stErzNES - If first you don't succeed, try try again

3-4 of my players are oens that usualy join and forget about the nes... oh well... if no much joiners will come i'll update saturday my tiem (no need for orders)

The Scots
Ruler: Fergus Mor \ Kal'thzar
Government: Dynastic Kingdom
Religion: Cult of the Dragon
Economy: Stable (+2)
Army: 500 Spearmen (normal), 200 Archers (normal)
Navy: 30 Galleys
Culture:
Education:
Confidence:
Notes:

This is different from the Nation Scotland, in that they control lands both on the Northen Tip of Ireland, and the West Coast of Scotland.

I'll join. Here's the stats I'd like.

Cyprus
Ruler: Group of Elected officials, changes often.
Government: Republic
Religion: Greek Polytheism
Culture: Average
Education: Well Educated
Confidence: Respecting
Notes: Cyprus is a Mycenian colony which has recently broken away. It is quite similar in government and religion to its parent country, though it is far more united than the rabble of city states that founded it.

:dance: 500th post! :dance:

Country name Cathage
Ruler: House of Bacra\ EnglishPunk
Government: Dynastic Kingdom
Religion: Polytheism
Culture: Average
Education: Well Educated
Confidence: Respecting
Notes: City state based on its navel power and trade links. At the moment the House of Bacra is leading the nation in a peaceful manner wanting to trade with all neighbours and thus avoid war

Do I have to post orders yet? or wait till the first update?

You don't need orders, and thats why you don't know by how much army grows yet :) will apear with the update in the first page, last post.

still waiting for more joiners but started making the map. all those who changes countries I made your second one..

Country name: Erin
Ruler: Cormac Mac Art\ Israelite9191
Government: High Kingship (a high king is chosen form the rulers of the clans)
Religion: Druidism
Culture:
Education:
Confidence:
Notes: Capital is Tara (about modern Dublin), controls all of the island except Ulster in northern Ireland (the Scotland guy took it). The High Kingship form of government allows for greater harmony when a strong leader is chosen, the clans follow him and if any disagree they can just be overrun, and the clans know this.

Country name: Trebizond
Ruler: Alexius\ ThomAnder
Government: Monarchy
Religion: Greek Polytheism
Culture:
Education:
Confidence:
Notes: Ancient greek colony that prospered when others around it died away. Located in northeast part of asia minor and next to the black sea.

i think this is a new record of players, at least since rtor5 (or was it 7?) erez :).

Anyways, I would like a bluish color. See Hittites in stjnes5.1.

Medes
Ruler: King Deioces / Grandmaster
Government: Tribal Monarchy
Religion: Sun-Worship
Culture:
Education:
Confidence:
Notes: The Medes are a confederation of Iranian Aryan tribes united under an elected Great King.

Put my capital at Ecbatana (modern Hamadan, Iran).

Some sort of orange, please.

Yeah, I'd like orange for Cyprus. And I'll use the name of Nicosia for my capital, since I think it sounds better than Lefkosia. Nicosia isn't RIGHT on the coast, but do I start with a fleet anyway since they would probably have a small port near the capital.

Kingdom of Kerma
Ruler: Kashta\Tommy_Toon
Government: Monarchy
Religion: Lotuko Mythology
Culture:
Education:
Confidence:
Notes: Based around the city of Kerma in modern day upper Sudan along the fourth and fifth cataracts of the nile.

OOC: Considering that I have no coast yet, is it possible I could have my 30 galleys switched for some archers instead?

Normandy
Ruler: High King William\alex994
Government: Despotism
Religion: Frankish Polytheism
Culture: ?
Education: ?
Confidence: ?
Notes: Hailing from Scandinavia, they settled in Normandy over 10 generations ago, they have intermarried with the locals and now as farmland run out in their territory, more and more they eye the prosperous isle of Alba...

tommy_toon said:
OOC: Considering that I have no coast yet, is it possible I could have my 30 galleys switched for some archers instead?

You have a river...at this time, galleys should be small enough to travel rivers.

Jason The King said:
You have a river...at this time, galleys should be small enough to travel rivers.
But archers make more sense than having galleys travel on rivers, particularaly since Kerma was known as the 'valley of the archers' by the Egyptians, or something to that effect.

tommy_toon said:
But archers make more sense than having galleys travel on rivers, particularaly since Kerma was known as the 'valley of the archers' by the Egyptians, or something to that effect.

As do chariots for mesopotamia and horsemen for the steppe. so we all get to change into what we want most? (if so, then fine, im happy with it :))

Chronicles of Sameh: The Beginning

The Samehian people have always been around, since the first day, and the first night, the Samehians have wandered the land. When Baku, the God of Life, created the trees, plants and mountains, he also created the Goddess Gaia, ruler of this new land. Gaia and Baku soon fell in love, and their children became gods and goddesses as well, creating Shia, goddess of the water and ocean, Ganthem, God of Harvest and of the Seasons, and Tiet, God of the Wind. For more years then man can imagine, the world lived in complete harmony, with the five gods and goddesses wandering the beautiful plant-filled land.

But then, despite her infinite wisdom, Gaia fell in love with Ganthem, and together they had two bastard children, the boy was named Tlet, and the girl, Fia. Because of the immoral and evil acts of treachury against Baku, these children were stripped of any godliness and subject to mortality and banned from the pantheon of gods. From the love Tlet and Fia showed eachother, Kia was born, Goddess of Peace. But as the people populated the land, jealousy and greed soon bread Tret, God of War. Meanwhile, Ganthem was banished to the underworld to manage the souls of dead mortals.

And so all the people of the earth came into being through these acts of the gods. But there are also a special people, the Samehians, who believe that the more they bring to worship Baku, the more possible he might bless them with good lives and after lives with the gods.

And so, the Samehians wandered the land in search of the beginning of their civilization that will, someday, honor that of Baku in hopes of acceptance.

A king, whose name is lost is the mists of time died and with it made both his children Pygmalion and Dido heirs to the throne. The people though took Pygmalion as the sole ruler even with him being an infant. Dido married the priest of Melqart her uncle who was the 2nd most powerful man in the city-state after the King.

The king had heard truthful rumors that Acerbas the priest had buried large amounts of gold in a secret place. The ruler in an attempt to gain the gold had him killed in order to posses the riches for himself. Dido told her brother that she would move into the palace and give up all the riches.

When the attendants arrived to fetch the gold Dido ordered them to throw the bags (which only contained sand) into the sea as an offering to his spirit. Dido then conviced the attendants to flee the city with her as the King would be in a rage when he discovered the supposed fate of the wealth. Some senators joined her as well who were discontented with the Kings rule.

They first arrived in Cyprus where a preist of Jupiter joined them, also some 80 women were captured who were prostituting themselves on the beach to serve as wifes for the exiles.

Eventually after much hardships they arrived in a land where Dido managed to arrange a treaty with the locals that they may stop to recover from there journey. The local cheifton thought he was cunning when he proclaimed Dido could have land as could be encompassed by a oxhide. Dido then cut the hide into thin strips which she could surround an entire nearby hill, which was therefore aftewards named 'Byrsa' or hide.

OOC More later proberly after the update though still on the founding of Carthage. Thanks to Wikipedia for all the info.

Top Bottom