Space Colonization modmod

-Mining Bot Control Center requires Automate Vehicle Dealership; at this point it is replaced by the Shockwave Dealership etc.

I never understood that requirement. I would like to have it use one of the more recent buildings (e.g. Automated Mine) but that would be a problem because they are still in the core. I'll think of something.

-Are Mars improvment balanced? The Mine just seems the best overall, with maybe one or two Hydroponics per city.

Haven't put too much effort into the balance. I will take a closer look.

-Lunar Worker could be reduced by 50% (cost). I had the same feeling about the DDS, but now it feels quite good. Maybe I was impatient because it was late.

I'll do that for the Lunar Worker.

-Martian Skyscraper is worse than the buildings it replaces, netting in a big production loss.

Good catch. I'll give it an upgrade.

-Why is there a Venusian Deuterium Exporter but it requires no mine or scoop? This could be another Venusian building, since in the beginning it is sometimes bored.

There is the Venus Hydrogen Generator, which splits hydrogen from the atmosphere. Maybe a separate refinery could separate ordinary hydrogen from deuterium. But yes, there is a need for a few more early Venus buildings.

-The Lunar Mine improvment takes way too long (65 turns compared with 4-5 from the others)

Will shorten it.

-No rush with gold costs more than 1.000.000. I guess this is due TB's overflow fix?

Apparently. Furthermore, in some cases the natural rush cost goes so high that it overflows and becomes 1 gold. Not sure what to do about that.

-The Lunar Solar Array is too expensive; cut have it's cost cut by 80-90%. The Asteroid Mining Complex (Cislunar) Is also about 4times as expensive (in building time) than the Cislunar Solar Array NW. Being a wonder, it should be only 2x the cost.

The Asteroid Mining Complex comes later in the tree (Lunar Trade vs. Lunar Manufacturing), so don't forget to take that into account. Since I just did a major reduction in extraterrestrial wonder costs, I want to hold off a bit before revising those formulas again.

-The Body Exchange Clinic requires 6 Cloning Factories (on a big map). It should be only 1, since you actually need this building for quite a lot of stuff!

That's a strange one. The intention must have been to not allow Body Exchange Clinic in every city. I will take a look at it.

There were a couple of strange designs when these buildings (like the exchange clinic) were added. Some of them, like the First Cloned Mammal are around for years and at some point need a serious look at.

Regarding the 1 :gold: rush issue, maybe lower the rush cost modifier by a factor of 10? This makes it still very expensive, but probably won't overflow. Later down the tech tree, a very good Eco civic might be worth adding, that is too good not to pick but disables all rushes. IMO later game civics are quite underpowered right now.

Right now I have half a mind to completely disable rushing on all extraterrestrial cities, if I can figure out how to do it. Or at least for wonders.

I can see that. There are some civics (e.g. Chiefdom, Monarchy, Free Market) that I want to switch to right away and sometimes beeline to the relevant tech for that purpose. For the future era civics, most aren't particularly compelling.

Disable rushing on ET buildings sounds good, but after a point you are so advanced that you'd have no trouble to material (from asteroids or earth itself) to you solar colonies. The same goes later for other colonies as well. But I can see the point of not wanting anything to be rushable.

Civics need to be made much less complicated I think. Back then we added a capture chance to all of them, but I think this trait only belongs in the military sector really. If civics have soooo many different areas they affect, it is very hard to tell which one is better. And buildings that are enabled by civics only make it more complicated for newer players... Maybe thats a good thing, as it allows you to become better in this game.

Two more "issues":

- Titan has no option (that I'm aware of) to produce energy, while every other city (except KBO and Oort Cloud) is already powered. KBO soon to come.

- Cislunar and lunar colonies struggle with Education. At around Animamaterials, they are pop size 21 and have -460 Education and no building to change anything about that (Immortal difficulty). Maybe thats intentional and I just have to keep their size smaller ;)

Eventually I will take a closer look at civics. There should be enough complexity so that it is a strategic decision which ones to use, but there need not be 20 different parameters to compare. I do like having some civic-dependent buildings because that keeps the buildings more interesting.

Titan just isn't developed yet. We'll get there eventually.

Properties in space are another area where I haven't paid much attention. In the very long run I want the properties (crime, education, pollution) to be meaningful, but I just haven't gotten to that and that will be a big undertaking.

Eventually I will take a closer look at civics. There should be enough complexity so that it is a strategic decision which ones to use, but there need not be 20 different parameters to compare. I do like having some civic-dependent buildings because that keeps the buildings more interesting.
Late Era Civics do not need the complexity of the early to mid-game Civics as they are now. In fact I will probably reduce some of the "bloat" in the early to mid game Civics.

Any progress on having space colonies work on 3 tile radius when gameoption, that forces Metropolitian Administration to be build is on?
Basically some building that replicates effect of Metropolitian Administration effect.

Any progress on having space colonies work on 3 tile radius when gameoption, that forces Metropolitian Administration to be build is on?
Basically some building that replicates effect of Metropolitian Administration effect.

Thanks for reminding me. I haven't gotten to it yet but that's on the list.

Late Era Civics do not need the complexity of the early to mid-game Civics as they are now. In fact I will probably reduce some of the "bloat" in the early to mid game Civics.

Makes sense. I'll sit tight and see what you do there.

I must say up until the Galactic era, the balance seems fine. Wonders are still too expensive IMO, especially the KBO wonders. Or lets say only them, the others are fine! :)
I just don't seem to catch up with tech. Building times is whats limiting me, especially when building World Ships (getting the requirements, that is) and in Terraforming. Maybe it is because it is new, but it really makes me feel unconfortable. It just feels weird this way :p

Last edited:
Good to know. I would be very hesitant to reduce the cost of extraterrestrial wonders further, but maybe some more production boosts on KBO cities.

Since terraforming is the capstone project for most of the solar system cities, it's meant to take a long time. Before I cut the wonder costs in half, it would typically take me well into the Cosmic Era before the terraforming wonders were done. Maybe some day we'll have more Galactic and later material for these cities, and in that case we would want terraforming to go faster.

The Molekular Assembler has a similar problem as the Martian Skyscraper. When I want to build it, it tells me that this buildings will net me -685 :hammers:
Or could that be overflow? I haven't checked it.

I didn't notice this before, but the Replicator Factory gives a 25% production bonus. The Molecular Assembler replaces both that and the Nanobotic Printing Mill, so is weaker than the sum of the two buildings. Will enhances it a bit. Note that the Replicator Factory does go obsolete, so eventually you'll want the enhances assemblers.

I think these kind of things will be adjusted anyways once we get a full buildingline review.
There are more issues like that with certain Megacomplex buildings (like the one that obsoletes the Tannery), but I think this is a price you have to pay for better overview.

Nice. There may be an Entropy Reversal tech but it bothers me that there is no plausible mechanism for doing so.

Nice. There may be an Entropy Reversal tech but it bothers me that there is no plausible mechanism for doing so.
Advanced germination and attometer engineering/nanomorphism are fishy too - first needs magnetic monopoles removal from description and second one completely confuses scales

Isn't the timearrow of entropie linked to the shape of the universe? Like if it's open or closed... At the time you can access multiverses, you probably can change the shape of the universe aswell. Or maybe harvest another energysource like vakuum energy. And IIRC black holes will survive even white dwarfs, at least the big ones.

Top Bottom