Star Wars Mod

Also, the "special resources" on a planet could be nothing more than the names of the planet's race, or the type of space-ships historically produced there.

Well about the star trek mod.. I didnt play it nor see it,
so I knew nothing about it.

as for hyper-space travel.. I presume all spaceships use it so theoreticly we dont even need it. In galactic civilizations regular travel weas taken as hyper-space so there was no problem and here would be the same, of course only problem would be unrealistic distances betwen stars.

about those "space resources" being various races is a good one
I liked the idea in master of magic mod for civ3(it was a different title though)
and here fits in great as well.

How would "the force" be implemented in the mod. As a promotion or maybe something more?

i've tried it, and man, you need a skinner!
-Also you should remove the other civs to create a star wars environment.
sorry if I sound like an intense critic
p.s. you need a new mirror.

I just thought about this today when I was playing KOTOR II (again haha) but you should definitely add the Rakatan Infinite Empire (featured in KOTOR I). They conquered much of the galaxy and had around a trillion slaves at their peak, before plague and slave rebellions made them fall back to their homeworld.

You could add the Star Forge as a wonder for civs to build in your mod.

-Haarbal, you know where'd we be without you? Wasting our time on Rapidshare, of course! Thanks

Have you visited the Star Wars Wiki? It's probably the best source of star wars info on the 'net.

Here are a few ideas for religions.
Light Side (Jedi)
Dark Side (Sith)
Dim-U
Yuuzhan Vong religion

I really think the "Space" units should be naval. The large ships anyway. You could still use the small fighter crafts as air units that could perhaps "dock" on the larger "naval" ships.

The only practical way to accomplish this mod to use water as your proverbial "Space". Although, I do recommend converting the water terrains into a space terrain, or waiting until someone creates a space terrain.

Someone already created a "Red" sea terrain. (Although it looks a bit like lava) I'm sure someone could create a "Black" sea you could use as space.

Hi.

I think this is a great mod idea Civmansam.

I can't help you out I'm afraid. I'm all thumbs when it comes to these sort of things. Just thought I would drop a line saying good idea.

Please keep it going. I'm looking forward to the full mod.

Later!

Good idea about the small craft docking on the larger naval craft, the aircraft carrier certainly springs to mind for this purpose, a bunch of 'thai fighters' zooming out of a deathstar or imperial star destroyers would be the go.
Other cool things might be malorean armor like jenga / bobba fett, the AT-AT's from empire were a quality unit as well as were the speeder bikes or even a land speeder.
another good land unit would be a sand people based on the war elephant, riding on those big wooly mamoth Taun Tauns.
Just to go right out there and i don't actually know what is possible with the scriptingis, is it possible to make all "planets" barbarian with each planet only being able to produce one type of UU, for example the Endor barbarians, once conquored means that the Civ can now build Ewok UU's. Maybe even some barbarians will be friendly depending on your civs or religions.
so many possibilities

hussar said:
Just to go right out there and i don't actually know what is possible with the scriptingis, is it possible to make all "planets" barbarian with each planet only being able to produce one type of UU, for example the Endor barbarians, once conquored means that the Civ can now build Ewok UU's. Maybe even some barbarians will be friendly depending on your civs or religions.
so many possibilities

It is certainly possible. All you need is an "Ewok" resource on the Ewok barbarian planet. All you will have to do is manually place the Ewoks on their "planet" and place the resource near the barb camp. Make these ewok "resources" required for Ewok units. Build a city near the resource, build a Space Port that connects your city to your capital, and voila' you can build Ewoks throughout your empire. You could do the same thing with the Wookies, (Perhaps even make them a requirement for a slave building that adds to production, enabled by a Slave civic), Taun Tauns, or even those lizard looking things... So many possibilities.

Ah yes, and I'm glad someone liked my "Little Ships Docking on the Big Ships" idea.

Oh and some ideas for civics:

Gov't:

Republic: +1 Happines in top 3 cities; Enables unique unit Clone Soldier
Empire: -1 Happiness in top 3 cities; -10% culture in top 3 cities; No maintanence due to distance from capital; +25% military production; Enables unique unit "Imperial Guard"

Here are some Civic ideas. I didn't know how you were going to set up technology or how many different civic groups you wanted. I've been watching this mods updates, but I haven't downloaded it yet and waiting for it to at least get to version 1.0. Hope this helps though, I love Star Wars.

Governments
Communal: No Bonus
Gang Manipulation: -1 Unhappiness in all cities, +50% Commerce
Secret Sith Control: +25% Unit Production, +3 Happiness in Capital
Democracy: +2 Happiness in all cities
Military Council: +50% Unit Production, -10% War Warriness
Jedi Protected Republic: +50% Great Person Capital, +25% Commerce

Commerce
Barter: No Bonus
Wookie Slave Trade: +10% Production
Trade Guilds: +2 Trade Routes per city.
Independent Business: +10% Commerce, +1 Happiness in all cities
Sith Weapons Industry: +25% Unit Production, -2 Happiness in Capital

Military
Tribal Warfare: No Bonus
Mandalorian Tradition: +5 Exp for units
Sith Academies: +10% Unit Production
Jedi Academies: +5% Unit Production, +1 Happiness in cities with Barracks (or Academy).
Droid Army: Free Units
Clone Army: +3 Exp, Free Units (not as many as Droid Army).

Haarbal said:
New mirror!
version 0.4 here

@civmansam
you need to update the link in the first post :)

Why do my mirrors never work!
I always load it on the mirror but it doesn't work:mad: :mad: :mad:

Good solution Lemonhead,
what about creating 50 or so CIV's for the mod; like grimorian guards, Jawas etc and give each CIV a special barracks in their city that can only produce that type of warrior. Access to a resource can be interupted, which doesn't ring true to me the wookies can no longer produce soldiers because somone choked the resource.
In this way the Wookie CIV starts with a building called something like 'jungle training pen' that did something like +1 Health, can produce Wookies.
The Sand People Civ, on the Planet Tatoine start the game with a building named something like 'Desert Bhurka' which does -1 culture, can produce sand people.
With the use of a special CIV specific barracks that civ can allways produce that unit as long as they occupy the planet. The other foreseeable advantage is that early in the game you may be able to produce enough soldiers to attack Endor and start producing your Ewoks, it would be far too hard to capture say the hutt planet, in this way as you grow in power you can dominate more and more planets and produce more and more different types of unit.
I shudder to think how much virtual memory the game would use up with 50 civs, and as i said before i'm no good with scripting, not even sure if its possible, just throwing around ideas.
CIVMANSAM, if this seems like too much research I would be happy to watch all 6 movies in the name of research for you.

What about some barbarians that travel around the space squares that are Mynocks, that slowly destroy ships?

What about some Legendary units like Han Solo or Yoda, Kaen had Legendary units in the Fall From Heavan Mod so it must be possible,

Top Bottom