Space Colonization modmod

Isn't the "orbital" tag a bit different anyway? IIRC it gives at least commerce effects to all cities, maybe others as well.
Nope, it would have this tag in pedia, if it was Orbital building.

Its just named like that, this NW can be placed on Cislunar plots only.
Better name would be Cislunar prison.

It was different when Isi (I think) implented it. Pretty sure he said that orbiltal buildings with +1 :gold: for example would give +1 :gold: in every city.
Well then it looks like it was changed for this national wonder.
----
When Attometer Engineering and Attometer Nanomorphism (Early Galactic techs) will get better name?
For now techs and some stuff, that is unlocked by them confuses scales.
Nanometer (10^-9) and Attometer (10^-18) are pretty far from each other.

Also remove monopole mentions in Advanced Germination (late Nanotech) pedia description entry.

Those 3 techs are breaking slow and smooth progression from future realism of Nanotech era to fantasy of Transcendent era.
Basically Nanotech is near future.
Transhuman would be hard Science Fiction.
Galactic would be Star Wars style SF, maybe bit harder than that.
Cosmic is Soft SF.
Transcendent is final frontier fantasy :p

Spoiler :

Rename this tech to Atom-Scale Engineering
Basically this is nanotechnology with atomic precision.

Atom-Scale Foundry would be better name.

Maybe plain Advanced Nanomorphism would be nice enough.

Replace magnetic monopoles story with advanced genetic engineering story.

Engineering scales:
Nanotechnology (10^-9 m): Early Information Era.
Picotechnology (10^-12 m): Late Galactic Era.
Femtotechnology (10^-15 m): Early Cosmic Era
Zeptotechnology (10^-21 m): Middle Cosmic Era
Omega minus Engineering (Planck scale): Late Cosmic Era
It seems like "attometer" engineering/nanomorphism operates on scales of 1 nm - 100 pm - sizes of atom as size base.
Also there is almost no space for attotechnology (there is no such tech in game), but on other had last two eras have only little over 50 techs.

Fun fact: Current primary energy consumption by entire civilization is around 20 TW.
That is ~0.2 g/s of matter changed to energy, yearly that would be around 7 tons of matter changed to energy.
If we had mainly fission/fusion powered world, then we would need less than 700 tons of fuel per year (including efficiency in matter -> energy -> electricity conversion efficiency).

Last edited:
When is this getting a proper mapscript? I've been waiting for almost two years for a mapscript before playing C2C with the new space content.

When is this getting a proper mapscript? I've been waiting for almost two years for a mapscript before playing C2C with the new space content.
It will probably take a few more years before we get multimaps up and running, which will really be a prerequisite for that.

@pepper2000 there are few units missing from Titan build list and attometer things, that I screenshoted should be renamed to "Atomic Scale" (not actual tech name as defined, but its ingame name) or something like that.
Also you can replace story in Advanced Germination descriptions with advanced genetic engineering or something like that.

Thanks for reminding me. Those things are still on the to-do list, but I'm not sure when my next update will be.
Nice to know :)
If fixing of Safety (Orbital Safety) was on your list, then it was already fixed by Joseph - National Wonder spawning this effect is buildable in Cislunar Space, so it is beyond of AI reach anyway :p.

It will probably take a few more years before we get multimaps up and running, which will really be a prerequisite for that.

Seriously?! You're waiting for multimaps?! Just make a placeholder space mapscript that places space zones based off longitude like the space map used for testing does.

Seriously?! You're waiting for multimaps?! Just make a placeholder space mapscript that places space zones based off longitude like the space map used for testing does.
If you know how to make mapscripts, have at it. I don't and I'm not going to be distracted by it. If someone else wants to they can try but I haven't seen anyone saying they'd do it.

Good idea, but I just haven't had the capacity to do this so far, and it hasn't been a high enough priority for me. But if you can I think we would gratefully welcome such a contribution.

I don't know how to make mapscripts, but I think someone who does could pretty easily make a basic space mapscript. The Three Worlds mapscript even already includes the Moon and Mars; it just needs to be expanded to include the new planets and space zones.

A functioning space mapscript should be the absolute top priority for C2C right now, since most of the space content is unusable without space terrain.

I don't know how to make mapscripts, but I think someone who does could pretty easily make a basic space mapscript. The Three Worlds mapscript even already includes the Moon and Mars; it just needs to be expanded to include the new planets and space zones.

A functioning space mapscript should be the absolute top priority for C2C right now, since most of the space content is unusable without space terrain.
There are few scenarios with space map though.

Trying to get the game to be something that can be played up to that point is a little higher priority.

I think I found good quote for Alpha Point tech (last column of Transcedental era) or world wonder, that is here:
Spoiler :

We humans, in future, will create this universe where we are now living.
(Zappara, founder of Rise of Mankind, forefather of Caveman 2 Cosmos)

I found it in signature of some user, when I was browsing older threads.

It's a good quote, though I am still partial to the Douglas Adams quote that we have now.
What about adding it to history of Omniverse wonder?

Create the Universe. Don't mess it up this time.

13.7 billion years later somewhere in universe 314 159 271 828 there was mysterious quote:
We humans, in future, will create this universe where we are now living.
- Zappara, founder of Rise of Mankind, forefather of Caveman 2 Cosmos

That would be nice way to transcend (Transcend because Transcendental era :mischief:) fourth wall :p
Spoiler :

Last edited:
I think the best way to break the fourth wall and to include a nice recursion effect would be a World Wonder "C2C" during the Information Age. :lol:

This would be nice easter egg and would be recursion in other way as mod recreated itself :crazyeye:
"We need to go deeper"

My suggestion is basically mod universe created "our" universe with high precision :p
"We need to go higher"

Also there is "Simulation Awareness" (last column of last era) tech, where citizens realize, that their universe is simulation.

Basically that trope: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RecursiveReality

Armada to Ascension died in stillbirth and totally didn't reincarnate itself as Pepper Space Program :mischief:

Last edited:
Reactions: tmv
Top Bottom