Star Wars: The Clone Wars (0.30b)

Pleb

Jedi Knight
Star Wars: A New Mod
The Clone Wars

I. Introduction

This mod was originally started by tpasmall, someone who had a dream to see Civilization III be remade in the vision of Star Wars. Although now tpasmall has now left the project, as with most of the original staff, a small group of us have put all the work that was developed for the mod, and redesigned it to fit the standards of today's Civilization III.

When completed, this mod will change almost every aspect of the game, and yet keeping it the same strategy game, but modeled on the Star Wars universe. Whether you chose to be the tyrannical Galactic Empire, or the freedom fighting Rebel Alliance, or maybe fight an older battle with the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy, the force will be with you.

The Clone Wars is the first installment of Star Wars: A New Mod. It will feature the clone armies of the Galactic Republic, pitted against the droid armies of the Confederacy, across an accurate map of the Star Wars Universe, or a random generated Galaxy.

II. Installation

Very simple. Extract all the files to the Conquests main folder in your Civilization III main directory. That's all there is to it.

III. Conquest Scenarios

Included with The Clone Wars, is a Conquest Scenario of The Battle of Geonosis, playable from both sides. In this battle, Count Dooku has just escaped from Geonosis, and the Republic have captured the hangar containing Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. But the battle is not over yet. The Arena where the fighting first took place is the location of the Confederacy base on Geonosis and must either be captured or destroyed. The droid army of the Confederacy has surrounded the Arena, and Jedi Master Windu has put together a huge attack force at Command Post Alpha. If either Command Post Alpha or the Arena fall, the battle is over. Good luck, Commander!

IV. Unfinished Work

The current features are missing/need to be fixed:
  • Music needs to be implimented
  • Several units need to be fixed
  • Several units need to be created
  • Some Civilopedia entries need to be fixed/updated
  • City(Colony) GFX needs to be created
  • Accurate Star Wars Map feature to be implimented

V. Credits

UNITS:

ARC Trooper - jobiwan7
AT-TE - Pleb
AT-XT - Pleb
Battle Droid - tpasmall
Bounty Hunter - Pleb
Clone Trooper - Pleb
Droid Control Ship - Pleb
Droid Fighter - Pleb
Federation Transport - Pleb
Geonosian Fighter - Pleb
Hailfire Droid - Pleb
Heavy Clone Trooper - Pleb
Homing Spider Droid - Pleb
Jedi Knight - Pleb
Jedi Master - Pleb/Warmaster
Jedi Padawan - TedG
Jedi Starfighter - Pleb
Laser Turret - abcman
Protocol Droid - Pleb
R2 Droid - Plastic Bag
Republic Assualt Ship - TheMorpheus
Republic Gunship - CivGeneral
Republic Transport - Jake
Separatist Transport - Pleb
Sith Apprentice - Pleb
Sith Knight - Dragon Warrior
Sith Master - tpasmall
Speederbike Clone - jobiwan7
SPHA-T - Pleb
STAP - jobiwan7
Super Battledroid - Pleb
Tank Droid - Pleb

ART:

Civilopedia Images - Pleb
Dooku Leaderhead - Pleb
Palpatine Leaderhead - Pleb
Domestic Advisor - tpasmall
Military Advisor - tpasmall
Science Advisor - tpasmall
Terrain Graphics - Lukree
Era Splashes - tpasmall
World Setup Graphics - Pleb
Tech Tree Icons - Pleb
Tech Tree Background - Sheephead

TEXT:

Civilopedia Entries - Glorfinder/Pleb
Diplomacy/Script/Label Changes - Pleb

MUSIC:

MP3 Conversion - Pleb
Music Composition - John Williams

OTHER:

Scenario Design - Pleb
Unit Fixes - Chris85/Pleb
Planet Resources - Chris85/Starknights
Unit Upgrades - TheMorpheus
Unit Sounds - Vuldacon
Tech Tree Concept - Sheephead/Pleb

SPECIAL THANKS:

Jobiwan7
Sheephead
TheMorpheus
DonStamos
Vuldacon
Glorfinder
Warmaster
tpasmall
Lukree
Chris85
GEChallenger
Runamok Monkey
Civfanatics.com
Lucas Arts
George Lucas
And anyone else who helped in any other way!

IV. Screenshots

Screenshot 1 - Race Selection (old)
Screenshot 2 - Kamino (old)
Screenshot 3 - The Battle of Genosis (old)
Screenshot 4 - Coruscant (old)
Screenshot 5 - Diplomatic Screen (old)
Screenshot 6 - Domestic Screen (old)
Screenshot 7 - Civilopedia Entry (old)
Screenshot 8 - Republic Base (new)
Screenshot 9 - Trade Federation Army (new)

V. Files
Moderator Action: Download updated
Updated version fixed by Blake00:
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/SW-TheCloneWars-Beta05b.7z
Original version:
The Clone Wars (Beta 0.5) (15.48MB)

NOTE - You will need Civilization III: Conquests (v1.22) to play this mod.

(© COPYRIGHT 2004 STAR WARS A NEW MOD)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's okay. I have a fix for psp8 to turn trial into normal version somewhere you could have...

I have noticed a bug in the random game. When either side builds a city, it's instantly destroyed. I don't know if that happens for everyone, but it has for me. The Galaxy Map works OK, though.

There is now a patch, v0.301b, that fixes the labels.txt, the Sith Apprentice icon, and extends the unit construction times. This makes the game slightly harder.

The Clone Wars BETA v0.40 is here, but without two of the three units I had hoped to be in this release. There are still problems with the two new basic bomber units I had planed for this release, so they will be released seperately, when I fix the problem. The major new addition to this download, will be the intergration of the tech tree. However, the actual scenario with the galactic map has yet to be updated, so that will also be missing from this release, are there are several issues with it that need to be addressed.

Another release of the mod is here...just a few bug fixes, and a new Scenario has been added. Enjoy!

I noticed that there is a music section and it says John Williams so I am assuming you are using the Star Wars soundrack but I was wondering, isn't that copy-protected music? I mean I don't think you can legaly distribute the music since it isn't in the public domain yet and probably never will be. It's not like I care about the law since I download and copy music myself, I was just wondering, that's all.

I will try this right away when I get to my computer that has C3C on it. I know it will be very good.

just a question. where can i find the download for the scenario of screenshot 9?

EDIT: i found an error

Attachments

• missing.jpg
    missing.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 10,415
subbss: It's an error that I haven't yet worked out. I'm sure it's quite simple, but I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment.

Bluemofia: Screenshot 9 is of an older version of this mod, that included an accurate map of the Star Wars Galaxy. This scenario is now going to be part of the main mod which will be released sometime in the future.

I may have figured out the cause of the error. There is no folder in the 'units' directory named 'Republic Gunship'. There is not only no 'ini' file as the error message suggests but htere is no art or sound or anything for the unit. The unit doesn't actually exist other than in the 'biq' file and the PediaIcons list.

I've managed to fix the problem in question here. All you have to do is add the unit known as the Republic Gunship, either with the actual unit or a temp version. This unit was obviously missed out...

Top Bottom