stJNES9 - Changing Times

This is unrelated but I only now noticed that my monitor is from China and my keyboard is from Russia and my computer (winchester?) is from Slovakia.

So anyway.

UPDATE, WILL YOU? Or at least say if a certain city is still intact.

ENTIRA! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! MY EVIL THRACIAN PLAN OF GLOBAL DOMINATION WITHOUT ANY REALISTIC REASON AS TO HOW WOULD I GET TROOPS TO ENTIRA AND KEEP THEM SUPPLIED WILL NOW BE SET INTO MOTION! MUWHAHAHAHA!

Nah, not really. You, of all people, should know what city I mean.

Yeah yeah I know, but i'm of all people a megalomanic-schizophrenic-paranoid... Like all great leaders plus more :)!

*sigh*
I think this means that we gotta rush Jason for the update.

BTW, Jason, I noticed that you added most of other people's Unique Units. Hope you still remember that I have a bunch too...
Will re-PM if necessary.

Well, what NESer isn't?

:lol: i'm to a bigger extent than most NESers... I'm like that even in real life :O
Now nuff OOC

To repost my questions:

If I were to rejoin as Slavenija, could I get a slight boost in my stats?

And if so Jason IM me sometime at BosRoker so I can figure out whats going on in this NES's history

stJNES9: Changing Times
100 N.A. Turn 11​

Europe, Africa, and the Middle East

The first feudal government is established in the land between the rivers. Sumeria develops into a new age as the land is divided among the nobles, who owe their allegiance to the king of the land. Peasants are near slaves who work the plantations of their overlords. However terrible the life is for the peasants, production nearly triples in the country. However, with this increase in production comes a slight drop of trade. However, the bustling city of Ur is still the center of trade for much of the Middle East. Power is also more distributed amongst the nobles, and is less centralized to the King.

The Bosporus Ports have been constructed in the capital city of Thrace, creating a trade center for the great city of wind. Taking advantage of the extensive Aegean trade that has grown since the collapse of the Spartan Empire, nearly seventy-five percent of all eastern Mediterranean trade reaches these distant ports – quite a miraculous accomplishment of the Thracian merchants. Meanwhile, many in Thrace begin to fear war as the King has ordered the recruitment of a staggering ten thousand men. Such an increase has hurt other trades, such as mercantilism, carpentry, fishing, and blacksmithing; jobs usually reserved for men who are now recruited to the army.

Piracy has become a huge problem in the western Mediterranean, particularly Atlantean trade, which has seen a huge increase in pirate raids and pillaging. On the other hand, the eastern Mediterranean has seen a dramatic reduction in the amount of pirate-related incidents. Suspicious, Atlantean fleets soon cornered a few pirate fleets and forced them to surrender. Most are quickly identified as Aegean pirates. The captains say that they were captured in the Aegean and were hired to raid the trade lines of Atlantis by Entiran officials. As of yet, piracy has had little overall affect on Atlantean trade.

The Judean rebellion spreads. The city of Jerusalem is soon thrown into civil war as royal loyalists bitterly defend the castle against most of the population and even some deserters of the army. Hundreds die, and the fighting intensifies. The countryside is soon affected, and even into the shallow desert people rebel against the Israeli dominance, hoping to better their lives under a new Republic of Judea (some say its just a rumor that a republic would form). Soon, King Abraham barely escapes with his army and heads south, as Jerusalem falls to David and his rebellion. Entiran troops soon enter the conflict; two massive invasions take place, one in the north and one in the south.

The Sinai invasion is met with little resistance, as much of the border guards were called to Jerusalem or left with the King as he headed south. But the Entirans did encounter several strongholds, most notably the stronghold at Elat. Here the Entirans were forced to bombard the city for weeks with four catapults, and eventually assault the city. Most of the deaths in the south came from this one assault, but with the strategic city captured, the Israelis no longer have a major coastal port. The northern invasion met with stiff resistance from the garrisons left here. First, Entirans were actually stopped at Ankara Fields, but the line was soon broken in a battle and the assault continued. Stiff resistance was consistent the whole way, until the Sumerian border was met. Meanwhile, the northern Black Sea Province was left unconquered, and without any authority, fell into deep anarchy. Street gangs now rule the land, as all law and order disintegrates.

Entira: -8,200 Legion-Phalanx, 3,000 Archers, 3,000 Cavalry, 3 Onagers
Israel: -16,000 Infantry, 8,500 Archers, 5,000 Cavalry, 15 Catapults

In Africa, the Entirans do not cease their invasion of Nubia. However, after the city of Kerma is established by the Entiran army, including a vast number of ancient Nubian temples and sports arenas, the conquering army met a surprise. Garamantes troops had not been dormant on the sidelines. Instead, they had led a quick invasion of the remaining Nubian territories before the Entirans moved on, securing natural resources vital to their growth. Also, widespread hunger and rioting take place in Nubia on the east side of the Nile, beckoning a return of Entiran soldiers to establish order. Several attempts were made by the Nubians to disrupt Entiran supply routes upon the Nile, but were stopped be the new Yellow Fleet.

