Snoopy's Terrain Graphics v4.5 for Civ3 Conquests (C3C)

I was playing today when I noticed more "snow" on the terrain. I have fixed *all* of it for the two versions which did have it (4.5 Green Water & 4.5 Green Water Greener).

The terrain looks much better without all the white spots (obviously) especially near the tundra.
Just replace the original xtgc with this one if you are using one of the versions I mentioned above.

"Snow" Fix

Yeah, I was using CCJ39's version when I found just a few more random spots and since I have the right program now, I decided to fix it further and for the other version too. :)

Thanks. :)

This is actually the very first time I did something to the terrain like this even though it is a small step.

Superb graphics. I just wish the 'a lot greener' greener was still available like in the PTW Snoopy green graphics. I really like the green water - reminds me of Hawaii - and it would really be jolly green if the a lot greener green was fixed up with the green water. I guess I just like green. Maybe I eat too many vegetables or something. I'm just a mean green human bean.

By the way, I used the 'turnip green' background, in case anyone had any doubts.

Originally posted by unscratchedfoot
Superb graphics. I just wish the 'a lot greener' greener was still available like in the PTW Snoopy green graphics. I really like the green water - reminds me of Hawaii - and it would really be jolly green if the a lot greener green was fixed up with the green water. I guess I just like green. Maybe I eat too many vegetables or something. I'm just a mean green human bean.

By the way, I used the 'turnip green' background, in case anyone had any doubts.

lol, I like green too, so use also the "turnip green"
maybe you like my green homepage too (www.ccj39.com) :D
(or the blue one -> www.world-of-civ.com ? :D )

if I don't know how to do during the christmas days, I'll make a greener green version ;)

CCJ39 - I already made that greener green version (it's in my warhammer mod 1.1 update). I will release it separately since it seems I'm not the only one who likes green :) I just have to convert marshes since I use SM swamps in WH.

Originally posted by embryodead
CCJ39 - I already made that greener green version (it's in my warhammer mod 1.1 update). I will release it separately since it seems I'm not the only one who likes green :) I just have to convert marshes since I use SM swamps in WH.

YOu having that greener green version and me not makes me green with envy. I'd be jolly green if you'd release it for us less greener folks when you have a chance. Thanks dude. :D What does SM swamps mean? S&M? Dude, what kinduv swamp is that? :confused:

CCJ39 - Hurray for another turnip green patriot!! :goodjob:

SM = Smoking Mirror, but who knows, maybe he's into S&M too ;)
He made a swamp terrain (as opposed to "watery" marshes). As I have mentioned, you can already get that greener green version by downloading warhammer mod 1.1 (the update) :p
But sure, I'll post the files separately too, maybe this night.

Here it is:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/SnoopyGG45.zip

This is unofficial update (you need the original Sn00py's TerrainG 4.1). In the zip you will find greeny volcanos, marshes and new forests. Additionaly, you get white tundra (G version had yellow tundra), and snow-covered hills landmark[1] (a bonus). Only copy/overwrite the files you need.

[1]- remember that in order to use LMHills, you also need full set of green landmarks (LMMountains.pcx and all LX*.pcx - just make copies of your Mountains.pcx and X*.pcx - if you use landmarks you hopefully know what I mean).

embryodead, I messed around with the files for awhile and found that the file in your update called "XTGC" is mostly withered yellow grass terrain with the occasional patch of fresh green grass making the map look like a quilt. So I just put all your update files except XTGC in my PTW snoopy very green terrain folder and I get a real nice map except there is the bright blue water instead of the Hawaiin green water. So I feel :D +:( but overal its a big improvement, especially those funky forests, so thanks for your update. :) Also, if you do fix the XTGC file please upload it as well so I can be jolly green.

Thanks for your time.

Well, you're right, it's update for the translucent water, as it is the one I use. But I guess I can try the new water too in a couple of days.

XTGC - It works fine here (it doesn't change anything except making tundra less yellow). Can you post a screenshot? Here is how it should look like:

Attachments

• untitled-1.jpg
    untitled-1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,449
embryo, that screenie looks just like my game too so its fine. Weirdly, I never put in the XTGC file because it makes my grass go back to sickly yellow with the occasional green grass coastal square., but maybe I made a mistake with a file and got an old and new one mismatched. It's all okay now. Love those graphics.

If you change your water to Hawaiian green please post an update cause I really like that water color. The bright blue is nice but the green water is supreme.

Is there any way to get just parts of this or does it have to be downloaded totally?

And, is it so that you can just dl this version for C3C and then also install it into the vanilla civ directory; would it work?

Hey, please could someone answer my question up there?

And, What excactly do I need to do if I wanna play all the time with this modpack, not only in scenario?

Top Bottom