Space 5 - Old hands can be newbs too, getting back in the game

It is not a dumb idea. :goodjob: We can sell it to Japan, we need the Gold anyway.

I'd have to open the game to check if we can tell if they have Open Borders? I think the info is available.

France will probably declare and take it anyway, but that gives us time to build more units. :hammer:

That's a question I wondered about.

I can't find out whether Japan has open borders with France, so I'm not even sure whether auto-moves would be triggered.

All but one of our units are out of moves, so I either sell Orleans now and hope that they are auto-moved. Or hit next turn now, lose whatever units France takes down in the IBT, and then withdraw the remaining units during the next turn before selling Orleans.

Doing it manually next turn sounds the safer option unless someone knows more about this than I do.

Yes it's a risk.

What about selling to Siam in return for war on Nappy? This guarantees no open borders, and gives Nappy something else to think about.
I've looked and Siam wants a load of luxes which will make us unhappy. Orleans is a puppet however with quite a big population. Can anyone work out how many happy faces we get for offloading Orleans?

If we go less than 4 unhappy, then we will get happy with the Taj.

I like the idea of keeping Siam strong as they will be a source of tech for our spies and for tech agreements.

Just an idea.

If we have open borders with Siam though - our units won't move, and they'll all die. So scrub that idea. :smoke:

Another edit.
Siam had not opened it's borders to us. Our troops will be automoved. Siam has a shed load of city state allies too. That has to hurt Nappy also.
Nappy will also take Orleans from Siam - so what does that mean? Is that good or bad for us?
My rough calcs say that we go 2 unhappy if we go this route.
It's very expensive, but certain. I'm not sure if it's a good idea myself.

I take it there are no spies in the original version then? :D
my bad.

Sorry, got caught up in Christmas.

If someone else is ready to take it on, I'm happy to skip. My next week or so is going to be a bit hectic, as I am honorary treasurer for two accounts with year-ends on 31 December.

{delurk}

I'm delighted to see that the traditional pacing of a Space SG is being honoured here. Civ V's being a much smaller-scale game than its predecessors might cause lesser players to speed up, but not this team. ;)

Perhaps I'll get Civ V for Christmas 2014, learn it in 2015, and finish this game off in 2016. That wouldn't be materially different from how Space-4 ended. :lol:

{lurk}

Hi, NP. I'm sure it will still be ready for you to finish it off around that timescale.

Meanwhile, I am slowly extricating myself from a total RL overload. I'm serious - if anyone else wants to take it on, please feel free.

Glad to see that a Space game is setting new standards for inactivity. :)

LOL! I've been reading this thread for about 2 weeks now ( I started from the beginning, didn't check to see how it ended). I got all hooked in the story and I'm left hanging with an Army right outside of Orleans!

Honestly though, looks like you were on the way to victory. With the number of cities, you should be able to outproduce the other civs in the long run.

Top Bottom