Stockade Borders

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
I doubt that still applies to Civ3 nowadays with Civ4 about to be launched.

Does it ever become legal.

Did Firaxis come out in the past and say that it is now ok to distribute as you wish. I know that they made the PTW Extras available to the public after Conquests came out.

Then there are the forum rules.

Knowing that you could not possibly steal the game one file at a time and the territory file is nothing that could be used unless you already had the game.

Can it be posted or not:confused:

As far as I understand Wattos wants the Vanilla Civ borders. Of course the original borders can be sent... and its a often seen request too :D lots of people forget to back up their stuff and then come to the forums.

Yes, I remember the discussion about not issueing units and copyrighted art and such that were too directly recognizeable as having been copied from new product/addon artwork. But that was namely to protect sales figures of the Conquests addon at its time.

(Hey, with Civ4 comming out now- well, that means that I'll finally finish my modern marine (made from the TOW :D)

I usually use these stockcade Borders in my game. I decided to upgrade them a bit.

I've added some rock that has some translucent elements to them, so they appear different colours on different terrains.

This gives the illusion that they are underwater on water tiles, they will appear greyer on tundra, they will appear greener on grassland and browner on plains and lighter brown on the desert.

I didn't put any rocks on the hills/mountains borders only on the flat terrain borders.

I no that most people don't care much about borders, but I continue to play with them.

Comments/ideas would be appreciated.

Interesting and well executed work, as usual! :) Good to see you're still improving our beloved game.

I've added some rock that has some translucent elements to them, so they appear different colours on different terrains.

This gives the illusion that they are underwater on water tiles, they will appear greyer on tundra, they will appear greener on grassland and browner on plains and lighter brown on the desert.
Is this something that can only be done with the borders file? Or is there a way to make other pcx partially translucent?

While I am not sure that I would try it, how do you add them to the game? I do think that it is an excellent idea as well as an outstanding graphic.

Just the territory file.
Which leads to a second question. Is it possible to make all of the border colors translucent? So that even the civ colors show a bit of the terrain underneath.

Whether or not that is possible, would you mind posting an image of the palette / file & explanation of what you did? For the benefit of anyone else who wants to try their hand at it.

Which leads to a second question. Is it possible to make all of the border colors translucent? So that even the civ colors show a bit of the terrain underneath.

Whether or not that is possible, would you mind posting an image of the palette / file & explanation of what you did? For the benefit of anyone else who wants to try their hand at it.

Civ colours can not be made translucent.

I made two tutorials: How to Modify the Territory.PCX File, and Textured Borders.

Top Bottom