Space Colonization modmod

OK, I see this. I will get to these questions shortly and maybe make some more changes on the next SVN update. For Titan, though, bear in mind that is very much a work in progress.

There are several buildings (mostly Wonders) that don't obsolete, eventhough they probably should. Rock'n'Roll for example, or the Burj Khalifa and such. I imagine most skyscrapers (like these on Conglomerates) might be very unimpressive after Megastructure Engineering or Stratosphere Towers are a thing ;)

Also congratz on your wedding and carreer change! :)

I've thought about extended building consolidation to wonders and agree that would be a good idea. If not playing with Unlimited Wonders, then do obsolete wonders count toward the limit for a city? If not, that would help a lot for the late game.

@Thunderbrd what about making unlimited wonders option always on and hidden?
Many people think that this option is unbalanced, and I can see their point (although I prefer unlimited wonders as well, mostly because of obsolete wonders counting). IIRC some people asked for this option to be always off and hidden.

I actually have it on my tasklist to ensure that obsoleted wonders don't count towards the limit. It's something my wife and I have discussed and found frustrating as well with the status quo.

Excellent. Tbrd, I think it would be faster for you to make a list of everything that isn't in your task list.

Excellent. Tbrd, I think it would be faster for you to make a list of everything that isn't in your task list.
Let me guess: Multimaps, Nomandic start, Volumetric resources, Electricity property, Event driven story (events popping soon after techs are researched dedicated to unexpected consequences of said technology), competent AI, that can into space, unique challenges and mechanics for each era.... and probably few other BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG projects :p

I think even some of those are actually still itemized on there to let me know by priority when I can start really working on them directly.

This particular project was something I'd wanted to slip into this cycle but I don't think I'll be able to quite yet. Suffice it to say, it's high enough priority that it should be something I work on fairly soon. Just saying it's not one of the many hanging out in left field. (Stuff that is a response to my wife's frustrations do tend to get covered quicker ;) )

Can we have solar wind powered fusion powerplants?
They would power colonies in inner solar system including those in cislunar space - production booster for now and electricity when there is electricity property.
Venus and Mercury ones would get extra boost and Mars one would work at reduced rate.
Basically they would be energy producing version of solar scoop (Star Lifting tech), that doesn't need to be touching sun.
They also can beam power to other colonies or spaceships.
KSP Interstellar Extended is nice at simulating space powerplants :p

Can we have solar wind powered fusion powerplants?
They would power colonies in inner solar system including those in cislunar space - production booster for now and electricity when there is electricity property.
Venus and Mercury ones would get extra boost and Mars one would work at reduced rate.
Basically they would be energy producing version of solar scoop (Star Lifting tech), that doesn't need to be touching sun.
They also can beam power to other colonies or spaceships.
KSP Interstellar Extended is nice at simulating space powerplants :p

Sure we could. It's on my list. But it will be a while before I add it or any other new things. Still, it would be nice to have some mid-Galactic production boosters to help these cities build expensive wonders.

I found that the Tech that unlocks Galileo, Mariner Programm etc also unlocks New Horizions, but I can't send Interplanetary Probes to the Transneptunian Space at this point. A smiliar problem happened a bit later at Ion Propulsion IIRC, that unlocks 2 wonders that require a KBO Mission.

Also, do you plan to integrade Projects like Apollo or ISS into your modmod by converting them? They seem quite out of place as it is right now.

I found that the Tech that unlocks Galileo, Mariner Programm etc also unlocks New Horizions, but I can't send Interplanetary Probes to the Transneptunian Space at this point. A smiliar problem happened a bit later at Ion Propulsion IIRC, that unlocks 2 wonders that require a KBO Mission.

Also, do you plan to integrade Projects like Apollo or ISS into your modmod by converting them? They seem quite out of place as it is right now.
I think I placed on my map one KBO on border with outer solar system representing Pluto and its moons.
It is behind Neptune:
Spoiler :

Last edited:

See Raxo's comment. There should be a KBO in the Outer Solar System, and you can't get to Transneptunian Space with the Interplanetary Probe until Magnetic Sails.

Would be nice. I guess that would mean scrapping the existing world projects and creating new wonders. I'm not sure if that might foul up space race stuff at all.

Ah thank you!

Well the Spacerace Victory in C2C shouldn't really have any connections to the Apollo-programm. I think it should be fairly save to scrap them and add the spaceships parts to something else.

So you all know, I am now aware of a few XML issues that make it impossible to build certain things in the late game. They were introduced when I rearranged the Titan and Galactic material and will be fixed in my next update.

I wonder if its possible to use any ideas from this thread.
Basically they came from nowhere, dumped bunch of ideas for future eras and then they quickly left forums to be never seen again.
thread is from 2012 though :p

Looks interesting. There are tons of tech ideas for earlier eras, though by now we should be much more careful about adding more (e.g. only major techs which are not adequately covered by the existing tree and bring a lot of new content). When it comes to stuff not based in (known) science, I think it's appropriate for the far future eras but not for the near future or past eras. So I would not want to include medieval magic or anything like that.

It looks like the future era structure we've settled on is pretty similar to what they propose. Basically, if we move some techs like Nuclear Pulse Propulsion and Interstellar Travel/Colonization into the Transhuman Era and rearranged/expanded the early interstellar material, and we moved the hyperspace stuff (e.g. Dualflux Quantum Temporal Rift) into the Cosmic Era, I think we would have the same structure they do. Right now I think we have a good general future era structure and it would be more effort than it is worth to try to restructure it.

If I was starting over on this project, I would consider splitting the Galactic Era into two, with the first half for nearby interstellar space and the second half for the rest of the Milky Way. But again, more trouble than it's worth.

I wish I knew all the future era techs they had planned. Especially for the last two eras, since I still feel the Cosmic and Transcendent Eras are getting short shifted. Anyone know if they ever listed them out?

We have no future era cultures. I would love to see some added. And there is no shortage of material to work with.

Finally, the civic ideas are interesting too. I added a bunch of civics but no new civic categories. I would be interesting to have one civic category for overall empire governance, and another for local governance (e.g. for individual star systems), since interstellar civilizations are likely to be loose confederations absent any faster than light travel.

I remember when that came up. That was a fun era for us in modding. They were an interesting bunch but perhaps too prolific. At least records of their ideas are there. Cambrian to Caveman was also cool.

Top Bottom