Something to offer !

Thank you bishop, didnt know you/someone were already working at it, this is a bit...dissatisfying, because I dont wanted to make your work obsolete nor I want my work to be obsolete LOL ;)
Don't be disappointed. Important is that it's now finally included. I know the feeling, since I've worked for quite some time with the files which was twice in vain.
But you seems to have the same understanding/approach then me, add a few colors in a meaningfull way and voila almost the whole game feels more accessible and friendly...:)
Seeing the usefulness of enhanced readability supported by colouring I wanted to make sure that this is eventually included in the mod to save me further hassle modding it in again and again. This is the main reason why I got involved with modding WTP in the first place. ;)
Maybe you could recycle a bit of the edits I had done...:)
Sorry, I hadn't time to check your files yet...
+ Im in eager anticipation of your works release :)
Well, I hope you like my style...

1. @Nightinggale and myself will create the XML Highlighting Tag System (for balancing colour values in XML)
Well, I'm not sure if that is really needed. Actually it's 13 years to late. Keep in mind that the colouring of texts is not an end in itself. It just supports the overall readability. Depending upon the text, you want to colour the same key word differently which such a system won't allow you to do.

Thats exactly what I meant ;)

Don't be disappointed. Important is that it's now finally included. I know the feeling, since I've worked for quite some time with the files which was twice in vain.

Well, I hope you like my style...
I can feel confident, that it will ;)
but I havent checked yet (not sure if its even released or how to test "betas") but yeah I will :) , thank you for your efforts. As it seems you was way longer involved into doing this then me, this is meant in a respectful manner. I "just" had a bit over a week bore time, without the option to left home and instead of work I done mine on a daily basis and I have to admit, because of not having creative pauses over days, month whatever, that I had lost some interest in regards to accuracy at the "end". Which lead to, me hoping to "just" get it finished before the end of my week sparetime. I would assume because of you having more time you kept your interest and accuracy :thumbsup:
So I still very anticipate the release of your version :)
Thank you :goodjob:

Keep in mind that the colouring of texts is not an end in itself. It just supports the overall readability. Depending upon the text, you want to colour the same key word differently which such a system won't allow you to do.
Basically the "XML Highlighting Tag System" would simply offer "Highlighting Tags" you could or could not use in your text. :dunno:
Introducing the system would still allow you to do everything you want ...

-----

So for example if you want to use a different colour - you just do not use this:
[COLOR_TAG_CITY]%s1_city[COLOR_REVERT] <--- Which we could define / balance / change the colour easily at one place in XML.

Instead you simply use:
[COLOR_WHATEVER_YOU_LIKE]%s1_city[COLOR_REVERT] <--- Which we could not define / balance / change the colour easily at one place in XML.

-----

@Fürstbischof:

If you say that the "XML Highlighting Tag System" is not needed I fully trust your expertise. :thumbsup:
Then go on and create the colouring scheme you consider best. :)

@Nightinggale:
Let us simply invest the effort in another System / feature then. :thumbsup:
If our supporters creating the texts do not need the "XML Highlighting Tag System" there is no reason to create it. :dunno:

-----

We simply thought it would be useful and make your life easier. :dunno:

Hello Im back and enjoying your newest release.
Its fantastic, aswell as the event log.

Good Job!

May I kindly ask you to add this small changes to the terrain info?
Basically the Terrain Info Tooltip was the purpose I started coloring the files, back in the days.

After my changes the Terraininfo tooltip will look like this and will make it easier to detect the terrain type, the improvement build on it, aswell as streets

coloTerrainTooltip.jpg

Attachments

• Terrain Tooltip Changes WTP 4.02.zip
    179.6 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom