Stupid question: Does RoM 2.91 work in hotseat mode?

rida

Chieftain
Hi,
after trying to find a solution for my problem for hours I decided to register and open this thread since I'm really confused now. :crazyeye:

My simple question is: Is it possible to play Rise of Mankind 2.91 (or an older version) in hotseat mode?

Every time I try to start a hotseat MP game (no matter whether revolutions are switched on or off) I get the same "Wilhelmina" XML errer as Gomer Pyle described it in Dec 2009 for RoM 2.81: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8702556&postcount=516

I have AND 1.73 installed - could this be the reason for the trouble or does RoM not work with hotseat at all?

In February, Flay wrote: "MP works fine with ROM 2.81 + AND 1.60."
(http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354801)

So I thought it should work for hotseat, too, but I never managed to start a hotseat MP game with RoM without crashing to desktop while loading.

I really would be grateful if someone could help solving my confusion 'cause I love playing Civ with two friends in hotseat mode and RoM is simply so much better than normal BtS. :)

I'm currently playing a hotseat mode game with my wife with RoM 2.91+AND 1.72; after 82 hours of playing we're about in year 1870 and no problem so far except some rare CTD which can be solved by reloading the game. GEM, Rev, about 40 civs in the game at the moment.

Strange... But thanks, this means it normally should work.
Could Windows Vista be the reason for the problem? I got used to the fact that Vista often does annoying things...

Strange... But thanks, this means it normally should work.
Could Windows Vista be the reason for the problem? I got used to the fact that Vista often does annoying things...

I'm using Windows 7 now, I also had a lot of problems with Vista and I've changed OS as soon as I had a chance. I can't say anyway if your problem is vista-related, nor I could tell if my problems with Civ and Vista were related to Vista or to some bugs in the older versions of RoM.

I have the exact same problem as rida and no idea what's causing it. Im using RoM 2.91 + AND 173 patch H. My operatin sysytem is windows 7. Any ideas how to get the hotseat working?

Same problem.

I had downloaded AND 1.73 and the patch after growing a little tired of ROM 2.91 (wanted more stuff).

I played a single player game of AND 1.73 no problem yesterday, but today my brother tried to do a hotseat and it failed to work. Same exact message.

I've uninstalled Civ4 and am in the process of reinstalling it to BTS 3.19 and ROM 2.91 w/ patch.

I'll see if it works. If doesn't, I'm going to be a bit disappointed.

It's kind of consoling that I'm not the only one who experieces this hotseat problem. ^^

Please let us know if reinstalling works or not. Maybe this could help us to figure out why it works for some people and doesn't work for others.

The error in the OP is easy to fix. In your Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword folder, delete the folder labeled "CustomAssets". Do this for every computer. That should fix your problem.

The error in the OP is easy to fix. In your Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword folder, delete the folder labeled "CustomAssets". Do this for every computer. That should fix your problem.

I just started two games to test it and OMG I can't believe it works! And the solution was so simple! :crazyeye:

Thank you very much, Afforess, for this help and for your incredible AND!

Top Bottom