Sri Lanka 2: A Tamil Narrative (not an OCC) for RFC DoC

yay, now teh epic narration comes with teh epic pictures :D

Government Reports, Part 2: Chronicled Peace

Compiled by Adiyaman, Secretary and Chief General Assistant to the Emperor, and Karthikai, Chief Government Archivist, dated to roughly 50 BC

During the next few years, there was peace throughout the empire. More buildings and infrastructure were finished, and the project of building a Great Oracle was started in Kachnipuram.

Also, several technological advancements were made during the time.

The one military event during that time was when the Archer Garrison of Kachnipuram attacked a group of barbarian War Elephants. Despite being outpowered in every way, they came out unscathed (in RFC the first few barb fights are free wins).

During this time, our exploring missionaries met Hannibal of the maritime power of the Phoenicians. However, most of the missionaries died when they were attacked by barbarians outside of Roman territory.

Also, on their way back from Korea, the exploring galley secured a trade deal with China.

The most notable events during this time were the two chronicles on the rankings of civilizations, on the wealth and scientific advancement and made by the Venerable Bede and St. Augustine, respectively.

End of report.

fantastitabulissuperriffic update:goodjob:!

Captain's Log, Part 1: China

Generously donated to the government by direct descendants of Captain Sevaanam, Captain of the First Eastward Expedition.

Day 1: Sunny

Today we left Anuradhapura amidst cheering and fanfare. While I am excited to see many new people and places, I fear that I will never return home to my wife and my son, Oliveanthan. Then again, Oliveanthan is mostly grown-up, and his quiet but pleasant presence will bring him far in life. Personal thoughts aside, we sailed through calm waters all day. Rations and morale are high.

Day 32: Slightly Cloudy

Today, the crew met a group of seminomadic peoples living opposite several days of the easternmost shores of India. The area that they reside in is called Pagan. We traded a bit and stayed there for the night. A real bed has never felt so good...

Day 57: Boiling Hot

For the past few days, we have been camping in a group of straits the natives call "Malacca". The abundance of small islands like Sri Lanka and the climate remind most of us of home. As a result, many of us are feeling quite homesick, including myself. Oh, do I miss (the name is illegible through tears) and Oliveanthan. If only my family could be here...

Day 84: Ominously Cloudy

Today, we arrived in a very distant land called "China". The natives are settled in cities much like ours, and practice a lifestyle of farming. Technologically, they are on pace or more advanced than us, and their technological sophistication never ceases to amaze me. While they look and speak very differently than any other civilization we know, the Chinese have many things in common with us. Oh, it is raining hard now. I must stop now to prevent this from getting wet.

Day 98: Windy

After 2 weeks of staying with the Chinese, we are finally departing to the north. For the past 2 weeks, we have enjoyed nearly everything. The food was amazing, and there was no cow in anything. The Chinese empire is massive, and their territory stretches more extensively than both our empire and the Maurya empire combined. Not only that, but their territory is overflowing with various resources that are being used by the Chinese. Their roads are organized enough that we were even allowed to send mail back home! We saw various dyes, felt the softness of silk, and enjoyed eating bananas, pigs, and clams, which are kinds of food that we had never heard of beforehand. The Chinese people are also very friendly and welcoming. There are two major religions in China, Confucianism and Taoism, and both are very different from Indian religions. While Buddhism has a small presence in the port we are staying at, its influence is not as widespread as the two previously mentioned. The Chinese also have a very strong military, and have built a Great Wall stretching across northern China to repel the savage Barbarians that plague them. Now, the winds are picking up, and I must direct the usage of the sails...

On a brief side note, I have redone my Babylon game, and for all of you that were angry or sad to see the story die, I will be starting up a new thread sometime tomorrow. Thanks!

that update reminded me of star trek a little when i read
Captain's Log
at the beginning :D

oh and, i'm glad to see babylon return :thumbsup:

Captain's Log: Part 2: Korea

Day 106: A little Foggy

Today, following the Chinese admiral's orders, we encountered an island chain they call "the Philippines". After encountering an island they call "Taiwan", we still have to go to "Japan" before we find the other civilization in East Asia. Morale is starting to dip lower and lower every day. Some say that we should just go home to report on China rather than look for the other nation. The island chain itself is very fertile and rich, though the people are not really urbanized yet. IF things get much worse in terms of morale, there might be a mutiny or something like that, or I may have to punish the ringleaders. Being a captain isn't easy!

Day 120: Sunny

A few days ago, we made it to the place called "Japan". We found the southernmost island of Japan, as we did a little bit more exploring over the past few days and found three other big islands. The Japanese people appear to be on the cusp of setting down and forming into a true political entity. Fish is rich around the islands, and natural resources are relatively abundant on the islands. Morale is getting worse, and I have heard talk of mutiny, so I might have to take decisive action.

