Static Leaderheads and Movies Pack

Hi Nevermind,

I am planning to add the Static religions to the Realism Mod. Since we have Zoroastriansm as an additional religion I would be able to make a dds file for that. Unfortunatelly I cannot open your dds file with the DDSConvert. I need to know the exact size of these pictures, so that my dds has the same size as well.

Many thanks,
Houman

Hi Houman,

I use DXTbmp utility (http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/download/dxtbmpx.EXE) for dds conversion and consider it more suitable than DDS Convertor.

As for static religion images, here is my plan.

1. Get the basic picture (in my case it's a 720x480 crop of in-game screenshot).

2. Resize it to 768x512, and then bump it to 512x512. Note: Simple 720x480 to 512x512 resizing makes a less quality picture after dds conversion, I have no idea why.

3. Convert 512x512 image to DDS format. I used DXT1 (no alpha) and I prefer DXTbmp but DDS Convertor also can do the trick.

Hope, it will help. And good luck in making your mod. ;)

:confused:

I checked all the links. Everything works fine for me.

I like consistency between Original/New materials and Enjoyed SMAC leader portraits which were static, I quite like this idea. It would be good if this static content could be included with everything and switched to using a high level game option (rather then the 'turn movies off' option) which is the only current option.

I am at a loss as to where to put the dds files in the CustomAssets of Beyond the Sword. No matter where I put them I still get the distorted leaderheads.

Since no one is here anymore, I decided to keep trying different places and I finally go the static leaderheads to work. The only thing I didn't count on was it made all the animated leaderheads static. I hope that was the intended effect.

Don't completely understand, what are you doing? Trying to make Final Frontier Leaderheads? Easy, take the ArtDefines_Misc.xml from the final frontier scenario and plug it in your mod. Still not sure what your doing though...

Don't completely understand, what are you doing? Trying to make Final Frontier Leaderheads? Easy, take the ArtDefines_Misc.xml from the final frontier scenario and plug it in your mod. Still not sure what your doing though...

I had down loaded the BtS Static Leaderheads for the standard game. My video card can't handle the animated ones. This was not for any scenario.

So, does this boost in-game performance? Because my BtS is VERY sluggish. Even on Tiny maps!

And I'm running a 2.6 Ghz A64 dual-core, 1GB RAM, 2600XT.

I installed this thinking it would help me with the lag I encounter when an AI sends a trade request, or some other type of diplomacy.

Nothing has changed at all aside from the obvious static leaderheads I now encounter, the game still lags when their window pops up and now I can't play online games without my game crashing every ten turns.

I have no idea how to uninstall this mod. I completely uninstalled the game and all the expansions and the static leaderheads still exist, does anyone know how to uninstall this?

I didn't find any information on how to do so on any of the download pages and I'm a bit frustrated....

I installed this thinking it would help me with the lag I encounter when an AI sends a trade request, or some other type of diplomacy.

Nothing has changed at all aside from the obvious static leaderheads I now encounter, the game still lags when their window pops up and now I can't play online games without my game crashing every ten turns.

I have no idea how to uninstall this mod. I completely uninstalled the game and all the expansions and the static leaderheads still exist, does anyone know how to uninstall this?

I didn't find any information on how to do so on any of the download pages and I'm a bit frustrated....

Well as it turns out, I'm dumb.

Windows had saved the mod into the "Games" folder, and when I deleted that the mod went away. Sorry if I came off as irate

I did not manage to get this pack loading with the mod I use (RFC). No matter where I place it, animated leaderheads still load. Is installing static leaderheads any different when running a mod?

I did not manage to get this pack loading with the mod I use (RFC). No matter where I place it, animated leaderheads still load. Is installing static leaderheads any different when running a mod?

I'm having the same problem. It'd be nice to get an answer to this.

While I have downloaded this mod, the file only unpacked 1 leaderhead, that of Alexander. Is there an updated version of this mod somewhere? The animated leaderheads continually make my game crash.

Top Bottom