Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

no other night action to report, except me trolling Tim :p

@Empoof: hope we'll see you in future games here!

It should be noted that I sent that "night orders at your convenience" message as a joke to begin with, since Raskol and Arakhor were the only two players who didn't have any night actions available, generally. Arakhor did, but only on night three, and Raskol's ability was actually a noon action, not a night action.

Things I am disappointed about:

1) Raskol was never pushed into using his ability so I could see the uproar it would have caused.

2) When Visor tried to scan Arakhor night two the RNG let him down. Visor had already shown a bit of tension with the RNG, and I was already in possession of Captain Kirk's "hey I'm gonna publicly suss on Visor" and the Klingon's attempt to kill him. I was pretty sure that "You have collected sufficient DNA and your tricorder reveals that Arakhor is...a Romulan," would merit a hearty "WTF is going on around here?" day from Visor that would have been really interesting to watch.

No doubt at which point Visor would have tried to get me lynched rather harder than he already tried. :shifty:

No doubt at which point Visor would have tried to get me lynched rather harder than he already tried. :shifty:

Well, yeah...for your sake it was good that the RNG was not on his side that day. Another interesting thing...the night that his scan worked and he caught Dolby up until like five minutes to the deadline he was going to target you again. That last day would have played out much differently, and may well have not been the last day, if he had not switched.

Nothing a hypospray won't cure. :)

Tim in the Klingon QT (to poof about LA):

"You haven't been here for the Argon reign of terror, but he claims, reclaims, fake claims, assigns claims, and just all around larks claims pretty much every game."

The children of our children will remember LA as a true legend.

:thumbsup:

I am sad nobody got my incredibly cryptic clue about who Visorslash was.

:nono:

I did (see my earlier comment after the end game). I didn t voice it because I didn t want to draw much attention on myself :p
Also, it was clear enough imo.

LOL...everyone probably got your blatant reference to the role of Visorslash, but everyone else recognized the rule and didn't talk to you about it. I didn't kill you for it because even though you did happen to be right you somehow got there following a path that was completely wrong. This is the text of "Kirk's choice:"

You may include one of the following, if you choose:

A) It has come to my attention that ______ could be one of the Klingons. Keep an eye on him/her.

B) I have strong reasons to believe that ______ is a Klingon. They should be under constant supervision by armed crewmen.

C) I am absolutely certain that _______ is a Klingon. They should be spaced immediately.

D) I do not suspect that _______ is a Klingon.

E) I am certain that ________ is not a Klingon.

Consider these options, and the consequences, carefully. These opinions will carry the weight of Captain Kirk, known to be a crew member and not a Klingon.

It never dawned on me that a 'heroic redshirt' might take the words 'armed crewmen' as some sort of reference to themselves, and the fact that Syns wanted to suss Visor on the same night that Spock was targeted by the Klingons was pure coincidence.

I wasn't even referring to a star trek episode, but a different tv show with Leonard Nimoy in it.

Consider these options, and the consequences, carefully. These opinions will carry the weight of Captain Kirk, known to be a crew member and not a Klingon.

That bit really didn't come across as definitely being from the Captain.

You should probably be glad, because if anyone had taken you seriously, Tim would likely have got out his mod-killing gun.

That bit really didn't come across as definitely being from the Captain.

I kinda expected the bold face type and prefacing it with "This is the captain speaking..." would get that across and was some balance between mystified and amused at the resulting chaos.

Me too. As a player, I really thought it couldn't be more obvious. I even said something to the effect that it clesrly must be Kirk because it was a voice message that we all recognised as Kirk and you may imitate Shatner but you can't be Shatner or something.

In other words, Tim could never have made it more obvious and it was just players' paranoia and mistrust of GMs that might lead them to any other conclusion. :p

I didn't get it when you first mentioned it, but I did after Kirk's second announcement. The reason I got it was because I received a warning from Tim about the deadline to post night orders. After @Takhisis /McCoy got spaced and I yelled at everyone, I gave Tim a standing order that I wasn't night-protecting anyone anymore. When Tim notified me that this was not acceptable, and I needed to enter orders each night or face consequences, it dawned on me that the Kirk announcements were a result of night orders, and the only way you would know about it was if you were crew, which immediately made me believe that @Visorslash was also crew.
LOL...everyone probably got your blatant reference to the role of Visorslash, but everyone else recognized the rule and didn't talk to you about it. I didn't kill you for it because even though you did happen to be right you somehow got there following a path that was completely wrong. This is the text of "Kirk's choice:"

You may include one of the following, if you choose:

A) It has come to my attention that ______ could be one of the Klingons. Keep an eye on him/her.

B) I have strong reasons to believe that ______ is a Klingon. They should be under constant supervision by armed crewmen.

C) I am absolutely certain that _______ is a Klingon. They should be spaced immediately.

D) I do not suspect that _______ is a Klingon.

E) I am certain that ________ is not a Klingon.

It never dawned on me that a 'heroic redshirt' might take the words 'armed crewmen' as some sort of reference to themselves, and the fact that Syns wanted to suss Visor on the same night that Spock was targeted by the Klingons was pure coincidence.
I didn't read it that way, at least not at first, but when we got the second announcement about @Synsensa not being Klingon, it definitely made me as a Redshirt think this had somethign to do with our night orders... I even considered that being featured in the announcement might be a moderator punishment for not sending night orders. At a minimum, I knew it was connected to night orders.

The most importsnt thing to remember is that these are players you're dealing with, not humans.

Top Bottom