Day 123: Windy

Today, we made it to Korea much earlier than anyone expected. This has caused morale to go up and most people to forget about the "mutiny". The civilization seems very young compared to China, and Korea is not nearly as big as China. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a larger empire. We talked to their leader, Wang Kon, for a while, and fortunately for us, we didn't lose anything in translation because the Chinese sent an interpreter with us. They served us a lot of tasty food, and much to our surprise, they were Buddhist instead of Confucian or Taoist. We will stay here for a few more days, then start to return home!

another brilliant update from mr.random :goodjob:

Westward Missionaries, Part 3: Greece

Sorry if this mail took so long to arrive. Greece is much farther away than Persia. It is a hilly country, not a desert, and there are many small islands. There are a few forests, and sheep and vineyards are abundant. There are also rich deposits of stone and marble, which the Greeks have used to build many wonders of the world. The Greeks are highly urbanized, much like us, but they exist in many small city-states that are in a league to fight Persia, their mortal enemy. There are many impressive Greeks cities like Sparte, Apollonia, Byzantion, and Ankyra, but all of us found Athenai (Athens) to be the most impressive. It had many temples and vast monuments to their gods. Like us, the Greeks have a state Pantheon instead of a state religion. Their deities seem to be influenced by other Pantheons a little bit, and their Pantheon seems to influence many others. For a long time, the Greeks were peaceful, but when Persia became a massive threat, the various city-states banded together in a league. Now, according to the Greeks, a massive army is being prepared to invade Persia and also possibly Egypt. It is composed of Hoplites and Catapults. The Hoplite is an infantry with extremely long pikes, making them very effective against Chariots, yet they seem just as strong as Axemen. Overall, their military is quite fascinating. The people are extremely nice and hospitable. The ones that live in cities tend to live in crowded tenements, and the people that live in the countryside live in either small farms or big manors. Overall, the Greeks are a fascinating people and we hope to learn more about them.

Sincerely,

Chinnakili, Explorer and Missionary of the Chola Empire

great update! oh, and you should make your state religion Buddhism :D

its better then nothing :D

oh and this is the 50th reply to this story, btw :D

oooooooooo aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee wwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeee sssspppppppppaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg lllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrss!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Westward Missionaries, Part 4: Rome

I am assuming this mail took much longer to get back than the one to Greece. Not to worry, since the Romans have assured us that there are no other civilizations west of them. The Romans are a relatively new civilization settled on their own peninsula, known as Italy. Italy is a land full of strategic natural resources such as iron, stone, and marble. Wine, wheat, fish, and clams are also relatively common. The north is quite fertile, because most settlement in in the valley of the Po river. The south is much drier and hillier, and supports slightly less agriculture. The Roman's capital, Rome, is in the center, and is also on the river. It is a relatively rich and cultured city, though compared to previous sights, it didn't seem amazing. The Romans also owned a few other cities, namely Mediolanum and Pompeii. The Romans also have a state Pantheon, and it is evidently derived from the Greek pantheon. However, the Romans have a ridiculously strong military. Their army is primarily based on their heavy infantry, the Legions. They are very powerful in a group, and they are also skilled in building roads. The rest of their army is supplemented with auxiliaries from various other provinces, and they tend to be archers and light cavalry. Considering that the Romans are quite imperialistic and militaristic, I would not be surprised if one day they controlled the whole Mediterranean. The only true threat to the Romans would be the Barbarians. While in terms of fighting style, they are far inferior to the Romans, they have sheer numbers. Even if the Romans conquered the whole Mediterranean and formed it into one empire, a huge horde of barbarians might spell downfall to this mighty empire. Overall, the Romans are incredibly powerful, and I hope that our empire could make some sort of alliance with us.

Sincerely,

Chinnakili, Missionary and Explorer of the Chola Empire

Archivist's Note: Shortly after this letter was sent, the missionary party was ambushed by barbarian axemen. Only Chinnakili and a few others managed to escape and make it back to Anuradhapura, so this concludes the series of letters.

i'd love to see how long it would take a letter to travel from a place like... Incaland:lol:!

No updates tomorrow, because I will be at the SCG Sommerset Sealed Classic.

My computer/flash drive with my screenshots is being screwy with me, so no gameplay reports today. Sorry!

i hope it's not broke, because then we don't get updates :cry:

If it is, I can just reupload them onto a different flash drive. I thought it would take too much time tonight, and plus, I wanted to play civ and watch Bleach...

Top Bottom