Static analysis

Actually I did get the same error myself, I think their servers are just a bit dodgy, try again some time.
Maybe you didn't set who can view defects and only admins (you - billw2012 and alberts) can view it?

Maybe you didn't set who can view defects and only admins (you - billw2012 and alberts) can view it?
I set you as maintainer/owner see if you can view it now. However I did double check the settings before and they appear correct, to allow anyone to view the defects.

So you can see the button like this at this link https://scan.coverity.com/projects/caveman2cosmos-caveman2cosmos?tab=overview:
Spoiler :

upload_2019-8-25_19-7-21.png

But when you click it you get 401?

Last edited:
Okay I removed you from the project, if you check again it should give you the invite button to join again. Please make sure to select the admin role and request access again. Previously you selected the view role, and even though I changed it in the project settings maybe it is broken somehow when you do that.

Okay I removed you from the project, if you check again it should give you the invite button to join again. Please make sure to select the admin role and request access again. Previously you selected the view role, and even though I changed it in the project settings maybe it is broken somehow when you do that.
I sent invite as view role before you posted. Maybe it will work this time anyway?
And it doesn't work.

So you need to reinvite me :p

Yeah I removed you again it was set for readonly and when you do that it just automatically adds you without requiring my approval, make sure to set it to contributor or maintainer

Yeah I removed you again it was set for readonly and when you do that it just automatically adds you without requiring my approval, make sure to set it to contributor or maintainer
I chose maintainer this time.

K done you should have access now, if not then I have no idea what the problem is.

No idea then sorry. Maybe an issue on your end. I connected with my second account and it worked fine, I guess it works for alberts as well.

No idea then sorry. Maybe an issue on your end. I connected with my second account and it worked fine, I guess it works for alberts as well.
So something in my browser or my github account must be fishy.

Set me to defect viewer then.

Perhaps try another browser or making a normal account not github one.
I'm downloading Chrome

Windows 7 Explorer can't even open that site :p
Got 401 error again when trying to view defects on chrome.

I had to use email generator as my email is already used here by my github account.
That is I couldn't use my actual email address when creating new account.

Sadly that thing didn't work too - got 401 error too.

Last edited:
Apparently there was delayed reaction.
This 401 error returned, it appears Gmail is at fault not github account.
I still had temp mail in "scan defect" result window even if I was logged in my github account.
It disappeared after I purged that temp mail account.

EDIT: Now this works with my github account (which is registered in gmail)

Last edited:
Just to confirm you can see the full defect list without me needing to approve you for access?
i.e. This thing:
Spoiler screenshot :

Any and all of the above, depending on the issue. Things like 'out of bounds write' for instance could mean that random other variables or data are overwritten by garbage. This would manifest as any number of weird and wonderful behaviors depending on what is overwritten and with what values. Its often referred to as a memory scribble and that does a fair job at evoking the implications.
I get the general overview list atm. Says it's waiting for approval.

Edit seems Memory-illegal accesses is our current major area of concern has a value of 23.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: Thank you.

Top Bottom