So, PieDiePie said the n-word.

But you're wrong of course, I do not go around getting "outraged" by "SJW-type articles", where did "SJWs" and "outrage" even enter the conversation? Or right, you were the one bringing them in, weren't you?

In reality, there's nothing "SJW" about these articles, they're making a valid argument. An argument that I disagree with, and they're taking things out of proportion, but that's what media does. Sooo... yeah. Ironically, you're seeing "Anti-SJWs" where there are none, which indeed makes you an anti-anti-SJW I guess. oO

Sure, sure. Whatever you say.

Two years have passed mate. Two years. Let it go now. Shhh it's okay.

You think you're the only one who does that sort of thing? Unfortunately, no. There are examples in RL as well.

You think you're the only one who does that sort of thing? Unfortunately, no. There are examples in RL as well.

Well of course there are. It would be really weird if I were the only one. But all that's by the by really. The most interesting part was your identification of this as a "gang badge". If you meant that in any sort of literal sense then I'd suggest you need to take a step back and reassess how accurate your worldview is, and how paranoid you might be.

Here's what I think.

The n-word is toxically ingrained into Western languages as an expletive, and it's easy to accidentally use it even if you want things to change. I often also absent-mindedly call things "gay", to realize just after that I was being offensive. (Am I offensive when I do dudes myself? Dunno. Point is, word shouldn't be used like that.) Everyone still has racism in their bones. The point is to realize it and repent, to educate yourself further, and to prevent it from happening in the future. People sometimes accidentally say the n-word - if they say sorry afterwards, give them the benefit of the doubt. Language takes time and effort to change and is stronger than each and every individual.

Now, that said, I haven't followed the aftermath of Pewdiepie's mess-up. I just don't agree with the OP. ... Or, well, the conclusion that Pewdiepie is racist, that may be true, I don't follow him enough. But there's some leeway in allowing people to publically declare that they repent, that they did wrong, that things need to change. People are of course responsible of their own racism, and racism should never be tolerated, but everyone is surpressed by a racist structure. This takes time to fix, let's allow it to be fixed, by allowing people realize they're racist.

PewDiePie made a video about the DMCA-claim by the firewatch guy:

Summary: TBR Christmas 2020

To be released!

ΠδΠ will examine in depth the hypocrisy of the copyright claim?
I somehow doubt he will do so himself. He is sort of not fit for that.

Yes, the copyright bullying is hypocritical, but no one really cares about it as long as it doesn't show potential to be used against less dumb youtubers.

Alright. I don't get the joke. D:

If anything, the DMCA strike is incredibly unfortunate. Not to underplay the unfortunate n-word to begin with, but DMCA should not be a solution to things not associated with copyright. Now, many lawyers are coming out of the shadows, claiming that while a lot of YouTube is unjustly hit with DMCA's, Let's Plays shouldn't be protected. Other say that Let's Plays should be legal. But regardless of this, there's something about implicit consent or whatever the term was; when Firewatch states in their FAQ that Let's Plays is OK, a DMCA strike should not be legal in this case. Pewdiepie outlines it in the video. Racism is bad, but certain laws are for certain things. Otherwise the system doesn't work. And copyright is already an incredibly abusive legal battleground.

ΠδΠ will examine in depth the hypocrisy of the copyright claim?
I somehow doubt he will do so himself. He is sort of not fit for that.

Yes, the copyright bullying is hypocritical, but no one really cares about it as long as it doesn't show potential to be used against less dumb youtubers.
That's exactly the danger: they'll start with low-hanging fruit like PDP and move on to people who commit lesser sins. Instead of universal offensive language, devs might just DMCA someone who says something that's only offensive to their business interests. The DMCA system on YT already has problems with people claiming content that doesn't actually belong to them, and indvidual users have already tried to censor others who criticize them on the site by filing false DMCAs, so this could open a floodgate of fraudulent DMCAs.

I don't really know who PDP is so please forgive me for asking what the evidence is that he is a white supremacist? Is it simply that out of thousands of hours of video he once let an inappropriate word slip out of his mouth? I hope there is more because if not then that is just weak sauce.

No, I do not like Nazis, white nationalists, the KKK or any of those other tards but I do recognize that it has become standard practice by the left, at least in the US, to falsely claim anyone and everyone they disagree with is some how a Nazi. So before I accept these extraordinary claims to be true I would like to see a significant body of evidence.

Last edited:
He has a rather juvenile sense of humor, which involves frequent profanity and edgy jokes. I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is an out-and-out bownshirt.

He has a rather juvenile sense of humor, which involves frequent profanity and edgy jokes. I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is an out-and-out bownshirt.

Joking aside though, he obviously is not a Nazi. Just a guy who probably enjoys being edgy but has to be more "mature" than he'd like to be because of the position he is in.

I don't really know who PDP is so please forgive me for asking what the evidence is that he is a white supremacist? Is it simply that out of thousands of hours of video he once let an inappropriate word slip out of his mouth? I hope there is more because if not then that is just weak sauce.

You're echoing a post I made early in this thread. I soon had to backtrack when I discovered his long history of anti-Jewish statements.

You're echoing a post I made early in this thread. I soon had to backtrack when I discovered his long history of anti-Jewish statements.
I am very interested in this list, please share it with the rest of us.

I am very interested in this list, please share it with the rest of us.

I agree with this request. Most of the evidence I've seen towards these claims are clips from skits where only a handful of seconds are cut out and completely and entirely divorced from any form of context. I'm certain I could make anyone on CFC sound like a mouth-frothing pro-genocide anarchist through selective quoting.

Good rule of thumb is that if an outlet has to make its point by providing very carefully selected quotes or clips instead of the entire thing, you're being misled in some shape or form. Always go for the full material. This extends to more than just stuff like this... The media in general is known for doing this (see: the latest hullaboo about Jennifer Lawrence and global warming).

I agree with this request. Most of the evidence I've seen towards these claims are clips from skits where only a handful of seconds are cut out and completely and entirely divorced from any form of context. I'm certain I could make anyone on CFC sound like a mouth-frothing pro-genocide anarchist through selective quoting.

Good rule of thumb is that if an outlet has to make its point by providing very carefully selected quotes or clips instead of the entire thing, you're being misled in some shape or form. Always go for the full material. This extends to more than just stuff like this... The media in general is known for doing this (see: the latest hullaboo about Jennifer Lawrence and global warming).
Yep. Like the pic Valessa posted. The uniform he's wearing is actually based on this character from a BBC show.

Top Bottom