Snoopy's Terrain Graphics v4.5 for Civ3 Conquests (C3C)

does the volcanic lava look like real lava with snoopy's mod, or does it use the same scrappy graphic as pollution?

Originally posted by embryodead
@Thunderfall
There is a problem. The greener version is nothing like the 4.1G. The green is totally different, it no longer has that fantasy look, which was the reason for me to use it. Do we have a chance to get the old colors? Or at least the settings you used at that time?
Snoopy actually made the 4.1g version (included on the PTW CD).

As for the current green version, I intentionally made it less green than the previous green version, because some people said the earlier greener version is a little too green/too bright.

So, did sn00py use the old resources.pcx to make his new one? If you look closely, you'll find that almost all of the resources have been altered in one way or another. Rather than requesting that it gets changed, I'll provide an alternative here so that people can decide which to use (BTW, it's only 14.6 KB. It's not the regular resource file, as I've added all but two of the resources from the conquests, so think of it as an added bonus. If someone would prefer to have those spaces blank, please post so, and I'll gladly post a version without those extras). Just unzip it into the scenario/Sn00py's TerrainGW (C3C)/Art folder.

Attachments

• fix for sn00py.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 510
Love your stuff, snoopy, but the swamps don't look very swampy... Is there any way to make them maybe grey/bubbly instead of making them look like dark green moss?

I've patched the white dot problem with the snoopy greenwater 4.5 version, maybe I make it to for snoopy gw4.5greener too

extract the patch to "Scenarios\Sn00pys TerrainGW (C3C)\Art\Terrain" (resp. the folder from your old XTGC.pcx)

snoopy greenwater v4.5 - white dot patch

Great Work snoopy! One suggestion - put the new terrain changes (i.e., marshes, volcanos etc.) as a seperate download for those of us who still use the older versions (and have modems. :p). TF - you should put all of the versions in the first post. I kind of liked the really green terrains (4.1?).

I loaded the new terain into the senario folder...
if I start a new game thru Civ-content it works..
but my saved game from yesterday still has the old stuff..
should I just cut & paste into the Civ3/conquest/art folder??

thankz

Originally posted by Ds6161
I loaded the new terain into the senario folder...
if I start a new game thru Civ-content it works..
but my saved game from yesterday still has the old stuff..
should I just cut & paste into the Civ3/conquest/art folder??

thankz

yes, this is one way, but backup your existing files, if you want to rebuild the original graphics later (but I think no-one would replace snoopy's graphic with the original one :D )

Originally posted by Thunderfall

As for the current green version, I intentionally made it less green than the previous green version, because some people said the earlier greener version is a little too green/too bright.

What's the point of having a greener version if it isn't alot greener?

Folks who are happy with it are not going to complain. For the few who considered it 'too' green, they could have choosen another color intensity on thier monitor.

I vote a greener greens.

Hmm, I don't like those new trees on the grassland :(

I will have to do some chop and change to be fully contented ;)

The other version of the trees is already in the mod. :) All you need to do is change it's name and remove the default one. ;)

Top Bottom