Spaceship Sabotogue is OUTRAGEOUS!

Sorry, but do we run the counter esp. on the ai's citys or the one we want to protect?

Against the AI. So, you might have to perform the mission against multiple AIs depending upon how many EP's they have against you.

I personally have never used the Counter Espionage mission more than twice. I instead adjust the priorities on the Espionage Screen constantly throughout the game. As the game develops it is usually pretty obvious who your main competitors are going to be and by focusing EPs this way I can usually prevent all but the occasional farm from being destroyed.

Counterespionage mission is extremely useful. High EP rate can only go so far, whereas the mission doubles the cost of missions, making sabotage of space ship parts unlikely to happen more than once, if that. Normally, there is not that many suspects where its needed, at least I've never seen anyone but neighbors do it. As the cost increases with distance, those that are not neighbors would have a hard time pulling it off even without counterespionage.

I actually had AI land spies with subs, late in the game. Easy to tell if you the only one on the continent and been so for a while.

What I find particularly unfair is that you can subotage SS part by moving a spy into some small city somewhere on the edge of the empire. Like 3 pop one in tundra somewhere. I mean if you going to make SS part subotageable, then at least require the spies to perform the mission from the city where the part was built, or better yet the city where the Apollo Project is.

But really the cost of these missions is so high that AI rarelly has the chance to subotage the part twice. Especially since I'm building them all in bulk.

Focusing EPS does NOTHING to defend against spy Missions

if I have
100 EPs v. the Chinese
0 EP v. the Mongols
Chinese have
0 EP v. Me
100 EP v. Mongols
Mongols have
50 EP v. Me
50 EP v. Chinese
[and we all started the game in contact and never spent any EPs]

Any spy mission that any of us performs on the other has exactly the same chance of success... because we all have 100 EP (this EP includes EP that we have spent, and EP that we made while we were not in contact with anyone.)

Actually Focusing your EP on someone can encourage them to spend more EP and make them More likely to succeed against you.

There are only 2 reasons to focus EP on someone
1. you want to run a spy mission against them (including counter espionage)
2. You want the Passive intelligence benefit against them

Given the Counter Espionage cost, you only need to divert a tiny amount of EP to someone to defend against it.. what you really need to do is increase espionage production overall (and it doesn't matter if you spend it)

Top Bottom