So ... will the auto annex bug be fixed with BNW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can attest to still being afflicted by this bug. Pretty annoying, but at least it doesn't break my games as long as I hit F6 a few times after capping a city. Other popups tend to accumulate though.

Verifying the game cache doesn't actually fix it for me either, which is a little surprising because I would have assumed it includes checksums for game files. I heard it was bug with an improper close trigger(s) in the lua for the tech tree screen.

Well, simply forget this thread. Loveable responses.

Looks like I'm just making up. The thread I posted twice doesn't exist, people in this forum in july aren't posting about the same thing and pwoz didn't just say that he had the same problem.

If you aren't affected by the problem it simply does not exist, right?

You aren't getting the expansion anyway, are the only one complaining about this bug that was already fixed in this thread and are now just harassing other posters.

I feel the mods should just close this thread, its not productive.

Apparently it was just recently solved for pwoz with the most recent patch (in the last 2 weeks) so it might be solved for you with a reinstall.

Just to clarify, it was solved for me with the November hot fix. I am just speculating on a reinstall.

You aren't getting the expansion anyway, are the only one complaining about this bug that was already fixed in this thread and are now just harassing other posters.

I feel the mods should just close this thread, its not productive.

Yes this was an annoying bug but it is fixed. Question solved. Maybe not my call but I think mods should close this as it serves no purpose now.

Uhm, yeah.

I can attest to still being afflicted by this bug. Pretty annoying, but at least it doesn't break my games as long as I hit F6 a few times after capping a city. Other popups tend to accumulate though.

But ofcourse I'm the only one with it, hum? I surrender, you win sir!

edit: I'm going to repeat myself one more time. I've reinstalled the game on by then a new windows sometine in march. It didn't change anything. I tried to contact the 2k support after that and got a semi automatic answer.

This bug happened to me once. I researched it quickly, understood what caused it and changed my behaviour accordingly. This took me almost half a day of gameplay to adopt, because habits are, well, habit forming. It seems odd to me that you are operating at a human level in terms of language but at a sub-simian level in terms of adaptability. Very strange. I think you might be bugged.

This bug happened to me once. I researched it quickly, understood what caused it and changed my behaviour accordingly. This took me almost half a day of gameplay to adopt, because habits are, well, habit forming. It seems odd to me that you are operating at a human level in terms of language but at a sub-simian level in terms of adaptability. Very strange. I think you might be bugged.

I am terrible sorry for wanting to play my strategic game with my keyboard. The way it once worked. Do you want to throw some more names at me?

Yes, this thread is incredible productive with posts lile this.

Uhm, yeah.

But ofcourse I'm the only one with it, hum? I surrender, you win sir!

edit: I'm going to repeat myself one more time. I've reinstalled the game on by then a new windows sometine in march. It didn't change anything. I tried to contact the 2k support after that and got a semi automatic answer.

At this point, I'm hoping that you're the only one who has this problem and that you will always have this problem, forever.

I am terrible sorry for wanting to play my strategic game with my keyboard. The way it once worked. Do you want to throw some more names at me?

Yes, this thread is incredible productive with posts lile this.
Dude, everyone with common sense reading this thread knows you have a perfectly valid point. It's a stupid bug, it shouldn't happen and it's somewhat sad that they haven't fixed it yet. All of that said, taking the tone you have taken on the internet has only one result.

You must know better than to post in this manner, seriously.

Dude, everyone with common sense reading this thread knows you have a perfectly valid point. It's a stupid bug, it shouldn't happen and it's somewhat sad that they haven't fixed it yet. All of that said, taking the tone you have taken on the internet has only one result.

You must know better than to post in this manner, seriously.

Read the first 10 answers and ask yourself why I answer like this.

At this point, I'm hoping that you're the only one who has this problem and that you will always have this problem, forever.

Well that's not very nice.
Sure, he's exeggerating a bit and kind of acting like an ass, but no need to wish these kinds of things on him.

Realyn, you haven't reinstalled the game yet after the newest patch, so it seems like there's still a potential fix for you out there. It would be best if you try that before complaining about an issue that could very well be fixed now. It's not like reainstalling is a huge hassle on steam either, so try that and report back. Maybe that won't change your mind on Civ V and/or BNW, but frankly that's not our problem.

Me and a friend having the auto annex problem.Fresh install from steam and all patch. gods and king expansion. We play 10 turns each then send savegame to each other by mail

To answer your question.

I don't know if the bug will be fixed for you in BNW. I don't even think the devs know if it will be fixed for you. (Since they were wrong before about whether they fixed it for you.)

It was apparently fixed for most others, so the devs may not have devoted any resources for fixing the rare cases.

Sorry, I hope they do fix it. I would be angry too. Bugs stink. However, you could try it with the newest patch (they may have found your bug). Otherwise, I'm sorry you won't be able to enjoy the game.

Well that's not very nice.
Sure, he's exeggerating a bit and kind of acting like an ass, but no need to wish these kinds of things on him.

Realyn, you haven't reinstalled the game yet after the newest patch, so it seems like there's still a potential fix for you out there. It would be best if you try that before complaining about an issue that could very well be fixed now. It's not like reainstalling is a huge hassle on steam either, so try that and report back. Maybe that won't change your mind on Civ V and/or BNW, but frankly that's not our problem.

I've only created this thread because just yesterday someone in the original bug thread posted that the bug is still around. But thanks anyway.

And once again, I only acted like an ass to people who thought it would be silly to "hold" a button all the time and that I should adapt to it. No, I won't. And I believe that is my right after buying the game.

I've only created this thread because just yesterday someone in the original bug thread posted that the bug is still around. But thanks anyway.

From what I can tell it was fixed for some people back in december, so you could still try anyways. Who knows what crazy stuff is going on in the code.

Read the first 10 answers and ask yourself why I answer like this.

Unfortunately I understand only too well the frustration that this thread was born from. And that kind of frustration, which builds up as you do something the long way 1,000 times, can easily infect the tone and character of a post. It's utterly understandable, in fact. Unfortunately so is the response.

I suspect you know you could have constructed the flow of conversation in this thread better, widespread ignorance notwithstanding.

Well apparently the 0.01 seconds that it takes to click with his mouse and avoid just one specific hotkey bothers him sooo much :lol:. If the patches didn't fix it for you, make sure to check the code and have all of the appropriate keys equal their appropriate numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom