• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Streamers previewing Millennia

One Proud Bavarian won the entire game before the demo was finished.

I'm a die-hard believer of gameplay over graphics, but these visuals are disgraceful. The game is shockingly hideous. The battle screen is like something from a 1990s browser game. The units don't have movement animations, just a badly animated arrow and zooming action. All of the hexes have exact angles, so rivers flow left and right and deserts meet grassland with no blending. Very, very poor stuff.

More importantly for any replay value in the game, two different Pre-Release gamers are showing that Warfare, Blood, Raiders (Ages, Spirits, Domains) are so OP that you can win an Extermination Victory in short order. That pretty much indicates that all the rest of the game: Science, Religion, Culture, etc (the other 3Xs, in fact) is pretty much window dressing and irrevelant to Victory. That, in a nutshell, is bad game design. I sincerely hope that these early revelations of Imbalance by gamers cause a serious adjustment of the game factors, or this one will rarely be worth playing twice.

The strangely primitive graphics I can play with (Dog Knows, I've been playing with Civ VI's Bad Cartoons for years now) but they are not going to help this game in the marketplace no matter how good the mechanics are. Especially when it will be competing with not only Civ IV, but also ARA, Humankind, and Old World, all of which look better. The wails that Game Mechanics are more important than Graphics are worthless if no one buys the game to try the mechanics in the first place.

From widgetbrittle on CFC Reddit:
I know this is highly off-topic, but in the more than ten years that I've been in these forums, I only just knew that we have a subreddit.

I know this is highly off-topic, but in the more than ten years that I've been in these forums, I only just knew that we have a subreddit.
Yup we were invited to take control of an Reddit old fan group called CivFanatics in mid 2022 that had 71 people in it and made it into an official CivFanatics group which has just hit 1k! :) If you look at the big top blue menu on this forum you'll see there's a 'Follow Us' drop down menu. In there you'll find links to our Facebook, Twitter (although it's dead as we lost access to it), Reddit, and Mastodon. We also have a new Instagram account that needs to be added to the drop down list too come to think of it.

1707625896038.png

Yup we were invited to take control of an Reddit old fan group called CivFanatics in mid 2022 that had 71 people in it and made it into an official CivFanatics group which has just hit 1k! :) If you look at the big top blue menu on this forum you'll see there's a 'Follow Us' drop down menu. In there you'll find links to our Facebook, Twitter (although it's dead as we lost access to it), Reddit, and Mastodon. We also have a new Instagram account that needs to be added to the drop down list too come to think of it.

View attachment 684437
No Bluesky plans? :)

Bluesky's come up in conversation along with 'Threads' too. The_J and I are kinda at our limits of free time to run these pages as it is so we really need one of the Twitter impersonators to 'win the war' and then we can go with them instead of having to do them all. :lol:
Hehe yeah. I get that.:lol:

Top Bottom