SoGK's New Civ

Thanks for this release team!

Psst.. I cant really check upon it now, but what soundtrack made it to the finished version? Its no longer uses Udan Mas right?

These two (CivFanatics didn't allow me to upload .mp3s :cry:)

(It's actually kinda sad that I still don't know much about Demak, even though I've helped making a civ for it :crazyeye:)

Since I noticed that (some) people were interested in the 'culture from Religion spreads'-Lua-mess, this is a a translation of the Spaghetti:

- Use UnitPrekill to detect whenever a unit died. If it's an Abangan and has 0 spreads left (pUnit:GetSpreadsLeft()) then grant culture! (UnitPrekill is nice enough to let me 'read'/check data from a unit before destroying it!)
- Save the amount of Religious spreads each Abangan has in a table (which is unique for every playerID so that multiple Demaks can be active). every turn, check if that Abangan still exists and has less spreads than last turn. If yes, grant culture!
- (the only bug now (as in, no culture is granted) is if the player spreads religion, but does not press 'next turn', and then reloads the game! This could however be solved 'easily(?)' with TableSaverLoader)

In short, it's not that messy! :p

P.s. I guess I'm now officialy a citizen of the Tribe of SoGK? :p

These two (CivFanatics didn't allow me to upload .mp3s :cry:)

(It's actually kinda sad that I still don't know much about Demak, even though I've helped making a civ for it :crazyeye:)

Thanks alot for this, and for everything, my friend. I had listen to them by downloading the mod jus tnow, I asked that before on a phone, so I cant do it back then.

That being said, I had notified SoGK that I find a slightly better music for Peace, he probably would told you some way or another, but here's my suggestion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h2r8Xdp3x0
If we ever gonna update the mod, please update the Peace theme as well.

Oh, and Demak is basically renaissance kingdom that, give or take, started the convertion movement that now shapes half of the modern Indonesia you see now. I appreciate you want to know about them, for starters, one of the Wali, the one named Sunan Kalijaga are the one that creates both of the original songs we used for Demak, and is the poster boy for Abangan Wali (or at least, thats how people illustrate his appearance nowadays)

A new version has been uploaded to the Steam Workshop, which should solve (major) issues when using the CP

Hey, Troller, you also upload the CP Compatibility Files as a standalone mod. Do I need to downlaod that one when playing the new version, or is it already been featured in the new version? thanks. Im not actually going to play it for some time, just curious

If you are using the CP, you need to download those files (and of course enable them in the mod-menu!). If not, DO NOT ENABLE THEM!
If the Demak mod happens to load after the CP (I couldn't find a way to force Demak to load first), then you'd also need to delete the ProductionPopup.lua-file from the Demak base mod.

Spoiler :
The CP fixes an issue with missionary UU's not disabling the purchase of normal missionaries. However, a workaround was made in the non-CP version (setting the UU cost to -1 and manually replacing the missionaries by UUs), meaning that the CP fix made it that the normal missionary was unable to be purchased, while still keeping the UU-cost at -1. The fix/compatibility files simply changes that UU cost and makes a minor change to one of the lua files.

Hey man. Just wanted to congratulate you and your partners on the release of Demak. Quite a complex civ for your first one and it's got some pretty nice art :)

You'll also want to make a post about it here and ask a mod to move this thread to the New Civilizations to increase its visibility.
Congratulations SoGK (to be honest, Konya is more doable to "speak"), kul and Troller :)

Anyway, this is a great starting civ with a great design.
Thanks for this release team!
Thank you for you kind word everyone! Sorry I can't reply lately, replying thread in phone's hard :D

P.s. I guess I'm now officialy a citizen of the Tribe of SoGK? :p
You are Mahapatih nao. With kul too ;)

Top Bottom