1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steampunk World Scenario

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Steampunk Scenario' started by KingArthur, Jun 24, 2012.

1. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

Yay! :goodjob:

Drat... I'm currently playing as amerindians! :lol:

2. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

Think there's a serious balance issue with a unif of the Secret Society: the unit Shadow, which seems to have hidden nationality.

This unit exists from the start, with stats 6/4/1. Combined with the fact that it can take cities and with the fact that starting defenders are 4/5/1, this allows this unit to pretty much roflstomp anything; my poor chinese allready lost 2 cities to 3 of of these units...

I suggest making this unit weaker and/or removing the "take city" option, otherwise it destabilizes the game...

3. KingArthur

KingArthur Tinkering with biqs

4. Fortis1

Fortis1 Chieftain

I don't like to whine but Spirit Ancestors cripple my game as USA second time. They become availabe the same time as Gattling guns and easily destroy them. 2 movement with ATAR means I cannot just fortify border cities, I need to fortify at least second line cities too. No grassland mining = no high production, so I cannont afford to spam gattling guns without sacrificing city development. With defence 6 there is no effective counter-attack until Steam Botics. And they cost only 10 shields and 1 pop, and Amerindians always have 4-6 pop cities. Shield cost isn't a matter for them, so they just keep spamming them. Even Mechs cannot stop their attacks. It is possible to stop them actually, but other civs got way too far in tech tree, because all my funds go for war. Maybe I did something wrong?

5. KingArthur

6. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Is that the same updated biq linked at the bottom of the OP?

7. KingArthur

It's the same one as the OP. I just overwrote the file when I uploaded

8. Jarovid

Jarovid Chieftain

I am just curious, did you manage to finish all the changes to the scenario.

9. Jarovid

Jarovid Chieftain

Armored Cruiser won't upgrade to Dreadnaught, port in place, required resources available.

Also, Dreadnaught costs 160 shields while Armored Crusier costs 200 shields. Maybe it should be the other way around.