1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Staying on the Fallout 4 Hype Train (SOTF4HT) RPG

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by EQandcivfanatic, Nov 5, 2015.

1. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

Well if I took up where we left off I'd have to dramatically revise the epilogue in lieu of the events of Fallout 4, especially in regards to the Brotherhood of Steel. Strangely, the direction they took the BoS in the game is pretty much what I envisioned them being for purposes of botwawki.

2. Ahigin

Ahigin Emperor

Let's see if the Brasilians are going to attack the East Coast in another DLC.

I think revision of the epilogue is not a problem. Obviously, take as much time as you need to prepare for another BOTWAWKI. I'll wait as much as it takes. On my side, I want to finish the Codex: Transmississippian Confederation based on the WH40k rulebooks. It turned out to be a fun thing to write, because it expanded the background of my faction so much. I'll try to finish and publish it in a week or two.

Does anyone want me to write a Codex for another BOTWAWKI nation? Describe some units you want to see and throw in some "fluff" about your faction. Eventually we may even fight a good fight or two as a mini-IOT game.

3. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

I'd love too see the Sunshine kingdom, obviously.

4. Ahigin

Ahigin Emperor

Describe some unit types or types of characters you'd like to see there. Anything can be handy, really: army organization, preferred weapons, list of special characters (such as Princess Laura Beade or someone else). Write some "fluff" (a.k.a. background) on those units/characters/vehicles/what have you, so that I just copy that into the codex. I'll try to balance it to the best of my abilities and will publish it once it's ready. Then we can even play a little battle here.

5. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

I'd be keen, even if its just the Steelmen in their brief moment of glory.

6. Quisani

Quisani Gaming Person

I'd like to continue the RPG myself, but if we did do another BOTWAWKI, I'd not be opposed to figuring out a new nation (or picking up with whatever the NGC became).

7. thomas.berubeg

I've finally finished, so here's my take on my particular ending. Spoilers, here, so be careful.

Spoiler :
    I've finally destroyed the Institute in my first run through, assaulting it with Liberty Prime and Maxon and the rest of the merry band of bucketheads.

Now, I realize that this requires a significant amount of Head-canon, but I feel that this ending allowed me to have my cake and eat it too.

First, my assumption is that the BOS absorbed some remnants of the Enclave, scientists and grunts and whatnot, upon the destruction of the Crawler. This, along with the absorption of the Outcasts, is what allowed them to build such a powerful and industrialized nation state capable of force projection (though that's probably not the right word) in the capital wasteland so quickly. Secondly, the BOS has a policy of accepting wastelander recruits.

Secondly, the heart of the East Coast Brotherhood of Steel is and remains the citadel in DC. The Prydwyn is a mobile command center, sure, but it doesn't have the industrial facilities necessary for the obvious industrialized might of the BOS (Vertibirds and T-60s, for one.) This, along with the habit of the west coast BOS of scattering chapters every-which where (Chicago, Colorado, Mojave, Washington DC) suggests to me that a Commonwealth BOS chapter is Maxon's Plan after the destruction of the Institute, while Maxon and the Prydwyn itself returns to DC for eventual operations in other places. (The Sunshine Wasteland? FO5?) Since Maxon names me Sentinel at the end, and gives me discretion to conduct my own operations, this suggests that I would be made head of this New Chapter, reporting to Maxon, but functionally independent as the distances between Boston and DC are pretty huge.

Thirdly, during the assault on the institute, I activated the evacuation code. While some scientists were killed, the crowds that were present in the Institute in earlier segments were absent. This leads me to believe that many, if not most, of the institute's inhabitants evacuated. This allows for many of them to disperse to the various settlements AND to get recruited and absorbed into the BOS itself, as the BOS once did to the Enclave.

Finally, I am the general of the Minutemen. I command them, and have earned their respect many times over (Goddamn repeating missions). As General AND Sentinel/Potential Elder of the BOS, I can bring those two organizations together and recruit those minutemen that want to serve full time in a defense force for the commonwealth as aspirants, knights, and eventually paladins of the Commonwealth BOS, while letting those who want to farm, farm. This willingly brings the network of settlements and farms and minutement that I've built into an established chain of command, preventing the re-collapse of the commonwealth into anarchy.

This put together presents a future for the commonwealth that is a hybrid of the BOS and Minutemen endings, where a semi-feudal contract exists between the Farmers and settlements and the BOS who protect them. The BOS, from their fortresses of the Airport (which needs a more badass name) and the Castle, which now serves as command hub for the Commonwealth BOS, and having absorbed many of the Institute's refugees, brings Peace, security, and prosperity to the Commonwealth. the Institute's scientists supplement the technical knowledge of the BOS with their knowledge, all while trying not to make too many waves, and their children would be raised as good commonwealthers and BOS Scribes.

Maybe I'm idealistic, but, well, this is absolutely my head canon.

Overall, I really enjoyed it, though an early bug sort of made me OP, when I picked up a Fusion Core, It duplicated it 100 times, so I never went without power armor.

8. thomas.berubeg

So, with further thought, I've decided that a solely BOS chapter of the commonwealth, folding in the Minutemen, is NOT the best option. Instead, it is a federation, similar to that of the early NCR, wherein the Commonwealth BOS chapter, under the SS's command as elder, is merely one of the founding members, along with Diamond City, Good Neighbor, Sanctuary Hills, and whatever settlements are not just small farms with seven people, as well as perhaps the Gunners, if they could be brought to the table. As my previous statement indicated, in my head-cannon, the BOS absorbs Institute survivors, as the evacuation code was activated. The Maxon BOS provides the Initial Industrial startup knowledge for the sister chapter, which itself serves as the seed of the Commonwealth. The BOS form the core of the Commonwealth Defense Force, as would the gunners, though I'm not hopeful of the idea getting the them on board, really. AND, unlike the West Coast BOS, as a founding member of the commonwealth, and a chapter that accepts outsiders, they won't butt heads with the local settlements.

In essence, this is what the NCR should have been.