STEAM SALE started Nov 23

It's a real steal. For a total of €15,38 you can get the game and the DLC-civs.
Buy the GOTY-version (€13,59) and buy the WOTAW+Korea pack for €1,69 and then you're completely up-to-date.

Hmm. . . Game of Year Plus Korean and Wonders is 19.52. I think that is everything out now.

Might just have to bite the bullet here. . . Still don't like the idea of supporting Steam, but 20 is less than I usually pay for a game. And the game is enjoyable enough, despite the stoopid AI, to put 20 down on for sure.

Hey guys, I have the Digital Deluxe Edition which contains:

- Monglos and Genghis Khan Civ+Scenario pack
- Babylon Civ
- Digital Deluxe content, whatever that means.

Is there a post or web-page detailing what the DLCs are and what need to be bough? It is a complete mess right now and I am having a hard time finding which to buy and which not to.

Everybody has Mongols & Khan now. (That was given away for free about a month or so after initial release)

Babylon is still pretty much a DLC by itself; so you don't have to worry about accidently duplicating it.

I'm not sure what the Digital Deluxe content was unless it's one or more of those various cradle of civilization maps.

The other DLCs I'm aware of are (most also include a scenario or two):

Spain & Incas combo
Denmark & Explorers combo.
Polynesia
Korea & ancient wonders (3) combo.

It appears the easyist way within the game to know if you have a given DLC is generally to click scenarios.
For the civs you can also look for the leader name.
In case of explorers, all the maps & scripts were added to advanced setup only.

- Babylon Civ

Is there a post or web-page detailing what the DLCs are and what need to be bough? It is a complete mess right now and I am having a hard time finding which to buy and which not to.

- Babylon Civ

You need to check it yourself, but for some games theres good links what to download and what not, like Just Cause 2, I wonder why not for Civ 5.

Just decided to get all the DLCs. I asked my gf to buy them for me as an early xmas present. :yumyum:

Thanks joncnunn and Ruler. I have been reading the description of the DLCs carefully and right now I am thinking of buying these:

- Spain+Inca double pack
- Polynesia
- Denmark, the Vikings
- Korea
- Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario pack (need to research this more)

That leaves out the 'Cradle of Civ' map packs plus Explorer's map pack. I don't play multiplayer, and I can't see much use in having pre-made maps when I prefer randomly generated maps. It is a bit strange that a game as popular as Civ V doesn't have a good link for DLCs.

This is off the top of my head (not at home to check), but I think the Explorer's pack has some of the better random map scripts, like Continents Plus. Worth it just for that, IMHO. Someone feel free to correct me if I am remembering wrong.

This is off the top of my head (not at home to check), but I think the Explorer's pack has some of the better random map scripts, like Continents Plus. Worth it just for that, IMHO. Someone feel free to correct me if I am remembering wrong.

I believe you are correct. The description in steam goes "Ten fantastic single-player maps make up this Civilization V DLC pack designed by Firaxis Games. Five of the maps are based on real-world locations, chosen for their historical interest and gameplay possibilities. The remaining five are scripted map environments. These maps will change from game to game, but will focus on an exciting gameplay theme. From the arid Sandstorm to the lush Amazon, and from the Caribbean to the Bering Strait, these maps will give skillful Civilization V players new lands to conquer!"

Yes, I just watched the youtube videos of a few of the DLCs and the Explorers MAp pack does seem to be a good deal for $1.69.

That leaves out only the Cradle of Civilization map packs. Combined, the 4 cost $3.39. Is it safe to skip them without missing anything important?

EDIT: I did a bit of Google searching and bought all DLCs except the Cradle maps, for approx $9.5. Looks like I spent more time searching and deciding than what I saved in terms of money :p

For a small $5.09 I was able to pick up Denmark & Explorers DLC pack along with Korea & Ancient Wonders DLC pack. That just leaves out Polynesia and Cradle of Civilization DLC, neither of which I have any interest in. :)

I'm tempted to buy the GOTY Edition + Ancient Wonders+Korea pack, the complete and most up-to-date package if you will, but should we reward Firaxas/2K's mooching us of with this whole single civs and maps DLC thing?

Is warring fun in this game? I am considering buying this since 66% off is such a great deal.

I've been playing Civ4 for exactly 1 year and that is literally ALL I do. I turn off all victories except Conquest and Domination.

Been getting kinda bored with Civ4 and the stacks of dooms, it really just seems the winner is who ever has a bigger stack.

I played the demo for Civ5 but its SO short. It ends right before I have a decent amount of units

Is warring fun in this game? I am considering buying this since 66% off is such a great deal.

I've been playing Civ4 for exactly 1 year and that is literally ALL I do. I turn off all victories except Conquest and Domination.

Been getting kinda bored with Civ4 and the stacks of dooms, it really just seems the winner is who ever has a bigger stack.

I played the demo for Civ5 but its SO short. It ends right before I have a decent amount of units

Well, in my opinion yes.
You cannot stack units, which is good in my opinion, you have a hex-grid, and in the future era you can build death robots *lol*. it feels more like a board game. (like risk)
get the troops in the front and the rocket launchers in the back, kind of thing.
I mean there are a lot of amazing units: Stealth Bombers, Paratroopers, a lot of air and sea support, nuclear submarines.... ;)
Thats a lot of content for 13 Euros :goodjob:

Well, in my opinion yes.
You cannot stack units, which is good in my opinion, you have a hex-grid, and in the future era you can build death robots *lol*. it feels more like a board game. (like risk)
get the troops in the front and the rocket launchers in the back, kind of thing.
I mean there are a lot of amazing units: Stealth Bombers, Paratroopers, a lot of air and sea support, nuclear submarines.... ;)
Thats a lot of content for 13 Euros :goodjob:
Thanks for the response!

Lol yah I heard of the robot but ive never seen any videos of it. It seems cool

And yes for that price its a steal!

Top Bottom