1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Standard deity playthrough (2)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Pedro78, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Lain

Lain King

Pretty much, yes :). Well, I leave the save for education purposes. Can end turn now and the vote disappears. I take it as learning experience, can't win every game. Though this was unnecessary of course :).

And about Sitting Bull... I went for him because I saw the long-term risk of him conquering Shaka and then you have 15 city Sitting Bull + Shaka on that continent and it becomes hard to land later. On the other hand, Augustus is close "anyway" and can be taken out later with Bombers+Fighters very easily. Also, I took 7 cities from Sitting Bull and needed as long as you did for Augustus, who had 14 cities. Cannons are much slower than Cavalry and it would have taken a long time to clean 14 cities :D.

But basically I thought that Sitting Bull might become a problem later so I took care of him. Augustus can't win the game here no matter what he does.

Attached Files:

2. Pedro78

Pedro78 King

Well I understand the logic behind you going for Sitting Bull now. It just didn't hit my mind because my game's Sitting Bull was a pushover. That's kinda weird, though, because his super-protective archers usually keep him safe from early rushes. My previous game saw Sitting Bull with CG3 infantry on hilled cities, so he can definitely be a PITA if he wants to lol.

I actually never played with Bombers + Fighters, should definitely try this type of war.

Gotta love the save file's name :D

3. sampsa

sampsa Ghost

GG guys, and nice, educational thread. Sorry to see Lain having to start the count to 100 from zero. ;)

Fun to see so many deity games all of the sudden on the forum. I don't have the time to play many games now, so I'm just lurking most of the threads, but maybe we should start a single "Deitys' club"-type of game in the near future?

4. Pedro78

Pedro78 King

Well that might be a good idea if there is enough people playing it. Not too sure about how to set this up, though, especially as most people enjoy different types of maps/settings.

5. DrCron

DrCron Prince

The only way I know to deal with this is to get the AP religion in advance so you can spread it throughout your empire (and maybe to someone else who hates the AP owner). It looks like in this game there was no way you could have done that, so yeah, extremely unlucky.

Yup. If Toku is in this game you might have to build a crappy city next to him, spread the AP religion to the city and then gift it to him. But apart from that this tends to be the easiest way to win the game.

6. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Better than using Theo would be spreading 1 other Reli into all your cities that have none :)
    It's difficult to remember ofc, but if you have no reli-free city (and capture none with the AP reli) it cannot happen.

7. Lain

Lain King

I didn't know that. Why does a religion in all cities prevent AP win vote? Buddhism could still spread into one of my cities no?

Seems I don't know all about the AP either~

8. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Auto spreads can only happen into cities with no Reli, and AIs never send missios across sea :)

9. Lain

Lain King

oo Okay, didn't know that about autospread. Thought it can always happen. Good to know, thanks :)

10. elmurcis

elmurcis Emperor

Hmm... this is not exactly true (overall) :) AI can use Caravels to send Missionaries (I guess certain leader if have shrine?). "What?" - religion has spread to capital? what where, I have 2 religions there already?! Oh, Caravel going back to (India) city where another missionary is waiting. So in short time got "package" for 4 cities across the ocean :D