1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Scirocco16V, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Sporally

Sporally Prince

I basically just meant techs that had new techs in them.

Don't know the Chocolate House as I haven't played the scenario to the end, but just like the tipis they all need to be less effective in the main game. Just happy if it could be modded into the game, as I now have no hopes of the items being transferred to the main game.

Doubt scurvy will be transferred as it would required more development skills than I guess modders have - but I hope I'm wrong :) Again, doubt Firaxis will make the transfer.

Sendt fra min GT-I9305 med Tapatalk

2. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

Adding Scurvy to the main game shouldn't be overly difficult, since I imagine that the xml support is in the game now, and was previously as well, since Scurvy was already in the scenario before the deluxe edition.

3. Sporally

Sporally Prince

Yes, wasn't it? So I guess I imagined scurvy isn't easy to transfer because it hasn't been transferred before AFAIK. Unless you mean that because of the XML-support, it's made easier this time around.

4. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I don't think anybody would want to have scurvy in the game mostly because it's a 1/10 hp penalty per turn which would make navy horribly ... hmm worthless.

5. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

I wouldn't mind scurvy replacing the astronomy requirement to enter ocean

6. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Scurvy is handled through lua, not xml. It still wouldn't be overly difficult to port it over.

7. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

It would be nice to be able to make the decision to cross a small amount of ocean with a Trireme, at the cost of the ship's health, in order to explore.

8. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

Hey guys, finishing a balance mod and I've just added the Bison and Chocolate resources from this scenario. My question: does Shoshone need to build Tipis instead of Comanche riders, or would that make Shoshone OP?

9. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

If you could add the Tipi for the Iroquois, that'd be nice.

10. tnick777

tnick777 Warlord

Iroquois never lived in tipis... that would be incredibly insulting...

11. Aaron90495

Aaron90495 King

They're already OP with the below-average Riders, so yes, I would say that would make them excessively OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Use the Tipis as a part of a Sioux civ. The Shoshone are fine the way they are.

13. Sporally

Sporally Prince

Can't remember if it was Civ1, but I believe these was a risk it would sink unless it ended it's turn next to a shoreline. Think that would be more realistic than health loss. Either you hit a storm and loose everything or you're lucky and survive everything.

Scurvy is, however, something very different and should be represented by a health loss. For instance it should not start before turn 3 away from the coast. It could also be a battle disadvantage - say 10% less fighting strength per turn until you reach the coast. After all, it isn't the ships that are taking a hit from scurvy.

14. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

Oh, my bad.

15. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

If I'm understanding what you mean correctly, there aren't any. There are no new units in the scenario, except treasure units which are already available at the start, so all the techs just move units/buildings from elsewhere in the game to the scenario tech tree.

When Firaxis referred to an "expanded" tech tree, they were comparing with the original scenario, not the main game - the Deluxe tech tree is expanded relative to Conquest, it doesn't add anything that's not in the main game except a couple of buildings that are attached to existing tech.

+1 gold per plantation the city works, increased to +3 gold for each cocoa plantation.

The rest are fine for the main game as they are, I'd say.

In the scenario it's a 65% chance of a 10 hp hit each turn, it's not an automatic effect. If it were in the main game this chance would need to be reduced. It would only really affect caravels and frigates/privateers, and then be nullified by navigation schools.

Civs I and II certainly did it, I think Civ III may have done. As you say, scurvy isn't appropriate for ancient vessels since it was a consequence of long ocean voyages in the particular conditions of Age of Exploration ships.

I'd like to see quite a lot added from the scenario - mainly the treasure system that gives value for razing and targeted wars against specific cities (probably razing cities with Wonders should grant a treasure per Wonder), with each treasure being returned to the capital for a lump sum. This would work very well with the BNW economic system where gold is often limited.

But the new resources obviously fit well into the main game (cocoa does something lacking from other jungle resources), and there's little reason why things like the Meeting House and Gunsmith should be specific to the scenario - both are decent generic buildings and neither adds a huge amount to the scenario itself.

16. ales_

ales_ Heir

Civ III also did it.

17. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Emperor

I am enjoying the treasure system from razing...however I think it should be more streamlined. Treasures should use the same system as trade units. Once you start your American massacre tour it becomes a little too tedious and clicky-clicky-clicky. There should just be a "Send to capital" button and the route it is taking should be visible that way you can secure it.

18. Aaron90495

Aaron90495 King

There's no clear fix here. If you were to make it like trade routes, people would complain about not having full control of an important unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Sporally

Sporally Prince

I wouldn't say it's too advantageous for the main game then. If so, the modders should lower it to just the +3 gold for cocoa. Also, if possible, only available in the city of there were an improved cocoa plantation just like you can't build the stone works unless you have a quarry or mine on stone. This way it definitely isn't too strong. However, I would say the tipis are too strong for the main game, and even unrealistic as you wouldn't replace them in the modern era. You guys think Indians still would live in tipis if they developed into a technological society by themselves?

20. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I was dreaming that 2k announced a spring patch D: (or had the patch notes handy!)

God darn it 2k why u no release patch!