1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Patch Info

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Reckoner

Reckoner Chieftain

2. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

So is the patch released? if not when will it be released?

3. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Soon

(sorry I just had to do a Pete Murray quote).

CPWimmer likes this.
  4. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

I'm going with they gave her a raise. Which she'll earn, handling all the "where is the patch" emails :lol:

Reckoner and nzcamel like this.
  5. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

Shoot, I really thought it would be out today. Hopefully next week.

RohirrimElf and Leathaface like this.
  6. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

The patch will be released when they are ready to release it

Duuk, Stilgar08, Leyrann and 5 others like this.
  7. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Me too. Well at least there is time to get another game in.

8. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Cut your lousy hairs!

The 100% Magnus chop bonus wouldn't have made an apparition with that approach.(pre DLC releases included)

9. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Not for me. Its frustrating. Ah well.

10. timmychompchomp

timmychompchomp Chieftain

It has, over the last week and a half, become apparent to me that the initial posting of the video about the upcoming patch was posted inadvertently or prematurely. As a result the community was expecting it to drop sooner than it has. There is also the possibility of a last minute bug that needs to be fixed. Either way there is an issue for many dedicated fans because the pattern has been broke. They had a system and an issue has derailed that pattern and people, in general, take comfort in consistency or routine.

From that I believe its how this manner is being addressed by 2k or Firaxis that irks some. Some people accept the silence, some do not. We all have different needs and expectations, when not met, we get irritated and some vocal. Im not sure there is a way for Firaxis to win on this issue with everyone so have chosen to stay quiet.

Personally, I would like to know what happened with the video and the patch, but can fully understand why they might not put out why this patch roll out was messier than others. They may after the fact. I believe the only negatives to be delay for what some feel are game breaking bug fixes or avoiding starting another game for fear the patch will some how ruin a good start or whatever.

Ultimately I actually feel bad for Firaxis here because a simple slip up has caused a small amount of stress or discontent in the dedicated community, and that can have a real affect later on the consumer experience. I truly feel they are stuck in a hard place. Which sounds worse, admitting the Facebook mistake or the bug? Also, how does it hurt the company and who does that hurt inside the company?

I feel for you guys at Firaxis, hang in there. My advice give us some feedback, even if its not the whole story,or just an acknowledgement you appreciate the anticipation and interest. I know I feel better when someone validates my concerns, even if they decide against me.

Just my thoughts as I wait in anticipation of game improvements.

11. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

Reading too much into things is the entire point of this forum, and literally all we do here.
    Second, this is not a bad thing, or a sign of decline in the general sense either.
    What is the alternative? Only ever looking ahead in single linear direction,
    never bringing your eyes up from the ground four feet ahead?
    I'd call that blind, or close enough to it.
    Better to be able to look around and see things that aren't there along with everything else.

He acknowledged that this is speculation -prefacing the statement with "Maybe". It is not so hard to exercise an open mind, and consider an idea without accepting it.
    This quality is a strength, there is no need to belittle him for it.
    We're all here to read too much into things.
    This is just a videogame.
    And this is just a patch to a videogame.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  12. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Reading the last, I don't know, 20 pages of this thread, somehow I imagine FXS people reading it and laughing their heads off at us... is it only my impression or did we reach a point of speculative boredom that could well be the laughing stock of FXS? If so, we better stop it or ask for the thread to be closed, as we may involuntarily be conspiring against ourselves by providing funny reasons to FXS to delay the patch in order to read more of the latest, almost nonsensical speculative boredom we are generating as of late...

Just sayin'... before somebody finds a release date for the patch in Sarah's new hair color (which might be blue, meaning May perhaps?)... :lol::lol:

Jkchart and WillowBrook like this.
  13. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

IIRC, a few of the early patches dropped in the evening Firaxis time, so I'm giving them about an hour, and if there's still nothing, it's a new game for me.

Leathaface likes this.
  14. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I do wish they gave us a little more hints that the patch would have been this delayed. I was travelling since the last patch dropped until a couple weeks ago, but since I saw the video, figured that the patch was "imminent" so have held off starting a new game in order to not have to learn one patch and have the game change on me halfway through. Had I known I would have gotten at least one if not a couple games in the meantime.

Oh well, just means I've done other stuff. Hopefully it will drop soon, though, as the longer we go, the more I expect it will just drop on us any minute, so I'm continuing to hold off.

15. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

Is there a way to refocus the map yet other than clicking and dragging? I remember in CiV, all you had to do was just click on a tile. Really miss that fluidity...

16. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

There might be a "Funniest forum quote" thread in Firaxis internal forums somewhere.

And @FXS_Sarah's gigglish laugh echoes while reading.

17. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

It can and WILL be fixed, won't it Firixas? :trouble: ;)

Nah, that gif indicates a bit more than just a great meeting...

18. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

It really is quite amazing (perplexing) that there has been such a huge gap between releasing the video and releasing the patch. Stating the obvious I know, but either the video really did get released waaaay earlier than they planned (but then, why would a video be filmed so far in advance??) or something has really gone wrong.

19. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

Look on the bright side, my fellow fanatics: at least the wait isn't Winds of Winter-levels of frustration.

sonicmyst, Jkchart, Duuk and 3 others like this.
  20. SirWill90

SirWill90 Warlord

I kind of hope they don't have the time just now to be perusing this particular thread. ;)

Aristos and nzcamel like this.