Stockade Borders

Pounder

Phaethon was here
New August 5, 2007: Post #66 has a version with with pointier tops with a secondary civ colour added and the shadows touched up. download and preview of post #66

New August 2, 2005: Post #57 has a version with barbed wire on top of the fence. download and preview of post #57

New Edit July 12, 2005: Go to Post #48 for the latest version and Download.
There is additions to the base of the wall that blend into the terrain including the water.

Helps make the border look like it is built on some base underwater when on the water and has darker soil at the base for grassland and lighter soils at the base for desert and plains.

click here to download latest for post #48

Here are another set of borders, trying to get some added dimensions to the borders. If you use these (like with the Razor Wire Borders) you will have to accept the fact that there is not seperate borders for the water in this game.

Remember they are just borders.

It's possible that logs could be driven into the shore/coast :mischief: .

I tried to give the borders some character through the hills and mountains. There are also flags and towers in the hills and mountains. And I have added one taller flag pole to the flat terrain (post #1 download).

I originally tried to add some civ colour along the sides of the walls, but it was just to too much, so the Civ colour is across the top of the wall and in the flags and towers.

This may look like just a little file, but has been one that took the most thought and work. :crazyeye:

There are Actually 4 versions post on this thread.

Post #1 with flags and gates and towers. (original) Preview below.

EDIT: There is a version in Post #9 with no flags. Walls and towers only. (preview on post #9)

Edit Dec 30, 2004: version is on Post #11, has no gates, walls are closed off, no flags. Now with undulating walls and towers in the hills.

Edit July 12,2005: Go to Post #48 for the latest version and Download. (This is the best version). Looks better on water than previous versions.

Edit August 2, 2005: Post #57 has a version with barbed wire on top of the fence. download and preview of post #57

Here is the original post

Goes in:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Terrain

Don't forget to backup original.

Attachments

• territory.pcx
    13.4 KB · Views: 850
Yes! Bring those (appropriate word) indians/barbarians/tax men on!!

Btw.. what's with the lil flag next to Ulundi? Nother link/thread I should know about? =oo=?

YEY looks excellent, will be used straight away!

can i please please please have a version without the flags tho? (keeping random watch towers)

W00tage :)

is there room in this improvment to post the file?

(or am i being thick and u have updated the download)

Brick/stone wall :):):):) please

OR if were looking to make this stupidly hard... why not a suitable border for each civ? so rather than colour, we go by the material or structure???

slozenger said:
Brick/stone wall :):):):) please

Here is a something I threw together as an experiment. It is a start of stone wall border, you know the kind that is a pile of stone to form a wall. I would probably make them thicker and tweak them in other ways.

I just wanted to see how they would appear on the different terrains, especially water, as water has been the biggest concern. I know that they will always be borders. Just trying to make them less like a line drawn on the map.

slozenger said:
OR if were looking to make this stupidly hard... why not a suitable border for each civ? so rather than colour, we go by the material or structure???

Unfortunately there is only one file for the borders and what ever you use is used for all.

I think it would look a little more distinct if the fence was the civ specific color..not just the tops.

Do you mind if I use yours and make a change or two?

Edit: Wow, these files are really edited.....

Edit 2: Well...here was my first attempt. Subpar I think.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 6,233
CornMaster said:
I think it would look a little more distinct if the fence was the civ specific color..not just the tops.

Do you mind if I use yours and make a change or two?

Edit: Wow, these files are really edited.....

Go ahead, I would love to see more alternatives. I did have a version that had strappings on the fence that were Civ colour, but it was to much Civ colour (I thought). If you wanted to make the whole fence Civ colour, that might be interesting :thumbsup:

This is the hardest file to work with as all colours are not as they seem. :crazyeye:

The file works/displays differently in the editor than it does in the game. :confused:

Top Bottom