Some info for a returning guy

persisT

Chieftain
Hello there community.

To make a (bit) long story short i have played Civ 5 for over 400 hours with no mods but i have stopped playing it for 1 year and now i want to get back in action but i want this time to try to use some mods for a bit refreshment.
I don't know many things about CPP and i haven't tried it yet so i want some info about it if it's possible ! Does CPP makes the AI smarter ? Civ 5's disappointment for me was the AI being extremely dumb and each leader "feeling the same" when you face him, so i am searching for a mod that kinda adresses that. Moreover i want to try out the many new Civs some modders have created and i want to ask if i can run both of CPP and some custom Civs or will there be some kinda of conflict ? And if yes can i do something to prevent that ?

That's all from a guy whos eager to try this mod (alongside with CSD) and some new civs ! Thanks in advance.

I think that if you use it alongside the Pick N' Mix smart AI mod, it gets slightly better, but there are some ongoing issues with sieges and AI goofing out. No matter how much mods, the AI will still suck in CIV 5 :p

If i use the CPP mod with Smart Ai mod right ? What about new Civs ? It seems that this matter is kinda mysterious

If i use the CPP mod with Smart Ai mod right ? What about new Civs ? It seems that this matter is kinda mysterious

From what I've gathered the real Smart AI mod won't be work, but the smart AI mod enabler which is basically a smart AI-light edition works and is encouraged.

A lot of new mod names for me :D . I have to search for them in order to understand whats going on.

From what I've gathered the real Smart AI mod won't be work, but the smart AI mod enabler which is basically a smart AI-light edition works and is encouraged.

The CP DLL incorporates all functioning features of the Smart AI. There are elements of the Smart AI DLL that did not work as Ninaroku said, and those features were not carried over.

Persist, check out the 'How to Install' thread, give the CP, CBP, CSD and CivIVDF a download, and enjoy!

G

The CP DLL incorporates all functioning features of the Smart AI. There are elements of the Smart AI DLL that did not work as Ninaroku said, and those features were not carried over.

Persist, check out the 'How to Install' thread, give the CP, CBP, CSD and CivIVDF a download, and enjoy!

G

Thanks Gazebo for the info. Gonna try em out. Still though no word on new Civs compatibility with the mod :/.

Thanks Gazebo for the info. Gonna try em out. Still though no word on new Civs compatibility with the mod :/.

Probably depends on the civ. I can't say I've actually tried it since most customcivs are badly balanced (but then again so are most normal civs aswell ^^).
If the civ affects something that this mod changes there is probably going to be some issues, but most of them don't do that afaik. Just try it out and see if it crashes ^^

Probably depends on the civ. I can't say I've actually tried it since most customcivs are badly balanced (but then again so are most normal civs aswell ^^).
If the civ affects something that this mod changes there is probably going to be some issues, but most of them don't do that afaik. Just try it out and see if it crashes ^^

Gonna try that out but if something crashes, will i be able (with my 0 knowledge of mods and how they work) to alter something and make them work ? Sorry for the amount of questions but haven't used mods before :D

Top Bottom