Star Trek: The Dominion War

sum_aar_jam

Warlord
In 2373, The Cardassian Union joined the Dominion, a powerful race in the Gamma Quadrant. This set the stage for one of the most destructive wars to ever hit the Alpha Quadrant. The United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire banded together to stop the Dominion from conquering the Alpha Quadrant while the Romulan Star Empire, the Ferengi Alliance, and the Tzenkethi Coalition signed non-aggression pacts in an effort to stay out of the fighting.

Will you play as the peaceful Federation, trying to restore peace and survive against the onslaught or as the Klingon Empire seeking to expand through military means. Will you control the mighty Jem'Hadar armies and control the Alpha Quadrant or play as the sneaky Romulans and watch the bloody war unfold seeking an opportunity to benefit from the conflict? Will you play one of the minor powers and ally with one of the major civilizations and use you military to tip the balance of power in the Quadrant? The choice is yours....

Finally after, years of tweaking and making, I finally have created the Dominion Wars Scenario. I have tested this game somewhat, so advice and critique is very much welcomed. Play and have fun

Moderator Action: Broken download updated - Blake00
Download Link:
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/STDominionWar.7z

Last edited by a moderator:
Reserved for screenies

Attachments

• earth Defense Fleet.JPG
    earth Defense Fleet.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 1,291
  • The Great Wonders.JPG
    The Great Wonders.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 925
  • Tech Tree.JPG
    Tech Tree.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 993
OMG!!! Star Trek? That is awesome man! Im dling it now. I'll let ya know what I think

dd. I dled it ok, but when I tried to open the game it said something about a missing entry in the "PediaIcons". There was also something about Homeworld_Buildings not being there. = (

Very odd....let me see what I can do about it. It was working perfectly when I uploaded it. Perhaps something went wrong with the upload.....

EDIT: Alrighty, I have reuploaded the file, downloaded the file from atomicgamer, and played a little without a hitch. It should be bug free as far as my limited tech skills are concerned. If other problems pop up lit me know right away

Nice, a Civ 3 Star Trek scenario! Based on the old Civ 3 Star Trek mod?

I'll download it and take a look at it.

Alright! I got it to work now. I have one thing to say: Impressive!

For such a small and easy to run map (only 52 mbs right?) it was well thought out and designed.

I started as the Federation. The Klingons and I have carved up the Dominion. I have wiped out most of their fleet and am systematically taking over their planets (including their homeworld!). However the Romulans are attacking the eastern part of my Galaxy. Is there any way that I can see their cloaked ships? Without knowing where their ships are my Galaxies are getting pwned. = )

Only the Scout classes of each civilization are capable of searching for cloaked vessels. This includes for the Federation, the Oberth, the Intrepid, and the Sovereign and Prometheus.

BTW: How easy did it take for you to conquer the Dominion? Should I make the Dominion a bit tougher (Give them more units, change ship stats, etc.) or was it a challenging endeavor?

Thanks for the wonderful comments. Well appreciated. Enjoy the game:)

i would make them a bit stronger and also more production so they can produce more ships faster

Have not had much luck trying to download it since it seems to hang at various points of the download. I have tried several different times of day, but no dice.

Yes Dominion fell pretty easily. I allowed my Klingon allies to bound forward as my meat shield the first turn or two, then followed up with the Galaxies. I like the fact that ships can basically take over planets by themselves with their multiple bombard though.

Yeah I need to make the Dominion a bit stronger...It is a War BTW not a campaign battle. Great Strategy on having the Klingons go first as cannon fodder :). I beat they got a lot of glory, abiet in stovakor.

Had no luck trying to download this off the website. I got as far as 63%. Got another spot to host it by chance? Looks good and I would not mind giving it a shot.

yea they go down to easy. I dont know if you followed the war itself, but the Federation almost lost, it wasnt untill the Romulans joined the fight that anyone had a chance.

Take the Battle of Cardassia for example it took the assembled fleets of the Federation, Klingons and Romulans

Also I dont know if its possible but can you triger the founders plauge to have an effect that weakens there units stats or something, it weakened the domion morale in the war

I did follow the Dominion War and gave the Dominion twice the number of starting units as the Federation, loks like I need to increase that number. Maybe five times as many units.

So has anyone else tried this Scenario.....Remember comments can improve a person's work and make them want to make more scenarios in the future:)

Just started this up, and so far I like what I see. I'll be sure to give you some feedback as soon as I get further in.

One question so far. I'm playing as the Klingons, and I noticed that while it lets me build my Lagh ground units if they're already selected to be produced, I can't make a colony produce one if it doesn't already have one in the queue. I'm guessing it's because there isn't a technology designated as granting them to me. Is this intentional? If not, maybe the Federation/Klingon Alliance tech should allow Lagh soldiers?

The Klingon Startech (which is a Klingon only technology) allows the Klingon Empire to build the Lagh Ground Soldiers since the Lagh is the first tier ground unit in the Klingon's arsenal.

Top Bottom