SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

Bison would be a welcome addition to the main game, regardless or not if it helps resource diversity. Plains are generated close to tundra, and tundra starts need a buff. While I still hope for a better buff to tundra, bison is a start.

Caravans are available for the Native American civs and I suspect they are available for the Europeans as well (haven't fired up a game as a European civ yet).

Caravans are available for the Native American civs and I suspect they are available for the Europeans as well (haven't fired up a game as a European civ yet).

In that case I hope they don't use camel graphics...

So, guys...

I think that's it for Civilization 5... I don't think we'll be getting any new content for it... Certainly an end of an era for me (~980 hrs. logged).

Can't wait to see what's next for Civ 6.

The bison is a new resource that you can find in the Conquest of the New World Deluxe scenario.
You can see it in the official video : http://youtu.be/jJp5buATc34?t=47s

It might also say that a new patch will be released and the bison will be a new resource that we can find in game.

It might also say that a new patch will be released and the bison will be a new resource that we can find in game.

What??! That's not in the video I saw . . .

Guys bison is just a replacement for cattle... booted up the game today... no happiness or anything from it... it's just a retexturing of cattle.

Guys bison is just a replacement for cattle... booted up the game today... no happiness or anything from it... it's just a retexturing of cattle.

In terms of tile yield, they seem to be. Though, Cattle are improved by building a pasture, while Bison are improved by building a camp.

I wouldn't hope for tipis for the main game, though - their yield is much too high for a main game improvement, and it's not very clear how they'd be included. They won't replace either of the Shoshone uniques since, whenever they've done that in the past (with France and Germany), they've found a way to reuse the 'lost' unit, and neither Comanche Riders nor the Pathfinder make any sense as a non-UU.
I imagine tipis in the main game yielding +1 food and +1 faith. This way they would be just as good as any other UI, and as you can't build them next to each other they are not that advantageous. Later in the game you would need farms instead when you discover civil service and that thing before explosives - can't remember :) That means playing as the Shoshone you would need more workers (tipi building takes longer than farms too).

Regarding the Comanche Riders, there is a chance that could be another speciality of the Shoshone. Like a small extra UA like The Huns has a sub UA about borrowing names. It could be a possible choise of a follower religion. Use like it is a SP in this new scenario.

I would love to see the beson resource as a part of a diversity expansion, where they tie different resources to the different continents. For instance in Asia you would find tea, rice silk etc. and in Africa you find Ivory as lux and Zebras as bonus. The civs could be set to start on their appropriate continent. New grafics could be made for subs saharan cities. Different grafics for the continents barbarians and civs early units. For instance Asian looking Archers, caravans or horsemen, in the same manner as how the setlers look different depending on the civ. They could also create more resource depending buildings then. For instance you can't build the coffee house without cacao in your domain or traded. This would make the exploration much more fun.

I would also love one or two more unique improvements buildings or units for each civ in order to make each game played feel more different.

It's not in the video and I think that amounts to wishful thinking.

In all fairness, Glauki did say "might."

I think that makes it fall under deceptive advertising, though. ;)

I would love to see the beson resource as a part of a diversity expansion, where they tie different resources to the different continents. For instance in Asia you would find tea, rice silk etc. and in Africa you find Ivory as lux and Zebras as bonus. The city could be set to start on their appropriate continent. New grafics could be made for subs saharan cities. Different grafics for the continents barbarians and civs early units. For instance a Asian looking Archers caravans or horsemen same as how the setlers look different depending on civ. They could also create more resource depending buildings then. For instance you can't build the coffee house without cacao.

This would also be a perfect opportunity to include a game setting that forces similar ethnic civs to start on the same landmass.

A petition for one last balance patch would be foolish and in vain, am I correct in thinking this?

Top Bottom