

Does this need an update to work with the latest SVN, 11217, @Snofru1 ? (Also pinging @raxo2222 just in case)

2. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

The current one would be 11227...
    Time is a scarce resource these days but quickly going over the last SVN updates I don't see anything that would be critical. I also started a quick game with large map no. 1 and it did run a few turns without issue so I'd say everything is fine.

3. Kohnoshish

Kohnoshish Chieftain

Derp! Sorry about that... that's what I get for posting right before bed.
    When I tried using the Large #1 map and raxo's modmod that was recommended for that setting (v40.1 Rescaled Latitude Limits for Large Solar System map) I got an endless stream of XML errors upon trying to start C2C up. Maybe I just need to try again and it was an error on my part.

4. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

I hadn't tried Raxo's modmod with the map but I did so now and I don't get the errors, so it must be something on your side. Did you delete the Caveman2Cosmos folder before copying the new SVN version in? Do you run as administrator? Right folder structure ( Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos )?

5. tmv

tmv Emperor

V40.1 is not compatible any more. If you use the current SVN version, you need the other download from raxo's modmod.

Yudishtira likes this.
  6. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I clearly wrote that SVN version is fundamentally not compatible with V40.1 version....
    @Kohnoshish Here's coffee. :coffee:

7. Kohnoshish

Kohnoshish Chieftain

Uuuuugh derp. Thanks you guys, I appreciate it, even though it was incredibly silly of me...

*takes coffee gratefully*

...Y'know what I think I did wrong? I was going to play the "large" map and so I saw the "large" re-scaling, and I saw "Rescaled version is compatible with Snofrus Large space maps". But the only file I saw with both "large" and "rescaled" in its name was the 40.1 one, and I conveniently forgot to see that there was a SVN vs. 40.1 one. So I'll try the standard sized SVN version with a standard map.

Does there happen to be a "large" SVN version of the latitude rescaling? @raxo2222 Or does the "standard" work with both large and standard?

8. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Both Standard and Large are compatible with my latitude rescaling modmod.

9. Kohnoshish

Kohnoshish Chieftain

Awesome! Thanks! I really appreciate it : D