Soda I - Jumping to Monarch

I'm on turn nine and just took Munich. The problem is we are being raided by German Calvary. Three of them at this time and there are knights to the North around Essen. And of course, suicide catapults attacking our attacking armies.

My question is should I raze Munich. I have like four units to defend Munich. I don't think we can hold it. I'd give you a screenshot but my game is on the Burn baby Burn option and I'm holding. Munich IS within our cultural borders thanks to our city due west

I think he's referring to their catapults, no?

Whatever, just try and make the best of a bad situation, aquar. Take down as many as you can with you. Don't by any means let them have Munich back. It's a holy city, so as well as being highly productive, it makes a lot of money for Germany. To that end alone, destroying it could be worth a small portion of our military.

I was referring to the Germans suiciding their catapults against us. They sure hurt an attacking force. I am going to Raze and Burn and Nuke Munich, that's my gut call all along but wanted to make sure. Full write-up to follow.

1. 1508 AD---The galley cannot upgrade. I sent the galley to defend our fishing resources. I begin catapulting Yaroslavl'. Start preparing forces for a German invasion; I put them on our borders.

2. 1514 AD---same old.

3. 1520 AD---GM decides to take 2550 gold in Timbuktu. Anarchy is over! Mansa Musa declares war on Hatshepsut. Bismarck and Mansa are friendly towards each other. This doesn't help us.

4. 1523 AD--- Build more pikemen to help defend our cities from German calvary. Germans have gunpowder.

5. 1526 AD---I'm holding off on the attack against Yaroslavl'. There is another Russian city. I start chopping for catapults. The combat odds against the Russians is absolutely horrible. The Russian galley has anchored next to the mini-island. Therefore our two other fishing resources are safe for now.

6. 1529 AD---Hatty asks me to go to war against Germany. She's our only friend and our troops are in position so I say yes. Research to 50% so we can maintain some of our gold to upgrade units as needed. Our units move in on Germany.

IBT---Heavy German onslaught against our troops next to Cologne. Germany is well prepared it seems and didn't send enough troops against Hatty.

7. 1532 AD---I retreat from Cologne; it is futile to attack in any way. Carib is in trouble so I upgrade an archer to a longbowman. I also send an elephant from Arbela to our horse pasture to the east. The attack on Munich continues.
Let's see what happens. There are four German knights in our territory.

3 catapults encircled in blue and 3 knights encircled in red.

That's our damaged surviving troops in red and a single knight encircled in blue.

IBT---Three German catapults suicide one of our stacks on Munich. Essen attacked by three knights. One knight is killed but we lose two pikemen. Catherine finally attacks from Yakutsk unsuccessfully.

8. 1835 AD---I counter-attack Catherine's maceman. We win but our knight is badly wounded. Munich is bombarded from +125 down to zero city-defense.

IBT---Germany has three calvary coming in. :eek: Mansa Musa wants us to break all deals with Hatty. Don't think so.

9. 1538 AD---Our best chance is to take Munich and probably raze it. We are definately out-matched.

Three calvary in red and a knight in blue.

ATTACK!
Two catapults survive the onslaught. Munich has fallen. I merclessly burn it to the ground and pocket 158 gold.

IBT---German calvary attacks Essen. We lose one pikeman. The other two German units did not attack.

10. 1541 AD---Begin attack on Yaroslavl' and easily take it with two catapults assisting. Yaroslavl' is burned to the ground. Yakutsk might be worth keeping; up to the next player.

The Germans are incoming still with another wave of musketmen and catapults. Yakutsk might be Catherine's last city. There should be three catapults on Yakutsk within two turns I believe.

You've got your hands full this round, rrau. Do Well!
rrau is up.
AdamW81 is on deck.

Glad you are watching, Swedishguy. Retro V, do we have room for another or are we going to continue on as is?

rrau, will not be back to her computer until October 2nd. She said to skip if not back by then. That was her last post on page 13.

I guess AdamW81 is up.

Sorry I forgot rrau was out of town and haven't checked up recently. Should I still go or now that rrua is back he can go??

I might be able to get to it late tonight but likely tomorrow night. If rrua can play today or tomorrow go for it!

rrau should be back and able to play now. I say someone just say, "Got it," and play on. :)

Swedishguy, I was only referring to having spectators to our game. It's a whole lot better than having no one watching like junior varsity basket-weaving.

Top Bottom