1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SoGK's New Civ

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by SonOfGreatKoya, Feb 21, 2016.

1. kul

kul Prince

How's this for Wali?
    Spoiler :

2. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

Bajindul, that's awesome!
    You will be my Jan (with your consent of course)

3. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

On your wishlist/planned list, where it says "Junditmarra", do you mean "Gunditjmara"?

Because if so I could really be up for that ;) ;) ;)

4. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

Reed has a really good Gunditjmara design I was planning on running with when the time came.

5. senshidenshi

It's certainly one of his more interesting designs. Seems to lack a bit of focus though (is it a conquest, culture or growth civ?)

6. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

Yep. It's Gundjimarra
    (stupid alt-his, messing with my perception on OTL)

Ahem
    I planned it to have something to do with eel farming aroud river. Beyond that, not so much

7. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

Eh, I'm not 100% sold on designs having to be focused on a specific strategy more than being representative of the civ in question.

8. senshidenshi

I disagree completely. If there are two designs for a civ, one of which is somewhat accurate and interesting, and the other of which is fairly bland and uber-representative, I will almost always take the interesting design.

I would be interested in a Gunditjmara collab, though, SoGK ;)

9. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

My take on Gunditjmarra
    Spoiler :
    Gunditjmarra
    ?

UA - Farmer of the Dead Continent
    Gain 25% Food in all cities before meeting any civilization. Can trade food without Granary and the sending city get 50% food sent. Can trade food into city states or other civ

UI - Waterways
    Must be build near river or lakes. 50% chance to spawn marsh, and doesn't remove marsh if build on it. +1 Food for every river line, lake tile, or other Waterways bordering it (capped at +3)

(second unique) - ?
    ---
    Solid tall civ, with river-grabbing at the dawn of civiization for supercities (and pray you are alone in your land) ​

Thought?

10. senshidenshi

Yo, so the Gunditjmara weren't really "farmers of a dead continent", this is what their territory looked like:

Also the Gunditjmara weren't really alone :p
    They were right next to the Kulin, for one.

Maybe the "Eel Farm" would be better UI than the "Waterways"? Also the Gunditjmara were somewhat known for fighting capabilities.

11. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

The food gain from not meeting civilizations will last... 1 turn at best?

I don't think it's a good idea, also, what's the point of sending food to other civs?

12. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

Well, that's overdramatization. As the (AFAIK) only sedentary group in the whole continent (no, Kulins are hunter-gatherer), and said continent have desert cover < 40% of the area, that name is the one I can think in 10 PM. Sorry :(
    Waterways sound better IMO. Every civs already have farm. And about fighting capabilities, can you direct me to the article? Every article I found usually talks about land right and eel farm, with one passingly mention trade network

Hmm... how about "until you border any civ". If you're going tall (and play on large map), it should lasts longer

Probably if with foreign city, sending city have 100% food sent?

13. senshidenshi

It's fine. Although you should never try to rush designs ;)

And lots of civs already have waterways. Especially because 'waterways' as a term is so vague. Eel Farming, on the other hand, is attributed specifically to the Gunditjmara.

They're commonly referred to as 'the fighting Gunditjmara'. That's generally a good sign :p The most notable Gunditjmara battles are probably the Eumeralla Wars.

14. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

B..But it's fun!Thanks. Atrough, do you have any criticism on the design so far?

Well, I mean in Civilization. It doesn't sound right in my ears, to name it [something][something already in Civ]. Still, it's the best name for now IMO

I can't think how to incorporate Eumeralla War into this for now, TBH

15. senshidenshi

Not a huge fan of it, but I'd need to do a lot more research before I had anything corporeal.

Counter points: Terrace Farm, Royal Library, Ducal Stable, Berber Cavalry, Kris Swordsman, Maori Warrior, Brazilwood Camp, Winged Hussar.

Neither can I, but if you're looking for a leader, Jupiter could work. Seems to be the main force on the Gunditjmara side, along with Cocknose.

16. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

Probably in (hypotecal) far future, I have spare time to create this mod, Jupiter will be a leader, because Master Jupiter of Gunditjmarra sounds better than Master Cocknose of Gunditjmarra

17. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Maybe I'm missing something about the Waterways. :confused: If I have a riverside Grassland, I can build a Farm on it to get +1 Food and another +1 Food at Civil Service or I can build a Waterway on it to get +1 Food and have a 50% chance that the Grassland becomes crappy Marsh with no way of removing it. Unless they get some kind of bonus to Marsh, then I see no reason to build the UI over a regular Farm.

18. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

If your Waterways bordered 2 river line, you get +2 Food. If said waterways connect to yet other, another +1 Food.
    That said, the design is far from fixed. Probably cap it at +5, or remove the cap. Or reduced marsh probability (20% maybe?).

19. Uighur_Caesar

Uighur_Caesar Comandante en Jefe

Hey man. Just wanted to congratulate you and your partners on the release of Demak. Quite a complex civ for your first one and it's got some pretty nice art :)

You'll also want to make a post about it here and ask a mod to move this thread to the New Civilizations to increase its visibility.

20. Troller0001

Troller0001 Watching from a safe distance

Here's the link to the Steam Download page (I uploaded it there since SoGK and kul both don't use Steam. SoGK will be uploading the mod to CivFanatics soon if he hasn't done that already)

Download Link

@Uighur Caesar, thanks, I'm happy that we found a way to code the design in such a way that we kept the original intentions, while still keeping it doable code-wise (and without a modded/custom DLL!!!)!