Soda I - Jumping to Monarch

sorry I was only home for about 45 min on my lunch break...I'll play tomorrow at lunch if rrau doesn't play prior to then.

1: move in towards yakutz and cologne

2: continue moving in on cities...war weariness is +6 unhappy...we need to finish off russia and hopefully that will drop.

3: catherine offers optics for peace...i decline. Germany's cavalry are pretty tough on us, but better to be fighting on their territory than ours where we would get pillaged like crazy. Pillaging roads and things in germany...hopefully slow down those calvary.

4: wow ok Germany just brought in a whole lot more Cavalry...going to retreat and consolidate. Killed off Catherine with minimal losses..troops heading for German front.

5: still moving people about..retreating out of germany and pillaging near our borders. War weariness drops from +8 to +4 phew!

6: learn education...and it seems everyone already has it:mad:

7: German Cavalry are bringing the pain:(

8: Kill 3 cavalry after they got weakened attacking essen...trying to build pikeman

9: its too much..germany's cavalry is killing off all our forces, I make peace and give him printing press for it (he wanted essen lol)

10: zzz

I'm back, but with a broken modem.....Only downloading 3.8 kilobytes per second. Taking forever to load a page in here. I should have my new modem arriving on Monday. I need a skip until then. Thanks and good luck.

retro V said:
Can we get any international military aid against Germany?

AdamW81 - just played
rrau - your turn if you're back
VeryApe - can't remember if you're still here, if so, standby
retro V
aquar
I'm here, just busy in school so I don't reply so often :sad:

retro V said:
Can we get any international military aid against Germany?

AdamW81 - just played
rrau - your turn if you're back
VeryApe - can't remember if you're still here, if so, standby
retro V
aquar

Hatty was still at war with Germany when my turns were up. Maybe we can regroup and try again in 10 turns? We really need a better unit before another attempt though.

A look at the save shows that Mansa Musa and Bismarck are at war with Hatty. Now if the Greek would just goto war with someone.

I have my new modem. :D Too late to play tonight, and too busy tomorrow. I'll be able to play on Wednesday.

I was sick last night. I'll get it out tonight after work - probably about 6 -8 hours from this post.

1571 (0) Maximize research

1583 (4) Learn liberalism (1st) - take nationalism as free tech
Trade mansa lib +380 for econ
trade hatty nat + lib for gunpowder, world map, 140g
trade lib to Jismark for 1020g
trade lib to caesar for 630g

Revolt to: Heredity rule, nationhood (can draft from city with Heroic epic every turn without worrying aboat happiness), caste system, free market and free religion

1598 (9) Hatty demands econ - no

1604 (10) Hatty wants us to war against Mansa - no (she made peace that inbetween turn:rolleyes: )

1616 (15) Learn Military tradition. Start chemisty for the grenadiers. Upgrade knights.

Notes: WE HAVE TOO MANY DEFENSIVE UNITS. I'd recommend further defensive units are only the draftees from the city with HE (forgot the name, but it's our forbidden palace city - it's set to maximize food to sustain growth as best as possible) The only units we should build now are cavs and cats. Cat's should get a collateral damage promotion as most will be thrown away in assaulting a city and we want as much damage from them as we can get. When we learn chemistry, Grenadiers are a good offensive unit, too. ( I am assuming we're going for a military victory). We need to get rid of spears IMO. Not doing much except eating our gold. (didn't do it yet without team input)

Jismark :lol:

I'm loathe to disband units when they can be used to soften up defenders before risking stronger attackers. Also, any cities we take need men inside them so they don't get retaken.

Obviously, we probably won't keep every city we capture. We should raze a few to speed things along. I'm not used to the endgame since I lose interest once the challenge is over, so I don't fully understand conquest victories. But it would be nice if we could wrap this game up in the next few rounds.

I love your draft idea with the heroic epic. Never done that but I think it also costs money. Don't remember.

I've never disbanded units before but have never played on Monarch level either. If we are going to disband them, then in a "planned attack," where the enemy won't get free xps, they would be nice as cannon fodder instead of being disbanded. But if they are only going to be free xps to the enemy....

RetroV, I didn't know a game could be wrapped so quickly.

Am loving my first SG. Can't wait to see what happens.

Top Bottom