In order to pay for this war, the Entirans have hiked the tax rates on many of the goods transported throughout its empire. Thus, more income is built. The affect upon trade is minimal, the people accept it as this is the first time it has ever been raised.

Entira: - 2,000 Legion-Phalanx, 200 Cavalry
Garamantes: -1,500 Infantry, 400 Cavalry

Meanwhile, in the distant Atlantean province of Gaul, speakers dressed in dark clothes and who do not reveal their name or where they are from, begin to stir up nationalistic feelings in the Gaul people. This province is the most remote province in the Atlantean empire, rarely visited by any official and houses only a small garrison. Communication between here and the capital is rare, and usually happens only annually. The revolution soon became violent, and the natives threw off the small garrison here as they vie for power over their own land.

The Thracians have turned their attention towards Sparta. A brilliant plan, mastered by Terekos himself, began with a gesture of what seemed like goodwill. The Spartans accepted the gift of Delphi and Thessalonica, unloading small garrisons from their ships to occupy the newly begotten cities. However, when their route to the sea was cut, Thracian cavalry and infantry immediately cut the supply route and destroyed the southern ports. The Spartan garrison was stuck, and forced to fight against overwhelming odds. Ultimately, the Spartans were defeated, but not before both Delphi and Thessalonica was burned to the ground, their inhabitants for the most part slaughtered. This would have a lasting effect upon the moral of the troops intended for battle, as well as for the whole nation.

The Thracian fleet soon began pummeling the city of Sparta from the sea, using their newly constructed Catapult Triremes. Using the art of deception, the Spartan fleet was soon drawn out, encircled, and drastically ravaged before breaking out and into open sea. Meanwhile, Thracians land a small force of phalanxes, which are soon pounced upon by the Spartan army. Again, deception takes its toll on the Spartan force; a sizable Thracian surprise unloads, encircled the Spartans, and forces surrender. The Thracians, fully reinforced and ready for the march upon Sparta, soon find themselves confronted with the whole Spartan army, who has decided to meet the Thracians on the field of battle instead of waiting out a siege. As the two infantry engage, the Trojan Longbowmen show their expertise, firing from an incredible distance with pinpoint accuracy. The Thracian Cataphracts, after destroying Spartan cavalry forces, are able to attack the rear of the Spartan hoplite. The Spartans manage to hold on against extensive odds, but soon they are defeated. The Thracians back home are incredibly confused at this operation. Thousands were lost, and hardly nothing was gained.

Sparta: - 23,200 infantry, 12,750 archers, 500 cavalry, 28 Catapults, 300 Galleys (about half surrendered)
Thrace: - 3,400 Infantry, 4,200 Phalanx, 900 Avotorian Guard, 1,200 Trojan Longbowmen, 3,200 Cavalry, 500 Cataphracts, 170 Galleys, 8 Catapult Triremes

The Atlanteans, having an already-extensive infrastructure including wind and water mills, begin to experiement what they can do using this new power. Most effective in the watermills, the turning wheel is connected through a series of gears to a moving conveyer belt made by cloth. Many workers are then set up along the sides of this belt and begin to fasten dolls and the such in a cheap and very productive way. The wheels are also hooked up to other things that have helped much with the production capacity of the nation. Several mills are set up along the Tiber river, which has made this river the most productive in the world.

Also, as Atlantis continues to “industrialize,” larger ships have been designed by a Roman immigrant scientist named Copernicus. The ship features a stronger lanteen sail, along with a huge hull that can be pulled by this new sail. These new inventions have yet to be incorporated into the Atlantean navy, expected costs are soaring.

Americas

The Chesapeake tribe continues to work on the Temple of the Fields, but most importantly it has begun to build “stables” and the such all around the nation for the immediate domestication of the deer which are in large amounts around the whole nation. Meanwhile, tax cuts are given to those who sail north to sell tobacco to the Hodinoshone. In response, Hodinoshone trade interacts with the Chesapeake, and soon a vital trade route is established between the capital and a port in Hodinoshone.

Also, white-skinned men are found in some of the port cities. It appears that these men are from the far east, across the endless waters. Trade begins, but it seems anything these men touch, dies. Plague spreads through some of the small coastal towns, and in order to contain it the government immediately quarantines all cities touched by the presence of these white men who call themselves people of the eternal city, Atlantis.

Indian Ocean

The almost unguarded, yet very important island of Socotra felt the brunt of the Sumerian army. The Sri Lankans, being concerned elsewhere, were unprepared for the invasion, which successfully took the island for the Sumerians. Thus, all contact and trade was cut off from the west, including contact from the 3,000 soldiers in Somalia, and the 3,000 soldiers in Dubai.

Somalia reformatted its attack, aided by the generals sent by Bactria years ago. Instead of small, petty attacks, the Somali reformed into large, successful armies. The largest attack came from the north, where two thousand very well trained Sri Lankan infantry and one thousand archers wait. However, without adequate cavalry support against the huge mass of Somali cavalry, the Sri Lankans stood no chance. After remaining stalwart for three days, the force was routed and finally destroyed by the Somali cavalry.

