Sooo... Happiness.

with the hotfix I've got less issues with happiness : poverty still skyrocket around renaissance but it's still manageable
Yeah, it's right around renaissance for me too. Are customs houses considered a core happiness building now? Aqueducts can barely put a dent in poverty unhappiness

Yeah, it's right around renaissance for me too. Are customs houses considered a core happiness building now? Aqueducts can barely put a dent in poverty unhappiness

you've got Bank/custom house/grossery which reduce poverty threshold. (-20% each if i remember well )

so if you pick a religion ( or stole it) without any gold or poverty reduction (cathedral, mandir) you will have to get them asap.

AND don't forget to build Est India Company ASAP. you get a national -20% poverty threshold

5-20 build. I am on turn 46. Is this normal? Is it not a bit too early or too harsh.

Last edited:
Your overall happiness is still positive. I’m not sure I see the problem

5-20 build. I am on turn 46. Is this normal? Is it not a bit too early or too harsh.

Perfectly normal. It doesn't matter at this stage anyway.

Random Question: Why are you researching Pottery so late? Are you playing on Standard speed?

Since the last christmas, the influence from population and technology to the needs was extremly increased. Additionally with less food from buildings for growth and rised cost for buildings, you have more problems to construct buildings in the same speed as the AI.
It atleast feels like the reductions for needs by buildings are relative arbitrarily, else I couldnt explain why the needs are getting out of control at industrial age for everyone.
In my opinion, everything could be solved easily, if we would reduce the population and tech effect to needs an unhapiness, cause the further you get in game, the more the unhappiness rise.... but instead we will get some other mechanic.
No clue why easy solutions are not really considered before changing new mechanics. :shifty:

Since the last christmas, the influence from population and technology to the needs was extremly increased. Additionally with less food from buildings for growth and rised cost for buildings, you have more problems to construct buildings in the same speed as the AI.
It atleast feels like the reductions for needs by buildings are relative arbitrarily, else I couldnt explain why the needs are getting out of control at industrial age for everyone.
In my opinion, everything could be solved easily, if we would reduce the population and tech effect to needs an unhapiness, cause the further you get in game, the more the unhappiness rise.... but instead we will get some other mechanic.
No clue why easy solutions are not really considered before changing new mechanics. :shifty:

Wrong again. You continue to make things up. I didn’t increase or decrease anything ‘extremely’ or ‘arbitrarily.’

G

Wrong again. You continue to make things up. I didn’t increase or decrease anything ‘extremely’ or ‘arbitrarily.’

G
Extremly -> I remember the value for the population effect to needs from christmas. How high is it now? How much did you increase the values from the population and tech modifiers?
Arbitrarily -> How did you decide how much the needs have to be reduced? And at which time? For me, those decisions look arbitarily. Maybe we should take a look at this and discuss it a bit?

And why do you not simply consider reducing the influence from population and tech modifiers? Its obviosly, the happiness decreases more and more in the course of the game, cause you get more techs and more population.

Changes are made for a reason. I remember Gazebo stating in a February patch that he increased the needs modifier (not sure if from tech/growth or not) because the AI was rolling in 50-60+ happiness consistently in the lategame. I remember having 80+ happiness as well.

Changes are made for a reason. I remember Gazebo stating in a February patch that he increased the needs modifier (not sure if from tech/growth or not) because the AI was rolling in 50-60+ happiness consistently in the lategame. I remember having 80+ happiness as well.
I know, but in this case, wouldnt it make more sense only slightly increase the needs and reduce mainly the happiness sources? Something I asked Gazebo several times but never got an answer.

Extremly -> I remember the value for the population effect to needs from christmas. How high is it now? How much did you increase the values from the population and tech modifiers?
Arbitrarily -> How did you decide how much the needs have to be reduced? And at which time? For me, those decisions look arbitarily. Maybe we should take a look at this and discuss it a bit?

And why do you not simply consider reducing the influence from population and tech modifiers? Its obviosly, the happiness decreases more and more in the course of the game, cause you get more techs and more population.

I am NOT getting into this with you for the 100th time. Please stop.

G

I am NOT getting into this with you for the 100th time. Please stop.

G
The easiest way to let me stop these question is to answer......?
Why shouldnt we discuss the right amount and time for need reductions and doing the easiest solution?

Why shouldnt we discuss the right amount and time for need reductions and doing the easiest solution?

He has a point.

Stop trolling.

He has a point.

I've answered him innumerable times elsewhere. He ignores my responses because I don't agree with him. Don't feed the troll.

G

I've answered him innumerable times elsewhere. He ignores my responses because I don't agree with him. Don't feed the troll.

G
This is the first time I asked for the thoughts behind numbers from need buildings.... why not trying to adjust the happiness problems at this construction site?

Google:
Happiness biteinthemark site:forums.civfanatics.com
About 115 results (0.29 seconds)

Gazebo is correct. Literally over a hundred times addressed it.
You should learn to google... it lists EVERY page where my name and the word happiness is in... if I do any comment and someone else is talking about happiness... its in these results...

You should learn to google... it lists EVERY page where my name and the word happiness is in... if I do any comment and someone else is talking about happiness... its in these results...
I'm only making a point that it has been addressed. He's aware no doubt as are the other devs. Relax.

Last edited:
Top Bottom