Solar Sistem (toroidal)

You overestimate the difference between an interstellar civilization and us. Not only are we mere centuries to millennia away from that level (as opposed to millions of years), we have already reached the threshold of reason. The difference is more like cavemen to us, and cavemen and of course cave-babies could be integrated into our society, as long as they are educated beforehand.

Plus, their education method (of the interstellar civilization) are probably very advanced, making it even easier.

Fix map under the SVN 9184

What to do to the barbarians have not traveled to other planets and between them since prehistoric times? Seems my joke about UFOs can become a reality

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

What to do to the barbarians have not traveled to other planets and between them since prehistoric times? Seems my joke about UFOs can become a reality

View attachment 405524
These unit types need to have their mapcategorytype tags defined to keep them on earth only. That simple.

Then the terrains used for the other planets aren't yet defined. Or he's using Earth terrains on non-earth maps.

The terrains are defined as far as I can see and the terrains define what the plot looks like... wait a sec is it possible that the map was created before the terrain map sets were defined and that is the problem?

Hills, Peak, water and flat lands are not terrains even though the first two are defined in the terrain file. Confusing I know.

Hills, Peak, water and flat lands are not terrains even though the first two are defined in the terrain file. Confusing I know.

I'm pretty sure water terrain are proper terrain types.
Anyhow, that is outside the point, hills and peaks are still defined as all mapcategory types atm; would this complicate matters for the dll spawning code?

The main point is that there are two terrains in a plot one proper and another that is pseudo terrain. One (real) says that this is a lunar plot only while the other (pseudo) says that it is all kinds of map categories types (earth, lunar, aquatic, martian, space, etc); which one is prioritized in the code - the restricter or the enabler? Better yet, are Hills and Peaks completely ignored by the spawning code as far as Map Category is concerned?

Part of the problem may be that I haven't yet disabled the original barbarian spawning mechanism. I'll probably work on that this week if I can get on top of other bugs.

I'm pretty sure water terrain are proper terrain types.
Anyhow, that is outside the point, hills and peaks are still defined as all mapcategory types atm; would this complicate matters for the dll spawning code?

The main point is that there are two terrains in a plot one proper and another that is pseudo terrain. One (real) says that this is a lunar plot only while the other (pseudo) says that it is all kinds of map categories types (earth, lunar, aquatic, martian, space, etc); which one is prioritized in the code - the restricter or the enabler? Better yet, are Hills and Peaks completely ignored by the spawning code as far as Map Category is concerned?

There are four basic terrain types that are not terrains. They are Peak, Hills, Flatland and Water. They are part of the exe, sort of. The terrains, sea, grass etc., are put on top of those. Only two are defined in the the XML for some reason. They have to be in a particular place in the XML or everything crashes. I suspect that they should not have any MapCatagory and they should not be used in any spawn.

Can you make a huge map instead of gigantic and without included civilizations?
About Barbarians spawning. Is it possible to add 100% terrain damage to Mars, Moon etc terrain? And for future colonization units to add promotions "Ignore Moon terrain damage" etc. Barbs will spawn in Space, but they will die on the next turn.

I added a new version, this time a toroidal. :mischief:

Playable only Russia. If someone knows how to make a playable others - I will be grateful. Fixed

Is it possible to play on this map with different options?
And Barbarians spawn on non-Earth terrains, don't they?

Top Bottom