Somalia: -3,500 Infantry, 3,500 Archers, 2,000 Cavalry
Sri Lanka: -2,000 Infantry, 1,000 Archers, 5 Catapult

In Dubai, the Sri Lankans have begun to build a string of mud brick forts in the searing desert. Successfully, the forts were constructed to guard the desert city of Rama. However, a Dubai attack managed to break through one fort, and without affected military to launch a counter attack to force the Dubai out, this gap gave way to a huge invasion that is almost unquenchable.

Dubai: -3,000 Infantry, 500 Archers, 500 Cavalry
Sri Lanka: -500 Infantry

A huge invasion force is mustered in the homeland of Sri Lanka. Consisting of thousands of young men, more and more come out to volunteer until the numbers soar of ten thousand. The ships were outfitted to carry the troops, as well as having a maximum amount of firepower. The ships left port. For the most part, the seas around Sri Lanka have been clean of enemy forces, being protected by Sri Lankan and even Sinhalese ships, keeping the city of the white walls and five-story buildings safe. However, a loan Bactrian scout ship caught sight of the four hundred-ship-strong force, and raced to alert the Bactrian and ally’s navy. Quickly, navies of four nations assembled for the defense of Chittagong, the eastern city destination of the fleet. However, the numbers were still inferior, Gujarat, Persia, and Dubai sent less then expected. Numbering only 320 ships, the allied fleet would have to go up against nearly 400 well-trained Sri Lankan galleys.

The battle took place off the coast of the very city…in sight of all of the inhabitants. The Sri Lankans pursued a maneuver that would save their largest force until the near end, and the outflanking policy of the Bactrian admiral was proven ineffective. Quickly, a small fleet of nearly twenty ships was sent from Chittagong, a native fleet loyal to the Sri Lankans. This fleet, appearing much larger then it really was to the allies, was quickly confronted with a couple dozen essential allied ships. This gave the Sri Lankans the chance they needed. An arrow formation was formed, and the lines of the allies were cut, and most of the defending ships took off in separate ways. The Sri Lankan force landed and took the city, while the Bactrians readied for a counter attack to drive the Sri Lankans to the sea.

Bactria: 30 Galleys.
Dubai: 80 Galleys
Gujarat: 50 Galleys
Persia: 50 Galleys
Sri Lankan: 160

Sri Lankans are met by surprise on Sumatra as the Kesultanan Melayu Melaka reformed troops and archers invade. Having nearly no garrison, the land was taken quickly. Meanwhile, a large ship force was sent to the west, but having never left the oceans of Indonesia, the fleet was not prepared for the rough storms, and was not sure as to how avoid huge monsoon storms. The fleet was thus, ravaged by the storm, and forced to return home. Luckily, no ship was lost, only badly damaged.

East Asia

Yamato begins several huge projects, spending most of the national income developing these undertakings. Throughout the land, statues, parks, canals, and even sewer systems (the first in the world) are installed in many of the cities. This, along with the obvious economic benefits, also gives merchants the confidence they need, and the Koreans the desire to travel. Trade booms between the Korean peninsula and Yamato, stimulating the first ever major trading route in the East. Though the project is far from finished, it is already bringing in the rewards.

As the Siamese emperor forcefully cuts all trade with Sri Lanka, the westerners again break out in utter revolt. However, having just reestablished trade a while back, the merchants were not so powerful this time, and many were persuaded to go north and south, to China and Melayu for further trade. Many move to Bangkok where the ports are fitted for Kesultenan Melayu trade, where the city nearly doubles in population. The trade route soon gains momentum, and now is a very important route in the East. Meanwhile, soldiers enter the west in order to try and quell the rebellion, but it persists still.

-1,000 infantry

NPC Notices

Notes from the Mod

Banana, im sorry, but you need to reformat your UU, in the format I asked for. That is way too many UU’s for me to fix (I would do it for three or four). Once you do this, I will add them before the next update. And PLEASE for god’s sake, change your nation’s name or at least give me the adjective and a shortened name.

I must've died and gone to heaven, THANKS JASON! :goodjob:

Jason, can I get an estimate of the landing force in Chittagong?

OOC: Yay! he updated. Just a quick question, shouldn't my capital be a major trade center also because of the Hodinoshone, Ohio, and other trade that goes thru it.

To:Atlantians
Greetings we invite you to trade but untill you can stop killing everything you touch, we ask you to leave.

North, you did, in the update when it talks about the force readying for the invasion. Passed 10,000 men.

Conehead, it is. I cant make it a capital and a trade center, lol. I keep all capitals that are also trade centers as capitals.

Jason

All ten thousand arrived without a hitch, no disease/starvation on the transports, no sunken transports? Sorry, I'm ranting again, LOL, I really have no complaints. Thanks for the update.

good Update Jason orders will be sent in a few minutes and story written tonight.

North King said:
All ten thousand arrived without a hitch, no disease/starvation on the transports, no sunken transports? Sorry, I'm ranting again, LOL, I really have no complaints. Thanks for the update.

Without a hitch, lol. Accept for the whole naval battle thing.

Top Bottom