Strategy Discussion and Guides

also, why does greece get a war event on me, when turned into a satrapy? This should not happen. it makes zero sense.

also, why does greece get a war event on me, when turned into a satrapy? This should not happen. it makes zero sense.

and rome too! making the persian unique ability fully impotent and actually destructive to your empire.

For Phoenicians, is it better to manually build a palace in Carthage or move your settler on the boat to Carthage, settle Carthage first, and only then settle Sur, after Carthage?

For Phoenicians, is it better to manually build a palace in Carthage or move your settler on the boat to Carthage, settle Carthage first, and only then settle Sur, after Carthage?

Try settling your capital in Cyprus instead.
It'll immunize you from having to defend yourself in the Levant.

If you wait to settle Sur after Carthage, you risk the spawn zone being closed off by the culture of Jerusalem or Babylon, making it impossible to found. So if you want to settle Carthage first, you'll either need to found on Cyprus as TD suggests, or consider abandoning Sur completely and settle both settlers in the Magreb / Iberia.

Either way, you need to build the Cothon before the Palace imo or you risk Greece beating you to it.

Anyone got any ideas how to play Thailand?
What problem do you have? I have never tried Thai before, but I ran 5-6 games to grasp the strategy and finally won.
10 open borders - build a caravel and reach Europe, there are a lot of OB there (at least 5).
The biggest city - just farm flatlands and build +happiness buildings (and some of +health) in your capital.
No colonies in South Asia - you have to beat all 5 Trading Company events. France and Portugal ones are easy - they pop just near you. Spain one is also easy, it is just one city with few defenders. English and Dutch are harder, but it is still possible to kill them with lots of elephants and bombards. I built almost all my units in Hanoi. And I kept only Malaka and Manilla, all other cities were released to independents or Chinese as soon as possible.

Top Bottom