Spring Patch Info

Look on the bright side, my fellow fanatics: at least the wait isn't Winds of Winter-levels of frustration.

Now I am expecting the patch to be released in about seven years...

Is there a way to refocus the map yet other than clicking and dragging? I remember in CiV, all you had to do was just click on a tile. Really miss that fluidity...

Uh, moving mouse to the edge of the screen?

Look on the bright side, my fellow fanatics: at least the wait isn't Winds of Winter-levels of frustration.

Now I am expecting the patch to be released in about seven years...

A whole edition of Civ could have come and gone in that time!
I suppose we don't have it so bad after all :hammer2::lmao:

Is there a way to refocus the map yet other than clicking and dragging? I remember in CiV, all you had to do was just click on a tile. Really miss that fluidity...

What Leyrann said; and you can use your directional keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really is quite amazing (perplexing) that there has been such a huge gap between releasing the video and releasing the patch. Stating the obvious I know, but either the video really did get released waaaay earlier than they planned (but then, why would a video be filmed so far in advance??) or something has really gone wrong.

Given that it was mentioned that they ended up rolling back their QA patch a few weeks and are catching up, I'm guessing that they had planned for, say, the video to go out Wednesday and the patch to be released Thursday. But then something came up at the last second that has caused them all hella trouble to find and fix, but the video was either already out or someone forgot to stop the timed post.

I mean, if they had intended all along to only release the patch next week, why would they even have filmed the update video like a month before it went live? The video is the sort of thing you do only when you've finalized the contents of the patch, in case if there's some other last minute thing that you want to fix and mention.

Are there any updates on latest builds that could indicate that there will be a release of the spring patch next week? How many days(weeks) is the present rollback at this moment. Or do we know knothing at this point. Firaxis is not helping much publicly.

I’m all in favor of delaying a patch a couple of weeks to avoid possible game breaking bugs. Its just the silent treatment by firaxis that is killing me.

Playing chess on my spare time keeps me sane. Besides some battle brothers. That games economy is brutal

Are there any updates on latest builds that could indicate that there will be a release of the spring patch next week? How many days(weeks) is the present rollback at this moment. Or do we know knothing at this point. Firaxis is not helping much publicly.

I’m all in favor of delaying a patch a couple of weeks to avoid possible game breaking bugs. Its just the silent treatment by firaxis that is killing me.

Playing chess on my spare time keeps me sane. Besides some battle brothers. That games economy is brutal

The last rollback occurred on the 19th. Since then there were 5 build updates. However, 3 of them were the same build repeating. So I think it really should only count as 3 build updates. It has been several days since the last one. If it is next week, I would wager on Thursday instead of Tuesday.

A whole edition of Civ could have come and gone in that time!
I suppose we don't have it so bad after all :hammer2::lmao:
Unless you have been waiting for that too. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but I still keep trying to use the arrow keys to move my units . . .

Yeah, and I miss that too :wallbash: but that was the numpad, not the dedicated arrow keys. So you shouldn't mistake them.

If bored waiting for the patch you could always quality check this for me. Updated for R&F and extra info included from discoveries.

Amenities and Happiness Guide

So, that "last post" was really a pre-pre-pre-last post, wasn't it? ;)

I knew you wouldn't go too far away... from experience. I tried. Max achievement was 18 months or so.

I predict it will come out sometime this year.

I don't mind waiting, I'd rather it done right than done fast.

Top Bottom