Snoopy's Terrain Graphics v4.5 for Civ3 Conquests (C3C)

Originally posted by CCJ39
Civ3 tests first the C3C-folder for the files, if the needed file isn't there it will look to the PTW-folder, if the file isn't there too, it will look to Civ3-folder, if file isn't there too, it will closed with an error-msg about missed file

Thanks, that is good to know :)

I made a backup of the entire civ3\conquests\art folder and copied the 4.5 Art folder over the original. I was asked about replacing the Terrain and Cities folders only. Telling it 'yes' allows it to overwrite all files inside those folders. It worked fine.

My only complaint is that it is not as green as the previous 'greener' version and i am not sure i can get use to it.

I have been playing C3C with the previous version of snoopys properly installed in under PTW with CCJ39's irrigation graphics. There is an occasional graphics oddity but it works well.

I put it back the way it was but may start a fresh game with the full 4.5 version to see if i can get use to it that way.

Originally posted by jzsf
Thunderfall!
Can you convert it for [ptw]? or can I use this for it?

The graphics will work for ptw - you will just have a few extras PTW will ignore. You will have to do the dirty work as far as set up goes, though, cuz the BIQ file is NOT PTW-compatible.

I used Snoopy's terrain graphics in civ3 and ptw, now with big pleasure get v4.5 for conquests. Good job!

I downloaded the C3C greener version, and I found it's no different from the standard version.

Then I downloaded the original civ3 greener version, and copied all its file to the C3C greener version, and indeed it now looks right.

original C3C greener:

C3C greener + CIV3 greener:

What gives?

Since a couple folks complained that the original greener was too green, the C3C version was made less green. So instead of a greener greener, we have a browner greener.

Why anyone would complain that a version called 'greener' was too green does not strike me as strange as why it actually got changed.

I couldn't get use to the change until i strarted a fresh game w/ the newer version. Making an midgame switch is too difficult to adjust to.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

I find the new c3c greener version looks almost the same as standard thus makes little sense. So is it possible to have an "even greener" c3c? Or one is called browner, the other greener. In the mean time, I'd use the combination of the two. ;)

Originally posted by jzsf
Thunderfall!
Can you convert it for [ptw]? or can I use this for it?
Every your second post is "could you convert it to works with PTW".Well why you just simple don't buy Conquests????:confused:

I Extracted the files into the directory and loaded it threw the civ-content i still have the original terrain. what went wrong?

And waht is CIV3 Vanilla?

I suggest both. They're for only the respective games, so the original civ 3 art folder won't affect C3C and vice versa.

Top Bottom