Snoopy's Terrain Graphics v4.5 for Civ3 Conquests (C3C)

Originally posted by Thunderfall
Snoopy would need to do that. :) I can only change the color balance. I agree with you that it would be nicer to make some of the volcanos more distinct though.

Ahh, ok. I hope he has a chance to do so at some point! I presume he still reads these forums? Or would it help if I contacted him in some other way?

Originally posted by Thunderfall
civ3.de 's ColdFever compiled that version. :)

Is he still active? Has he made any updates or done other work since PTW?

Thanks for the responses Thunderfall!

Hi - great terrain.... i hated the old civ3 terrain... but may i ask how come when i use the 4.5 terrain the city view is gone?

EVIL i extract the files EXACTLY to the folder mentioned on page 1 but i still cant use it!

Originally posted by Captainkeyes23
EVIL i extract the files EXACTLY to the folder mentioned on page 1 but i still cant use it!

Extract to a temp folder and note what is there... then go look at the civ folders for a comparison. It should make more sense then.

i've gone on long enough without it! i cant get it to work! :mad: help.

AHAHHHH it wont work! main this bites...

hm, if you've installed conquests and put the terrain-files to the art\terrain folder of conquests (you have to say "overwrite" -> "yes"), you'll see the new terrain in every standard-game (if runnign conquests, not in main civ3)
if you're running a mod/scenario with own terrain-graphics, you have to overwrite this terrain too, to get snoopy's for the mod/scenario

so i put all the files in the art\terrain folder?

wow, this just won't work! I'm about to give up~!

Not all the files are originally located located in the conquests\art\terrain folder.... some are also in PTW\art\terrain and civ3\art\terrain.

I'm not sure, but i think you need to figure out which file goes in which folder.

Civ3 tests first the C3C-folder for the files, if the needed file isn't there it will look to the PTW-folder, if the file isn't there too, it will look to Civ3-folder, if file isn't there too, it will closed with an error-msg about missed file

nice, but i still cant get Snoopys to work either...

you should check out the tutorial forum. No one else is having your problem, and I can't think of anything to add that hasn't already been said. Good luck - keep trying its worth it. Ignore what watorrey said all files do go in the \art\terrain folder.

I have like 18 terrain variations I play with, and none of them go anywhere else. If you have a scenario, they need to go in that scenarios folder + \art\terrain.

when I play on "Sn00pys TerrainGW Greener (C3C).biq" the terrain is just as usual! can somebody help me?

Top Bottom