Subdued Animals in C2C discussions

No problem.

I have noticed a small error in what I provided to start with; the "Effect - Stories" should be display only otherwise they clog up the building upgrades page of the pedia. Should be easy enough to fix in your template.

@DH,
Has the bear riders and other mounted animals been removed/changed? Last 2 new games I can't figure out how to get them? But this last game the Mayans did have llama riders.....Hmmmm.........

JosEPh :confused::old:

@DH,
Has the bear riders and other mounted animals been removed/changed? Last 2 new games I can't figure out how to get them? But this last game the Mayans did have llama riders.....Hmmmm.........

JosEPh :confused::old:

You need to build the specific animal wonder unlocked by megafauna domestication to get them, they are like cultural units, only 1 nation should have access to these, an earlier bug that I think recently got fixed made bear riders available to anyone.

Bear Riders are a wonder unit in that you need to build the Megafauna building Bear Trainer. Llama riders aren't, they are like horses you just need the resource.

On the discussion on the hunting sight for the hunters. The original hunter was able to carry a hawk or eagle. That unit could carryout aerial recon like fighters can from an aircraft carrier. The problem was that there can only be one range for aerial recon and it was way to big for our needs.

You need to build the specific animal wonder unlocked by megafauna domestication to get them, they are like cultural units, only 1 nation should have access to these, an earlier bug that I think recently got fixed made bear riders available to anyone.

That why I asked because it used to be that capturing the "right animals" with Mega fauna tech researched you could get all kinds of mounts. Now it's been reduced to mostly Not getting them. It was hard enough a year ago to get a Giraffe Rider/archer unit. Now it seems impossible. I think this detracts from the Mega Fauna Tech and it's "magic" of producing Fun and diverse mounted units. Sigh... always somebody that wants to take the fun out of the mod 'cause OMG you can have bear riders!?? Isn;t that silly? It's Not historical I tell you! :rolleyes::cringe::gripe: (where is that dadgummed Blah Blah smilie when you need it!!!)

JosEPh :p

That why I asked because it used to be that capturing the "right animals" with Mega fauna tech researched you could get all kinds of mounts. Now it's been reduced to mostly Not getting them. It was hard enough a year ago to get a Giraffe Rider/archer unit. Now it seems impossible. I think this detracts from the Mega Fauna Tech and it's "magic" of producing Fun and diverse mounted units. Sigh... always somebody that wants to take the fun out of the mod 'cause OMG you can have bear riders!?? Isn;t that silly? It's Not historical I tell you! :rolleyes::cringe::gripe: (where is that dadgummed Blah Blah smilie when you need it!!!)

JosEPh :p

Getting the unit with out the wonder has always been wrong. The whole pointy is that you need the wonder for those units. If you want to build them in more of your cities than the one you built the wonder in then build the heritage building that allows that.

It is almost exactly like the culture units. Only one nation can build them. However not all cities can build them until you expend the effort and build the heritage building.

The "old buggy wrong way" was more fun. :( I miss the "riders" of the earlier versions. Those were fun to get. :) And hunting had more of a purpose too, impo. Now it's so convoluted you need a manual to figure out that you can't get them anyway. :p Just sayin'. :/

JosEPh

If everyone can get it what is the point? of the tech or the wonder.

The Tech Allows the riders, that's it's Point (and for me it's the Main reason for the Tech). As for the Wonder <shrug>? I don't chase after Wonders in C2C like I would vanilla BtS. If I get one then :cool:, if not then :rockon:.

JosEPh ;)

The Tech Allows the riders, that's it's Point (and for me it's the Main reason for the Tech). As for the Wonder <shrug>? I don't chase after Wonders in C2C like I would vanilla BtS. If I get one then :cool:, if not then :rockon:.

JosEPh ;)

yes well, our tech tree is all about horses.

I would redo the whole mounted unit set, so that you would have to choose one animal as a mount (perhaps 2 one light and one heavy). You would also be able to select a usual draft animal for work ploughing and hauling. Once you had done that you would be stuck with them until machinery. There would still be culture units that use different animals. Return from pastures and hunting camps would reflect your choice. For example if you chose Bears (heavy) and Deer (light and work) then horse, camel, elephant and donkey pasture would be like cattle in that they provide fewer :hammers: and more :food: while deer hunting camps would give more :hammers:.

yes well, our tech tree is all about horses.
I was under the assumption that the Mega Fauna Tech helped ease the "all about horse" perception? Maybe I was mislead all along? It certainly Did give more choice than having or not having Horses or a mounted unit of any kind. What's up with the "disdain" for horses?:confused:

I would redo the whole mounted unit set, so that you would have to choose one animal as a mount (perhaps 2 one light and one heavy). You would also be able to select a usual draft animal for work ploughing and hauling. Once you had done that you would be stuck with them until machinery. There would still be culture units that use different animals. Return from pastures and hunting camps would reflect your choice. For example if you chose Bears (heavy) and Deer (light and work) then horse, camel, elephant and donkey pasture would be like cattle in that they provide fewer :hammers: and more :food: while deer hunting camps would give more :hammers:.

While that would lighten the unit load selection process, as a player my initial reaction is Egads! Why? :eek: Guess I just don't see it. <shrug>

JosEPh

My view is that every nation should be unique. C2C seems to want that every nation should be the same.

I like this idea. Very.
Cant wait to see this system in-game.

Hmm in Realism Invictus each civilization can build unique improvment. This is also great idea IMO. Maybe we can add this feature along with animal specialization.

My view is that every nation should be unique. C2C seems to want that every nation should be the same.
Agreed.

Off topic:
I think assimilation of different native cultures should be reevaluated as a system with the goal of making it harder to get more than 1 native culture.

Perhaps something that require:
-The capture of foreign capitol or other significant city.
-Capitulation.
-A system that can provide more than 1 of your native culture that can be traded to only nations with whom you have very good relations ("Yellow happy face") to and/or free-trade-agreement/defense-alliance or some such.

Sorry but the "Animal Story Requirement" is annoying me. What the bleep is it? It used to says 'requires School of Scribes', far easier to understand. I can't find this new thingummy anywhere in the pedia. Work in progress I suppose, but please confirm/explain anyway.

Sorry but the "Animal Story Requirement" is annoying me. What the bleep is it? It used to says 'requires School of Scribes', far easier to understand. I can't find this new thingummy anywhere in the pedia. Work in progress I suppose, but please confirm/explain anyway.

Since I have had to change other things and it takes hours I decided to make it easier for me. Now if I need to change the requirements on any of Myth, Story or Stories I can do in it one place.

Currently Story did not change and is just the School of Scribes.

You should be able to click on the name in the pedia to get that building to show up. If not there is a bug there. The icon for the building should be in the requires box of the page which is another way to get to it.

Since I have had to change other things and it takes hours I decided to make it easier for me. Now if I need to change the requirements on any of Myth, Story or Stories I can do in it one place.

Currently Story did not change and is just the School of Scribes.

You should be able to click on the name in the pedia to get that building to show up. If not there is a bug there. The icon for the building should be in the requires box of the page which is another way to get to it.

Thanks for explaining:)

Top Bottom