1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Soundtrack Revisions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Praetyre, Oct 7, 2012.

1. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

You'd need to either start it once from your SVN copy or copy the resulting files from your playing copy back to the SVN copy.

2. matt1975

matt1975 Chieftain

Hello,

The link is dead. Could you provide an up-to-date link? I really appreciate the great work!

3. Praetyre

Praetyre King

4. Praetyre

Praetyre King

Also, would anyone object if I added 113 MB worth (just the first three eras in the lite edition of my soundpack) to the core, to address complaints of early eras being thin on sound?

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I very much would like this. However I am unsure if SO would like it. :(

6. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I like the early era music very much personally. I'd like to hear the new music to see if I like it as much as what we currently have between Ancient and Medieval.

I also would like to add some future music, but I'll need to convert it to mp3 first.

7. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII The Third Giuseppe

2 things...

Why not include this in the SVN, SO said you could and

The link isn't working

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@GiuseppeIII,

Needs bittorrent to open. If you have bittorrent a window will open asking what application do you want to use and Bittorrent will be listed.

Edit: Currently needs a Seed! has 3 peers but No Seeds! :p

JosEPh

9. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

OK as long as no one else says NO then, go for it. . . SO (Can't play favorites to anyone, is all i am saying)

10. matt1975

matt1975 Chieftain

Downloading as we speak. Only one seed! PLEASE DON'T GO OFFLINE!!!!!1 I will seed a while after I get it in. Thanks Praetyre!

EDIT: Hmmm... 1kB/sec. Not exactly the Batmobile.

11. strategyonly

Yeah i agree, better music, as long as NO more religious/percussion instruments playing, thx. I like down to Earth "Barbarian" type music, but of course i do like Heavy Metal :rockon:

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I've been D/l'ing all night and only have 47% so far. I think it says Praetyre's on Dialup! :eek:

Want to clarify that maybe? Hmm Bro!:rolleyes: You mean the chanting? :p Or What? ;)

JosEPh :mischief:

13. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

I really don't have a say in this, and I do like the new tracks once it finally did download, but some of us use the SVN so we don't have to do huge downloads at a single time. Not everyone has superfast download speeds, and sourceforge isn't well known to be a fast server even if the people downloading have high speeds. Luckily, it wasn't raining this morning and I was able to take my laptop down the street to a free wifi spot that is fairly fast...(and I always check the logs before updating, so at least I was prepared for a huge download).

I humbly suggest that in the future to keep large uploads to the freeze period.

14. strategyonly

ahaha sure . . i mean the (see screenie), that kind of stuff just drives me nuts (i am not quite there yet, dont want to rush it anymore than i have to :old: ;) )

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Really? Awesome! If it were up to me (and it was royalty free somehow) I'd be filling the audio lists with Man-O-War tracks!

Like:
    Gods of War
    http://youtu.be/8QiaxvghdSk

Spirit Horse of the Cherokee
    http://youtu.be/MCsgUyxkGuE]

Power of thy Sword
    http://youtu.be/Leo1DTmspx4

Holy War
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6knCdiUBz4
    Huh... couldn't get the youtube tags to work... how's that supposed to be done?
    And so many more! These, IMO, would make for some of the BEST Civ background music (particularly for war music!)

16. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

You consider that to be "religious"? At best, it sounds faux-pagan to me.
    I do like timpani percussion however, like some of the star trek themes were.

17. strategyonly

I dont know what you have above, but its Blank white space, and the links say this (see screenie)??????

18. strategyonly

Yeah, its just the choir stuff, then i guess, just like Deep Purple when they made that soundtrack, (Another Brick in the Wall) with the Mormon Tab Choir), it sounds ok there, but it pushing my limits), no offense to anyone, i dont mean it that way, sorry if anyone took it that way. . .

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah, couldn't get the youtube tags to work so I just put links now... sorry... but do check them out!

20. strategyonly

OK thats better, but they have too much so called "singing" in them, would like more Non-singing one, no offense), but it hard to do strategy in a game with someone talking/singing). . . SO (Or is it ME again, just being weird , , :crazyeye: